Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next seasons shirt manufacturer - MACRON

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Do agree about red socks. Looks much better than white.

Biggest kit contract ever is very good news in our position. What sort of money do we usually get for our kit deals (if any?)

what does that say though about some of our kit deals when we were a prem club !!!.

just had a look at their website at some of their kits, looks to be one up from pro-star !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we've got a new deal with Macron 'the biggest kit contract in the clubs history'

They missed out "at this level"
  • Options
    Fantastic news. Don't care if Primark make the shirts, a four year deal that is financially 'the biggest kit contract in the club's history' is only ever going to be good news.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]25 Febbraio 2010 - Macron ha siglato l'accordo di sponsor tecnico ufficiale dello storico team di League One, Charlton Athletic. A partire dalla stagione 2010.

They called us "historical"... nice and flattering!
  • Options
    does biggest refer to duration or net fee to the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]does biggest refer to duration or net fee to the club?

think it must be overall income, duration would surely be "longest", surely they can't spin things that much!
  • Options
    well duration would mean that too, so perhaps we need average annual net fee comparison?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]does biggest refer to duration or net fee to the club?

think it must be overall income, duration would surely be "longest", surely they can't spin things that much!

Nope, but some supporters will
  • Options
    'biggest kit contract in the club's history'....crikey.

Very good news
  • Options
    'biggest kit contract in the club's history'....crikey.

Very good news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We signed a 4 year extension with Joma in 2006 as a Premier League club

Can't be the biggest as in longest me thinks...

OS link
  • Options
    yeah praps your right, bit odd tho in this climate etc, perhaps they trying to leverage the market etc
  • Options
    Macron will have been impressed with how Joma grew their brand with us.

All depends on what the deal covers as to what makes it biggest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    By all accounts they've commercially exploded in the last couple of years.

As Henry says, they are coming over in a big way to "grow their brand".

They've moved into the North of England with Shef Utd, Leeds, Stockport... now they are heading south with us, West Ham and Millwall.

Throwing money around in the short term could mean big return in the mid/long term.

There is a massive gap in the market beneath the Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Umbro (effectively now Nike) super-deals... if a company a la Lotto, Joma, Kappa, Macron, Diadora can come in and get a majority in that market there's huge potential there.
  • Options
    Good to see we have stuck with a manufacturer.
    Unlike palarse who brought nike kits and stuck badges on.

Still dissapointed with krbs.
    sh*t sponser.
    can't wait till they feck off.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Still dissapointed with krbs.
    sh*t sponser.
    Erm - what's wrong with them? The club (steve Sutherland) worked ridiculously hard to get a sponsor at all this season to get some much needed funds in and there are a local business willing to invest in us.

Maybe we try and get Apple next time?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]
    Still dissapointed with krbs.
    sh*t sponser.

Good financially though, what's good for the goose is good for the gander and all.

True to our local roots as well, I see that as important in the modern game, whether it's academy players or local business
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]By all accounts they've commercially exploded in the last couple of years.

As Henry says, they are coming over in a big way to "grow their brand".

They've moved into the North of England with Shef Utd, Leeds, Stockport... now they are heading south with us, West Ham and Millwall.

Throwing money around in the short term could mean big return in the mid/long term.

There is a massive gap in the market beneath the Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Umbro (effectively now Nike) super-deals... if a company a la Lotto, Joma, Kappa, Macron, Diadora can come in and get a majority in that market there's huge potential there.

And there are all the links to the community work.

Rightly or wrongly they must see us as a viable and profitable partner for them
  • Options
    Lads, Lads, Lads,

Don't get too excited, its a spelling mistake, the new deal is with 'Macro'

All season ticket holders will be intitled to 10% off in the store on match days. ;-)

Only joking........well done to the club for getting this sponsorship deal over the line.
  • Options
    Bang on.

Maybe their board would like to shall we say "further their interest" and put an offer in for the whole lot not just the polyester!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They completely blew Joma out of the water offer wise so I hear. Well done the club, although personally I liked the Joma kits.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]They completely blew Joma out of the water offer wise so I hear. Well done the club, although personally I liked the Joma kits.
    agree liked our prem relegation home kit and our old white away that looked like an england kit. also really like both of this season's shirts.
  • Options
    Fair play to the club on this one. Welling United also have Macron doing their kit at present.
  • Options
    Ain't they the green aliens with massive forheads that dan dare used to fight?? Theve done well for themselfs ain't they..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I wonder if they would do a big shirt flag?

we wont have enough fans in the ground to pass it round.
  • Options
    Joma's strip's this year are excellent, both home and away. Last season's were garbage imho so for me it has been a swings and roundabouts relationship overall. I have to say that I am glad the club has got a great deal financially but sad to say that all Macron kits I have seen thus far are uninspiring at best.
    That said I will withold judgement until I see 2010-11's strip but I have to say the pulse is not racing. Then again as long as the players wearing it wear the CAFC colours with pride I will be happy. I love this years white socks as they remind me of the late 80's -Peter Shirtliff, Jim Melrose et al.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Ain't they the green aliens with massive forheads that dan dare used to fight?? Theve done well for themselfs ain't they..

Or are they the 1980's Psycho Billy band from Leeds?
  • Options
    The Mekon........love that lil' guy. Bless him and the dish he floats around on.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic - the club that always manages to find kit manufacturers that nobody's heard of - Macron? before this one, Joma (unheard of back in 2003), somewhere in the past Quaser, Ribero, even further back, OSCA....they even managed to find Admiral (at a time when most people probably thought they no longer existed!)....this shows that Charlton are the forward thinking, innovative football club we always knew they were!!!!!:-)

Anyway, good to secure a 4 yr deal, hope the cloth is of good quality.........
  • Options
    Used to have Reversible Macron five a side shirts. They were rubish, but it was a while ago.