Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    9 trains down to two... man they will be PACKED!!!!!!
  • Options
    as AFKA says, two trains a hour down from 9. Leave Dartford, via Bexleyheath, at 22 and 52 past the hour. At least ours start from Dartford so should get a seat ok. Could be worth going back to Dartford as you then have a choice of more trains plus a seat. Should be fun.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Got up at 5 20 to make sure I got the 1st train only to discover the 1st train isn't until gone 7 30.

9 trains an hour down to 2, and instead of starting at dartford they start from gillingham, stopping something like 17 stops befor it gets to sunny sidcup.

Absolute farce
    I'm going to try the long way round & get the Woolwich loop service to Cannon St from New Eltham. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    not even bothering on the Bexleyheath line from Welling, bought enough work home last night thinking it would be like this...the (circa) 4 hours wasted travelling time can be better spent today*

*in the warm with the cricket on!
  • Options
    in earlier than norm got 622 from Dartford no probs but well busy on route hate to think what later up line trains going to be like best bet get train down to Dartford and get one up from there on a start train.........saying that will leave at 2 and camp up in bar neat cannon st or Lon Bridge if any trouble
  • Options
    Got the the first train out of Welling at 4 minutes past 7. Packed to the rafters
  • Options
    Got an empty train at Dartford at 7.02 and was a very pleasant journey to be fair.

Getting home may be another story though...
  • Options
    6.46 from petts wood as per normal. Made 3 extra stops on route. Arrived at work before my start as per normal.
    There must have been at least 2 inches of snow on my wifes car and she has downed tools for the day. Pathetic.
  • Options
    No Problem for me in 10 minutes earlier than normal.

Bus to Woolwich, DLR Canning Town, Jub to Westminster, Dis to St James

All working all running a good service on the lines i use
  • Options
    Anyone else think if as forecast it snows throughout the day, getting home tonight might turn out to be a bit of a nightmare?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got to lee and lots of people and no news. They said 1st train up would be at 8 (this was at 7.20) and it was just leaving stone crossing stopping everywhere. Got myself a metro and back to the bus stop. Got bus to lewisham - v speedy, am on dlr with a seat at tower gateway. Just gotta work out how to get to camden from here!
  • Options
    Got to New Eltham at 0630 for the 0643 only to be told by the bloke selling newspapers that the first train was at 0745 so i got the 321 to new cross another bus to the Elephant and then the northern line to London Bridge.

Got into work to find that some twat had left the window open in the room where i work and it was freezing,i have an idea who it was but can't prove anything but thankfuly it's starting to warm up now.

It's started to snow here now so getting home may be fun. Deep Joy :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Anyone else think if as forecast it snows throughout the day, getting home tonight might turn out to be a bit of a nightmare?

Was thinking that keeping a eye out the window and checking reports may shoot off early
  • Options
    got to stratford office on the high speed from Ashford with no problems. More concerned about the roads when i get back to the car at Ashford as snow is forecast all day there. so it could be a POETS day, Piss Off Early Tis Snowing.
  • Options
    Got to the Station at 6:30 and got a train around 6:40. Now the company are offering up hotel rooms for tonight so looks like it could be quite a messy one.
  • Options
    boss done the not subtle walk round to clock whose made the effort right been clocked will be shooting 2ish as i can see Lon Bridge being a pain hope to be in Railway for warming half by 4 to watch the snow storm blow in.......mmm best laid plans .bet im stuck up town with all the others come 8 ish cash fighting for a train
  • Options
    I could make it to work, but what if I can't make it back?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I could make it to work, but what if I can't make it back?!

Thats what im worried about. Drove from Bexleyheath to Dartford, so i could get on a train, then changed at London Bridge for Charing Cross. All for free!! :-)

Just s******g myself about getting home. Could be a half dayer!
  • Options
    my plan will be to get the first train I can to Dartford and then worry from there as at least it's only two miles or so from home. Last trains before 9pm, pathetic.
  • Options
    Got to Sidcup at 8.15, train came in about 8.35, just got on the last carriage. If you lived further up the line you had no chance and are probably still waiting for a train.

How do they get away with running a reduced service? Surely if 2 trains an hour can get up the line then so can 8 or 9 trains. It's the same track!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got to eltham at 0730 - couldnt get on any trains, all packed adn some didnt even stop! gave up after the 910 was packed.
  • Options
    cheers for times looks like have to go over charing cross as lom bridge will be heaving and can st will be mobbed.......last train 9pm joke......how far as the glacier come down !!
  • Options
    Rumour spreading that Charing X is gonna shut at 3 today!!! need to check this out!
  • Options
    Last trains from Charing Cross are going to be around 8pm, if you need to get back into Kent, use the High Speed from St Pancras, all tickets are being accepted on those routes
  • Options
    thats what they say now. Watch them shit their pants and cancel services.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Last trains from Charing Cross are going to be around 8pm, if you need to get back into Kent, use the High Speed from St Pancras, all tickets are being accepted on those routes
    And how am I meant to be get home from Ebsfleet/Ashford or Paris?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Last trains from Charing Cross are going to be around 8pm, if you need to get back into Kent, use the High Speed from St Pancras, all tickets are being accepted on those routes

Walk
  • Options

Just find a Doris at the station, do some WSS magic on her and take her to Paris....
  • Options
    Get the train! ;-)

Working at home today, just seen the postman surf (sledging standing up) on a piece of cardboard, hopefully it wasn't someone's post!