Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Last trains from Charing Cross are going to be around 8pm, if you need to get back into Kent, use the High Speed from St Pancras, all tickets are being accepted on those routes
    And how am I meant to be get home from Ebsfleet/Ashford or Paris?
    Get the train! ;-)

Working at home today, just seen the postman surf (sledging standing up) on a piece of cardboard, hopefully it wasn't someone's post!

Probably the DVDs i'm waiting on from Amazon!
  • Options
    as Chris said above, if they can run two trains an hour on every line then why can't they run more. They have the stock, they even have the drivers, just a excuse to reduce services and save money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Got to Sidcup at 8.15, train came in about 8.35, just got on the last carriage. If you lived further up the line you had no chance and are probably still waiting for a train.

How do they get away with running a reduced service? Surely if 2 trains an hour can get up the line then so can 8 or 9 trains. It's the same track!!
    Was on the same train.

Last train from Charing Cross, Dartford via Sidcup, is at 19.56 tonight. I will be leaving work at 3.30/4pm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]as Chris said above, if they can run two trains an hour on every line then why can't they run more. They have the stock, they even have the drivers, just a excuse to reduce services and save money.
    If they try to run a full service & fail, they're liable for penalties and we can claim refunds.

If they run the reduced service they've advertised, then they're not liable (that's direct from Dartford ticket office!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]as Chris said above, if they can run two trains an hour on every line then why can't they run more. They have the stock, they even have the drivers, just a excuse to reduce services and save money.
    If they try to run a full service & fail, they're liable for penalties and we can claim refunds.

If they run the reduced service they've advertised, then they're not liable (that's direct from Dartford ticket office!)
    That's f**king disgusting.
  • Options
    So pleased I'm working from home ... just hope I can get to Heathrow tomorrow evening otherwise next business trip is stuffed!
  • Options
    South Eastern are running a reduced Sunday service on a wednesday. Awful company.
  • Options
    So what are we going to do? when are we going to march on all mainline stations?
  • Options
    they have only got poor recently, as I said yesterday, it is because the government wanted as much money as possible from them to run the service, so made the terms and conditions very loose to encourage the highest price from bidders. the previous service providers, or BR would never have been allowed to do this to commuters and get away with it. Dont blame them completely as they are a commercial organisation out to make as much profit as possible, the contract allows them to do this, blame the government.
  • Options
    I use South West trains and they seem to be running a pretty decent service at the moment.

A few trains have been cancelled and that's bearing in mind that places like Hampshire has been the worst hit.

I dont know how South East Trains get away with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bugger me if its snowed on a sunday id hate to see the time table they would come up with for that...!!
  • Options
    Can someone keep me updated on the snow conditions on south east London. Working in Hackney and it has been snowing all morning but not heavily. Need to keep an eye out as do not want a nightmare journey home tonight cheers
  • Options
    im sure in the old days God Bless em !! the area manager and station manager would roll up to work early with an pack an extra packet of woodbines , fill up the flask and and have pride in making sure the trains got through............i guess now with fines etc the insentive to do the best job has gone from trying to do you best to covering your arse...
  • Options
    My dad just text its snowing heavily in Bexleyheath now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]My dad just text its snowing heavily in Bexleyheath now.

Has been for a couple of hours now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]I use South West trains and they seem to be running a pretty decent service at the moment.

A few trains have been cancelled and that's bearing in mind that places like Hampshire has been the worst hit.

I dont know how South East Trains get away with it.

I take it back, they are cancelling a load of trains home now!
  • Options
    There should be no excuse for SouthEastern to start cancelling trains for this evening if the tracks and points are in use.

Overnight perhaps, but not during the day. Although im sure they could think of something.
  • Options
    Snowing pretty heavily in Mottingham also...
  • Options
    its not just the snow...its becuase it falling on the. .......... leaves on the line, that have be frozern with the wrong type of rain that have stuck to the lines that were damaged due to the hot summer we had..............also the new stock , are all in the wrong position all due to the inclement weather we have now during all seasons......

then again we all know theres a guy at London Bridge who spins the huge Excuse Wheel which at the mo keeps landing on snow section....!!
  • Options
    OK Trainspotter time - It's quite simple - The trains are crap.

Javelins are running OK in this weather as they have more "shoes" (four per 6 carriages)to pick up juice from the third rail on the Cattlewagon lines. The old "Notworkers" only have two shoes to pick up juice from the third rail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]

That's f**king disgusting.
    Too right it is.

I guess the person at the ticket office is fed up as well, it must make their job a lot harder when the service gets altered like this. There's only a certain amount of times you can apologies to an angry person for something that isn't your fault and when you fully agree with them before you give up on the company line.
  • Options
    I'd just like to report that the coaches were running fine this morning. Nice reclining seat, heating was spot on perfect, left on time, arrived on time and cost a fraction of what those South Eastern tossers charge...
  • Options
    Fair play the roads were gritted well last night. All bus routes were movng, i got on a bus no problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Fair play the roads were gritted well last night. All bus routes were movng, i got on a bus no problem.

Indeed they were. Walking down the Minories yesterday evening I could taste the salt!
  • Options
    I got a bus to the O2 this morning , 161 from Eltham. It does go a long way round but roads were fine and traffic light. Got a tube at 0610 and in work by 0635.
    The 132 now goes to North Greenwich and more direct than the 161, I may dump SE Trains altogether. They are a bunch of ****s.
  • Options
    Yes chirps I had no problem getting on a 486... admittedly that was at 9am!
  • Options
    Have a word with yourselves - it's like trainspotters annonymous on here!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Have a word with yourselves - it's like trainspotters annonymous on here!

I see you couldn't keep away ;-)
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2010
    No trains from Victoria from 2pm going to Brighton way