Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    decided to work at home again, can't face the hassle at Welling and the time wasted travelling.
  • Options
    8.30 and still not had a train go through Sidcup
  • Options
    Lady Irving waited at Bickley Station for an hour. No stopping trains (1 fast train went through) so she has come home.

Henry Jnr's School closed too.
  • Options
    I know someone who left Bromley at 16.53 last night and got home to Ashford at 5am
  • Options
    whilst my day off today has been wasted (due to be doing a driving test in essex but test centre iced in) i am glad i havent got to try and get in. tomorrow i suspect will be a walk down to ebbsfleet and grab the high speed service.

good luck to all of you getting in and out today. Drove my wife to her school today as didn't want her attempting the untreated surface of the school car park.

kids are at school so have whole house to myself and the dog to watch the cricket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]8.30 and still not had a train go through Sidcup

how long you been there, mate? i thought there was four an hour today.

was thinking of heading to lee station about 9.30-10. didn't bother leaving the house yesterday. anderson is blocking well too.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]whilst my day off today has been wasted (due to be doing a driving test in essex but test centre iced in) i am glad i havent got to try and get in. tomorrow i suspect will be a walk down to ebbsfleet and grab the high speed service.

good luck to all of you getting in and out today. Drove my wife to her school today as didn't want her attempting the untreated surface of the school car park.

kids are at school so have whole house to myself and the dog to watch the cricket.

Who does the Dog support ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]whilst my day off today has been wasted (due to be doing a driving test in essex but test centre iced in) i am glad i havent got to try and get in. tomorrow i suspect will be a walk down to ebbsfleet and grab the high speed service.

kids are at school so have whole house to myself and the dog to watch the cricket.[/quote]

Who does the Dog support ?[/quote]

he's a dachshund and germans don't understand cricket, i tried teaching him about lbw but he just got excited and pissed himself.
  • Options
    Dropped wife at 7.30 at Sidcup. Despite 7.40 being on the board, as AFKA says, this was the usual bit of misinformation we have come to expect. She decided to go to Dartford and try and get on another line and is currently sitting at Westcombe Park. At least she's nearer than when she started but what a total shambles.
  • Options
    Trains suspended between London Bridge and Dartford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got the 0713 from New Eltham which was on time and quite empty,shame that it was freezing cold.Train was then diverted at London Bridge to Charing X due to a broken down train at Cannon St.

I wonder what sort of mess they'll be in tonight?
  • Options
    Live in South Manc 1:50 on a virgin train from Stockport, then you could actually afford to buy a house? I forgot.....South London is wonderful, full of etc. But I was thinking, do you think people commute from Stockport now it's under 2 hours?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Trains suspended between London Bridge and Dartford.

Oh dear!
  • Options
    Bexleyheath line seems to be ok, packed from Welling onwards tho
  • Options
    I got to work fine as I didn't use South Eastern trains.

Now for more important train related matters;
    550px-Circle_Line.svg.png
    Anyone else noticed that the circle line has become a spiral?!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

any ideas why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite]Live in South Manc 1:50 on a virgin train from Stockport, then you could actually afford to buy a house? I forgot.....South London is wonderful, full of etc. But I was thinking, do you think people commute from Stockport now it's under 2 hours?
    Too long a journey and too expensive, although they're probably some idiots who do it.
  • Options
    Polar Bears on line
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]

any ideas why?
    Oh sorry.

Due to adverse weather conditions. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]

any ideas why?

Poor rail conditions is the excuse they are using
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wife just came back from Lee station, no trains at all, not much prospect...waiting for announcements. She won't go into london today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]My wife just came back from Lee station, no trains at all, not much prospect...waiting for announcements. She won't go into london today.

nice one seth, saved me the treck down burnt ash hill. cricket and sopranos season 2 it is for me today then.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Polar Bears on line[/quote]

I never knew they roamed around in the south east.....
  • Options
    Working from home today, happily in the warm with the cricket on...

Took nearly four hours to get home last night, coach dropping me off about 20 mins walk away from home. Good effort seeing as the M2 and A249 had taken a good white coating by then.

Heard someone from Sittingbourne took 7 hours to get home from Victoria - train got as far as Gillingham, sat there for a few hours before being picked up. Shambles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]anderson is blocking well too.....

Doh, nice one Dec! ;-)
  • Options
    Got to Sidcup at 7.15. Waited until 8.15 and then came home..... Incompetant fools
  • Options
    Need to get to Heathrow this evening ... anyone know if M25 is ok?
  • Options
    Had no real problems at all this morning. Left at 7 and walked to Barnehurst, got a seat on the 07:29 to CX and was sitting at my desk by 8.35am, only 5 minutes later than the journey normally would take. Am planning on leaving by 2.30pm at the latest today though after the chaos at London Bridge yesterday when I left here at 3pm. May even leave at lunchtime if I feel like it.

I have the option to work from home in my position but prefer to come in where I can... tend to get more done and I get to keep an eye on my staff too...sets them a good example and earns some good old fashioned respect.
  • Options
    walked to Barnehurst, missed JohnBoyUk's train by three minutes. No worries, 7.42 to CS advertised. It never arrived. Got 7.59 to Charing X, banged out by Falconwood. Going to be trouble tonigt when everyone will go home nearer to normal time.
  • Options
    Reported as a signal fault at Dartford.

They cant send anyone out to fix it because of a Health and Safety agreement with the trade unions.........