Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    I got to Hayes at 7.30am to find the route closed, so jumped on a bus to Bromley, train to Victoria, got off at Brixton, tube to Oxford Circus and walked into my office at 8.30am - one hour door to door.

Hayes, Charing Cross line - bunch of arse!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]as Chris said above, if they can run two trains an hour on every line then why can't they run more. They have the stock, they even have the drivers, just a excuse to reduce services and save money.
    If they try to run a full service & fail, they're liable for penalties and we can claim refunds.

If they run the reduced service they've advertised, then they're not liable (that's direct from Dartford ticket office!)
    That's f**king disgusting.
    Too right it is.

I guess the person at the ticket office is fed up as well, it must make their job a lot harder when the service gets altered like this. There's only a certain amount of times you can apologies to an angry person for something that isn't your fault and when you fully agree with them before you give up on the company line.

Im really fekked off with this. and we just sit and take it. load of rubbish.

facebook page to say how crap they are
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I know the airport is currently shut but does anyone know if the Gatwick express is running?
  • Options
    didn't realise that there is a choIce of three buses from Bexleyheath to the 02. There is also the riverboat which my mate does daily from Woolwich.
  • Options
    Londonist

come on everyone - lets get revolting ;-)

i'm gonna go home via stratford I think.
  • Options
    I think im going to do the boat tonight. sit near the bar... hot toddys on tap.
  • Options
    that sounds like a good idea - can i get a boat from camden to the city to join you!?!?!? thats an idea - lets go back to the old school way of travelling by boat!
  • Options
    where does the boat go from in the City, London Bridge ??
  • Options
    yeah but how to get to the blinking boat? Sledge down shooters hill?
  • Options
    Well im going to get on at London Bridge but if not a gooer will try the tube to North Greenwich tho its a real shit to get from there bar walking. Im sure the boats will be accepting railcard tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]where does the boat go from in the City, London Bridge ??

Go down the steps as it walking to the Horniman pub and you see the pier there.
  • Options
    same service tomorrow on the trains announce Southeastern.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]same service tomorrow on the trains announce Southeastern.

how can i get from Lee to this high speed thingy thats free then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]same service tomorrow on the trains announce Southeastern.

how can i get from Lee to this high speed thingy thats free then?
    Train to Dartford, Taxi to Ebsfleet.

Voila.
  • Options
    are TFL / South Eastern paying for taxi's too? awesome!
  • Options
    on a train from cannon st. No problems so far but only just left. Bit crowded on it but outside station like a ghost town. Just got to london bridge an thats a bit mobbed. Id suggest going to can st to get on a train as people cant get on there.
  • Options
    so was all ok on the journeys home? Just wondering what to do tomorrow from eltham to croydon. waited 2 hours to try to get on a train at eltham this morning. I am thinking either leave it later tomorrow get the 940, or go early and go back to dartford!
  • Options
    Was seriously unimpressed that Southeastern decided yesterday that the bad weather - which was forecast as being worst to the WEST of the London area - was going to be enough to reduce the service to two trains an hour.

To give them a small amount of credit, I was able to get to and from work without too many dramas, although it probably helped travelling before 8am and then after 6.30pm.

Both seemed to run at normal speed and on time - which makes a bit of a mockery of the fact that they decided to reduce the service in the first place...
  • Options
    Train from Sidcup at 10.00 was empty. Bit rammed on the train home at 16.00 but the service was better then the week before Christmas when it took hours to get back.
  • Options
    I got the 18.35 from Waterloo East to Bexleyheath and it was empty and ran on time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ditto with the 18.17 from Cannon St. to Dartford. Got home earlier than normal
  • Options
    Thanks guys so, go late or early, come home early is the way forward!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]so was all ok on the journeys home? Just wondering what to do tomorrow from eltham to croydon. waited 2 hours to try to get on a train at eltham this morning. I am thinking either leave it later tomorrow get the 940, or go early and go back to dartford!

If you can wait until later then thats the better option, but if not then i'd get a train down the line to Bexleyheath and come back up from there. Or if it's going to Dartford, go there as then you'll have more train options as Dartford is on a number of routes. TRAINSPOTTERS!!
  • Options
    I think that worked as people panicked and went home early so there wasn't a big rush. Now we're saying its ok to go at normal time in the evening the trains will be rammo where everyone does the same!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I think that worked as people panicked and went home early so there wasn't a big rush. Now we're saying its ok to go at normal time in the evening the trains will be rammo where everyone does the same!

yep. What we need is another flurry around 2.30 tomorrow, everyone bugger off early again and then when I want to get a train around 5.30/6pm they will be half empty again. As tomorrow progresses there is no reason why southeastern can't add in extra trains but they won't, they really don't care for their customers. I expect rush hour(s) tomorrow night to be a pain in the arse.
  • Options
    how are trains on the Greenwich line this morning??
  • Options
    no trains going in or out of cannon st due to a failed train. No greenwich line to dartford at present.
  • Options
    got in worse that yesterday two trains dead at LB blocking cannon st correct joy of joys.........lol keep smiling
  • Options
    At eltham they were advetising cannon st trains but they were all cancelled. If these were running there would have been 4 trains an hour so an improvement on yesterday. Of couse they wernt running so more of the same with trains not stopping. I went back to welling and managed to get on one. Flippin rammo though.
  • Options
    2 Trains at Dartford cancelled this morning, got on the 6.52 to Charing X but it only got as far as Falconwood before being too busy and then going fast to Lewisham.

Really think getting home tonight could be a problem though with people just leaving at normal time.