Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holiday(s) 2010

edited January 2010 in Not Sports Related
Whilst we are all shivering during this cold spell what better way of looking on the bright side is to book or plan holidays for 2010. So where are you going.....and as the Aussies say in the advert..."where the bloody hell are ya".

Having had a good run last year finishing with my trip to Peru (highly recommended and probably in my top 3 places ever) I will have to curb my travelling. Although I'm off in March (day after our visit to the scum) to Egypt doing the tour of the famous sites; Pyramids, Awam dam, Abel Simbel, Valley of Kings, Nile cruise etc. I've been many times before in Egypt but just want to have a bit of sunshine and not have to travel so far (I'm normally in Australia this time of year). Other destination is a long weekend in Prague and depending on the finances I Mos Go to Russia and to St Petersburgh to the Hermitage museums.

And now over to you.........!

Comments

• Going with the family to Biarritz in August for 2 weeks.

Am counting the days already. . . .
  • Going Austria from 30th July til 8th August, means i miss first game of the new season though :(
  • edited January 2010
    Think I might be going for bits and pieces here and there rather than one big holiday:

Lad's week away in Szczecin, Poland
    Week in Ljubljana, Slovenia, staying in a former prison.
    Bank holiday road trip to the New Forest or Devon.
    A couple of stag weekends.
  • football team lads weekend to Almeria leaving 23rd April for 3 nights (with tickets to see Almeria v Espanyol!!)

not sure about main holiday yet, think I'll leave it a while to book something, definately not going anywhere from the 11th June to the 11th July anyway!!!
  • Not sure about main holiday this year, probably end up back in Hua Hin for a few weeks.

I travel alot for business and always try to extend them out if I am going somewhere different, after my trip back to blighty, I am off to HK, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Malaysia - so my liver will be shot by the end of it!
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Not sure about main holiday this year, probably end up back in Hua Hin for a few weeks.

I travel alot for business and always try to extend them out if I am going somewhere different, after my trip back to blighty, I am off to HK, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Malaysia - so my liver will be shot by the end of it!

What do you do and how can I do it?!
  • Brisbane - late November for 3 weeks & The Ashes!!
  • I have two weeks booked in The Maldives mid March for my silver wedding. (Reethi Beach Resort)

Looking at a shorter break to Florence in June and funds permitting another week away in September, just after the rush.
  • We haven't had a family holiday for nearly 18 months now due to starting up my own business, so this year I'm going to try and make up for it with Berlin for Valentine's, Portugal with the boys in March, Cyprus with the family in May, Barcelona stag do in July, Spain in August and somewhere in the October half term too. Throw in Cannes three times, Toronto once and LA once for work and the airmiles will be racked up this year and we'll see some sunshine at long last!
  • so far only definate is austria for week skiing in march, but got to have a couple more holidays by end of year. got couple of long weekends planned, one birthday in bognor & weekend in geordie land which should be fun! never been there before

i will keep u all posted on any other hols
  • Sponsored links:

• Three weeks in sunny Camberwell.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Three weeks in sunny Camberwell.

Beautiful
  • Week in oggy land for me beginning of June!

[cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]means i miss first game of the new season though :(

Tut Tut...
  • Well, if more of you buggers come out to see us, I might be able to afford to get back to blighty in November. If not it will be 3 days in Gibralter again.
  • Papua New Guinea in August, Iceland in October, Argentina in December. I think that'll do for this year!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Papua New Guinea in August, Iceland in October, Argentina in December. I think that'll do for this year!

Iceland and Argentina.... two of my favourite places. Until we get little 'un's passport - all plans for hols are on hold.
  • Mexico for 2 weeks of pillaging next year. Nothing major this year
  • just seen that Ocean Village are ceasing to trade after this year so may do a 10 day Med cruise with them again. If not maybe two weeks in Cyprus, week in Cornwall later.
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]We haven't had a family holiday for nearly 18 months now due to starting up my own business, so this year I'm going to try and make up for it with Berlin for Valentine's, Portugal with the boys in March, Cyprus with the family in May, Barcelona stag do in July, Spain in August and somewhere in the October half term too. Throw in Cannes three times, Toronto once and LA once for work and the airmiles will be racked up this year and we'll see some sunshine at long last!

fuck me! thats a good list of hols, any spare tickets lol if carlsberg did holidays in a year see above lol
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Think I might be going for bits and pieces here and there rather than one big holiday:

Week in Ljubljana, Slovenia, staying in a former prison.
    Got banged up in Ljubljana, wasn't very nice,food was horrible and no tv,how long you intend on staying?
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to Tromso for the northern lights in December.
  • Thinking of taking my daughter to barcelona for 4/5 days,any ideas or info on short stays and hotels would be appreciated.
  • Week in North Wales in July
  • Just booked a week to lanzarote next month. After working outside in this weather, feel that it is thoroughly deserved.
    As a matter of fact, if i never booked this holiday, i would probably have jacked by now.
  • Jealous of of lot listed above !

Week in Lymme Regis in June.

That right about ocean village large ? Had a really good cruise with them a couple of years ago
  • Copenhagen for a spring break, someplace not too far away for a week or two in the summer, maybe Turkey and then first time in 'Nam.
  • Wifey is looking at brochures rightnow - turkey or Greece in august provided it'd not too hot for daughter who will be 2

also looking for a cheapish week in march / April but not sure where just yet - Maybe Ireland or France
  • Spain mid Feb long weekend

Marrakech early March Riad for a week

Easter.. Holland long weekend

July 25th Silver Wedding Anniversary, Lake Guarda

September 2 weeks in Southern Spain Costa Del Sol

October one week to be confirmed

Work is such an inconveneince!
  • Hopefully going to Greece to watch the first stages of the World Cup with LilSis in June and then another one a bit later in the year with the family.
  • Conde Folie in France for a week in Feb, June undertaking the Three Peaks Challenge, no main holiday in the summer but on Boxing Day we are off Ski -ing in Switzerland