Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday(s) 2010

Comments

• Options
    Long weekend in Rome beginning of march for the girlfriends birthday.
    Couple weeks somewhere in June, probably Italy, loads of places I need to see
    Then one week in the Dordogne in France in a lovely big villa
  • Options
    Boys trip to Copenhagen in February, would welcome any suggestions of things to do over there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Think I might be going for bits and pieces here and there rather than one big holiday:

Week in Ljubljana, Slovenia, staying in a former prison.
    Got banged up in Ljubljana, wasn't very nice,food was horrible and no tv,how long you intend on staying?

A week - I'm pretty sure they've changed the prison a bit now!!

As for the food, I am looking forward to the horse burgers!
  • Options
    Canada in September, Rockies, Grizzly Bears and Vancouver - cannot wait
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Boys trip to Copenhagen in February, would welcome any suggestions of things to do over there

Plenty to see and do, a visit to the harbour followed by a day trip to Malmo on the boat would be a good day out.
    The red light district...i'll get my coat :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Canada in September, Rockies, Grizzly Bears and Vancouver - cannot wait

give me a heads-up before you travel kimbo - i'll let you know some good places to go - i live in the rockies!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Hopefully going to Greece to watch the first stages of the World Cup with LilSis in June and then another one a bit later in the year with the family.

Come on KB - everyone knows it is in South Africa this year......

Looking to go to Cuba at end of June.
  • Options
    think we are ducking out this year due to money,my sister bought all the kids merlin passes for xmas & birthday joint pressie(thorpe park,chessington,alton towers etc annual passes),so we will probably take advantage of them.First time I haven't had a proper break for 15 years ;-(
  • Options
    yes, Afka, that is right about Ocean Village. This is their last summer and from the Autumn their ships are joining the P&O Australia fleet. Ocean Village say economic conditions etc but they are still sailing under another name the Group has (Carnival?) but it's not as relaxed or informal which is what we, and many others, like. Can't be done with all the dressing up for dinner malarky, smart casual of course but jackets etc, no way.
  • Options
    Hoping to get to Bruges for a couple of days in the next couple of months then hopefully to Toronto in the Summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Hoping to get to Bruges for a couple of days in the next couple of months then hopefully to Toronto in the Summer.

Love it there, used to always go just before xmas with my aunty and cousin. its really nice out there and each time i have been they have been filming the coca cola advert

havent been there for a few years now though :-(, we used to go to a nice pub with open fire and have hot chocolat & play board games was really fun and there ice rink in the middle of everything is good also
  • Options
    Jolly Boys Outing to Prague on Friday.
    Loire in March for the wife's B-day
    Marrakech in April.
    San Francisco in June.
    A N Other week in October.

I don't know where I find the time to work in order to pay for all these holidays!
  • Options
    Two cricket tours to Dorset/Hampshire and maybe whatever pre-season games get sorted
  • Options
    Madrid on a stag first weekend of Feb
    Cycling Geneva - Avignon last week of June
    Long weekend in Vegas with the lads for my 40th, end of July

Will fit family holidays around wife's work as soon as her schedule gets confirmed - probably a week at my parents in southern Spain in the summer months and then somewhere else hot towards the end of the year.
  • Options
    Hoping to do a US Road Trip in September around New Mexico, California, Nevada area if I can get the money together by then!
  • Options
    Hmm...I hope you lot who have caned me in the past on the climate change threads are taking a long hard look in the mirror...

Nothing planned for me yet, might get over to France next month to catch up with some friends but I never really plan our holidays 'till nearer the date and see what's about and where we fancy.
  • Options
    March - Cheltenham Festival
    May - Bournemouth Stag do / Rhodes for the wedding
    August - Spain
    November - Las Vegas

oh and Swindon away for the weekend on feb 6th...if that counts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Hmm...I hope you lot who have caned me in the past on the climate change threads are taking a long hard look in the mirror...

Nothing planned for me yet, might get over to France next month to catch up with some friends but I never really plan our holidays 'till nearer the date and see what's about and where we fancy.

Get down The Maldives quick Bourneville, they reckon the island I'm going to won't be there in 8-10 years time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Get down The Maldives quick Bourneville, they reckon the island I'm going to won't be there in 8-10 years time!

like in lost where they had to move the island?
  • Options
    Might go to Germany and around Europe a bit, I've been meaning to do a trip to the WWI battlefields and then Eastern Europe for ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah he does - we're talking to : Coutts, Lloyds, Nat West and maybe Barclays - so fingers crossed one of them will come good so we can actually try and grow a little this year before killing myself too!

See you soon no doubt!
    S
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]March - Cheltenham Festival
    August - Spain
    November - Las Vegas

what a good list of holidays, im hoping to go vegas but unsure when. but was supposed to go vegas last year aswell! just everyone drops out :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Yeah he does - we're talking to : Coutts, Lloyds, Nat West and maybe Barclays - so fingers crossed one of them will come good so we can actually try and grow a little this year before killing myself too!

See you soon no doubt!
    S

When whispers go wrong Pt XXXVII...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]March - Cheltenham Festival
    August - Spain
    November - Las Vegas

what a good list of holidays, im hoping to go vegas but unsure when. but was supposed to go vegas last year aswell! just everyone drops out :-(

Yeah its just a shame i'll be skint the other 47 weeks of the year!
  • Options
    No hols planned bar 4 days in Helsinki at the end of this month for a friends wedding. Cant wait!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]No hols planned bar 4 days in Helsinki at the end of this month for a friends wedding. Cant wait!

make sure you pack the swimming cossie & flip flops for that one B
  • Options
    Planning usual week in Tenerife in April/May but having probs arranging around possible play off semis/final/Easter.....

Week with grandkids in Lyme Regis area in school summer hols.

Week in Tenerife again in October.

And yet to sort a weekend away in early Sept for our Ruby Anniversary....Probably Paris or Bruges.

Oh and 2 nights in Bath around the Swindon match.
  • Options
    A mate's little sister has got a place in Dublin and I'm going to visit her, I may be some time...
  • Options
    Majorca in May for a week

looking for somehwere different in August - thinking bout Sharm El Sheikh not been greece for a while so may well end up there
  • Options
    AMSTERDAM X 6