Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    Saw Dune last night. Really enjoyed it but there has to be a part 2 otherwise it ends as a little bit of a damp squib after a cracking first 2 hours. 

Was a 7pm showing at Bluewater but i think I clocked it at 7:38 before the film actually started. Absolutely ridiculous amount of ads shown beforehand 
    There is going to be a part 2 
  • Options
    Saw Dune last night. Really enjoyed it but there has to be a part 2 otherwise it ends as a little bit of a damp squib after a cracking first 2 hours. 

Was a 7pm showing at Bluewater but i think I clocked it at 7:38 before the film actually started. Absolutely ridiculous amount of ads shown beforehand 
    Haven't seen Dune yet, going to attempt the book first. This is to validate your observation about the trailers and adverts 

I expect about 15 minutes of this but when we went to the Bond film a few weeks ago it was 45 minutes of them which is excessive especially when you consider the length of the film too
  • Options
    Dune is tonight's film with a curry in front of the box.
  • Options
    Can it already be streamed? - Or are you planning on watching the original?
  • Options
    All ready to go, mate.
  • Options

I know Villeneuve is ready for it but has it been officially given the go ahead by the studio? Great news if it has 
  • Options
    Old is weird. 

Dialogue is awful and seems like its written by someone that has never spoken in English before. 
    It's quite terrible, but I think I enjoyed it more than any other film this year.
  • Options

I know Villeneuve is ready for it but has it been officially given the go ahead by the studio? Great news if it has 
    Not officially but there are some fairly strong rumours that it will be. 
  • Options
    Carter said:

Haven't seen Dune yet, going to attempt the book first. This is to validate your observation about the trailers and adverts 

I expect about 15 minutes of this but when we went to the Bond film a few weeks ago it was 45 minutes of them which is excessive especially when you consider the length of the film too
    It was the bit where it flashed up that it was now time for the feature showing which was then followed by another fecking 2 minute advert which got me. Like you, fully expect 15 minutes but this really was taking the piss. Don't mind watching the trailers but they only showed 3 of them as well!
  • Options

yep, they're planning on doing a 2nd (although they havent shot any of it yet!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All ready to go, mate.
    Is no time to die on there yet? I haven't looked.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Not officially but there are some fairly strong rumours that it will be. 
    "Speaking about Villeneuve’s space behemoth, Sarnoff said: “Will we have a sequel to Dune? If you watch the movie you see how it ends. I think you pretty much know the answer to that.”"

Quote from the CEO of Warner Bros - is say its fairly certain to happen but the when and how yet to be decided. 
  • Options
    Forgotten War on Netflix is superb 
  • Options
    Do you mean The Forgotten Battle? I couldn't find Forgotten War.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Yep! Sorry, god knows why I wrote War.
  • Options
    Was Dune better than the 1980s version by David Lynch? Sure hope so!
  • Options
    I stumbled upon Chaos Walking on Amazon one night this week. I wished I hadn't. Utter rubbish. 

I knew nothing about it before starting it but assumed, as a sci-fi i with a cast of Daisy Ridley, Tom Holland, but especially Mads Mikkelsen, it couldn't be that bad. How wrong I was.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Yep! Sorry, god knows why I wrote War.
    Thanks. Looking forward to checking it out.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of The Forgotten Battle, @ValleyGary  It is, as you said, superb. The fighting on the causeway is the most visceral battle sequence I've seen since the beach landing in Saving Private Ryan. But it's also a thoughtful and sobre movie about loyalty and courage.
  • Options
    Score one for Rotten Tomatoes. I was dragged to the cinema to see The Addams Family 2 this afternoon, despite seeing how terrible I was supposed to be. Well the critics got it right - this was utter garbage. The charactees were shallow and unfunny, the plot tiresome and nonsensical, and five minutes in, I found I didn't like anyone in it. My twelve year old daughter liked it, but I didn't hear single chuckle throughout.
    0/10
    Who says you're terrible?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

It was the bit where it flashed up that it was now time for the feature showing which was then followed by another fecking 2 minute advert which got me. Like you, fully expect 15 minutes but this really was taking the piss. Don't mind watching the trailers but they only showed 3 of them as well!
    I love seeing the trailers, even if they're for films I've no interest in seeing.  Three in 45mins is a very poor show.
  • Options
    I saw the latest Venom film with my kids - it was better than I expected.
  • Options
    Has Tom Hardy sorted that awful accent?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Has Tom Hardy sorted that awful accent?
    Not really - he's hardly a master of accents.
  • Options
    Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin - Anyone seen it yet? If so, is it worth it?

Thinking about watching it tonight. It's either that or Army of Thieves.
  • Options
    Whoever recommended the last battle. Great shout, very good film 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Agreed . I really liked it too. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Err, think it's The Forgotten Battle.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Err, think it's The Forgotten Battle.
    Thats the one, thank you auntie fanny
  • Options
    Last night in Soho tomorrow, looking forward to it…