Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• edited December 2021
    Went to see the latest Spider-Man today.

Great seeing the old characters back again, sadly found their involvement a bit cheesy at times.

Wasn't a fan of their overall story arc either - The Tom Holland storyline in general though was pretty decent, be interesting to see what direction his character takes going forward as sounds like he'll be renewing for a further three films.

e.g. Doc Ock is supposed to be one of his biggest foes, and wanted to see him slugging it out again with Spider-Man but found the redemptions a little bit too kum ba yah
  • Just watch the Ballad of Buster Scraggs.
    A Coen Brothers film.
    Don't think I need say anymore, you’ll either love it or go to bed within the first hour like my hubby 🤷‍♀️
  • Christmas is Cancelled - Amazon Prime 6/10
    Dad has a new woman in his life, its his daughters former friend from when she was younger who she didn't like. Its not bad, but wouldn't necessarily watch again, some light funny moments but easy and light hearted to watch. 
  • A French film on Netflix, Stuck Together, made me laugh a lot despite the fact (or maybe because) it's set in the Coronavirus Pandemic. Very funny.  Slightly cheesy ending but then who needs downbeat in these times?
  • Watched Three and Out on prime. McKenzie Crook, Colm Meaney and Gemma Arterton. Really enjoyable film, concerning a tube driver's plan to get a ten year pay off by arranging a third suicide in a month on his line.
    Much cheerier than my summary suggests!
  • Nadou said:
    A French film on Netflix, Stuck Together, made me laugh a lot despite the fact (or maybe because) it's set in the Coronavirus Pandemic. Very funny.  Slightly cheesy ending but then who needs downbeat in these times?
    I put on thinking it could be a bit like Saw, turned off after 10 minutes
  • Don't look up on Netflix. Hilarious and worrying in equal fashion!
  • Dont look up....

I shudder to think how much money was wasted making this absolute pile of shit.

1/10
  • Saw "The Forgotten Battle" a while back....very good film 7.5/10

"The Unforgiveable". Very good film, and Sandra Bullock was immense. 7.5/10

• TEL said:
    Dont look up....

1/10
    Obviously a Marmite film - I quite liked it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes a difference of opinion! It' works as an allegory of glob warming, satire on modern life and attitudes to science etc,.but it's at least 1/2 hr too long. But really enjoyed it
  • Turned it off. Fucking terrible.
  • Thought it was excellent. Yes a bit flabby in places but as a comment on how fckd we are in general, it’s spot on. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Yes a difference of opinion! It' works as an allegory of glob warming, satire on modern life and attitudes to science etc,.but it's at least 1/2 hr too long. But really enjoyed it
    Same.  Defo 20-30 mins too long but enjoyable.
  • TEL said:
    Dont look up....

1/10
    I liked it, very funny in places.
  • Anyone seen the Kings Man?

• edited December 2021
    I caught the new Spiderman yesterday. it was a great film after a slow start. I have to admit I'm having dificulty adjusting to the new Marvel line up, as I am in mourning for Tony Stark, the Black Widow and Captain America - that Avengers Endgame film was incredible, but also quite costly in the characters who left the genre. But Spiderman does a great job here, and while the reapearance of two previous Spidermen was a bit cheesey, the film had twists and turns and hights and lows to keep the attention. Very much one I would recommend. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Yes a difference of opinion! It' works as an allegory of glob warming, satire on modern life and attitudes to science etc,.but it's at least 1/2 hr too long. But really enjoyed it
    Exactly this.
    Did everyone have the same conversation at the end?
    I decided I’d scoop up all the animals into the goat shed & go with them. 
    Couldn’t think of a better way 😎
  • Not current but recent. Last Night in Soho is very good.
  • Another vote for Don't Look Up. My wife and me really enjoyed it. 

I agree it was 20 minutes too long. It's a great cast with some very strong characters. Loved the Cate Blanchette pee take of all those horrendous day time talk show hosts (tbf I'm mildly in love with Cate Blanchett full stop). The Jonah Hill character got some great lines and Mark Rylance's weirdness was good fun. I wonder if Elon Musk has seen it? 

I wasn't convinced by the whole Timotee Chalamet story at all though and they could easily have dropped that for me, but I suppose they wanted to drop in a hot, young actor for a different audience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw West Side Story last night. I’m not a huge musical fan, but I thought it was incredible. Assume it will do very well at the Oscars. 
  • Watched Promising Young Woman last night, enjoyed it, not quite as straightforward as I expected. Carey Mulligan very good indeed.
  • The Lost Daughter - hated it. Two hours non-story about a neurotic woman. Escapism it's not.
  • Chunes said:
    Watched The Last Duel last night. Had high expectations with the director (Ridley Scott) and cast (Adam Driver & Matt Damon) but parts of it grated. It's the same story told from three different people's point of view, but the differences in the POVs are only subtle, so you end up replaying the same scenes three times and with only very subtle differences, and it's incredibly dull to watch the same scenes over and over again. 

It does deal with some interesting themes and the performances are good. 
    Watched it tonight with no expectations. 

Enjoyed the triple viewpoints and a good film to watch.  
  • Guy Ritchies Wrath of Man, starring Jason Statham is now available on Prime. An entertaining watch, even if some of the scenes defy believe.
    Wasn’t convinced I’d like this but it’s a good watch.  
  • Another vote for Don't Look Up. My wife and me really enjoyed it. 

I agree it was 20 minutes too long. It's a great cast with some very strong characters. Loved the Cate Blanchette pee take of all those horrendous day time talk show hosts (tbf I'm mildly in love with Cate Blanchett full stop). The Jonah Hill character got some great lines and Mark Rylance's weirdness was good fun. I wonder if Elon Musk has seen it? 

I wasn't convinced by the whole Timotee Chalamet story at all though and they could easily have dropped that for me, but I suppose they wanted to drop in a hot, young actor for a different audience.
    Slightly too long but the cast saved it. 

• Watched Man on a Ledge for the first time in ages … still a good film despite knowing the twists. 
  • Red notice on Netflix.
    A good bit of fun and Ryan Reynolds character made me lol (proper out loud) several times 👍
  • Nadou said:
    The Lost Daughter - hated it. Two hours non-story about a neurotic woman. Escapism it's not.
    Spot on. Absolute pretentious shite of the first order !