Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    Went to see one Life for the 2nd time, last 10 minutes still gets me, film of the year so far for me.
  • Options
    Went to see one Life for the 2nd time, last 10 minutes still gets me, film of the year so far for me.
    It’s the 21st of January! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It’s the 21st of January! 
    Just seeing if you’re awake!

Seriously though, going fo take some beating.
  • Options
    Just watched Wonka . Absolutely loved it . So much better than the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp Abomination from 2005. 

Lots of lovely nods to the original , some great songs and it’s very funny . Especially Tom Davis 

9 out of 10 
  • Options
    Saw poor things last night. Thought it brilliant except for the ship scene being a bit longer than it needed to be (whilst looking fantastic, not sure that part of the story needed to be so long) Mark Ruffalo stole the show. 

Saw Clockwork Orange today at BFI southbank. Apart from the main fellas sinister face on the posters has no idea about what it was about except it was banned and violent for its time. Enjoyed it. More so for recognising Fred Elliot from one scene and realising he’s still alive. 

• Options
    The cinema or rather the movies that the western audience is fed is propaganda and really not worth either the expense or time. There ARE still some good films made in this age  but, from what I can see, nearly all come from countries that do not have woke promotion and "agendas" uppermost in their respective industries. 

Delighted to see Disney is finished. It is a truism " Go woke ~ and go broke". RIP Disney. 
    the fuck you rabbiting on about…

Sun reader alert*
  • Options
    edited January 22
    The cinema or rather the movies that the western audience is fed is propaganda and really not worth either the expense or time. There ARE still some good films made in this age  but, from what I can see, nearly all come from countries that do not have woke promotion and "agendas" uppermost in their respective industries. 

Delighted to see Disney is finished. It is a truism " Go woke ~ and go broke". RIP Disney. 
    Thank you for your kind and reasoned post. 
    PS Being ‘woke’ means being alert to swivel eyed loons these days, (as well as discrimination obvs). 
    Saw Ferrari last week and really enjoyed it. I like Adam Driver which helped, but Cruz is great too. Superb car sequences.
    Seeing The Holdovers on Weds after reading the reviews on here. 
    And Priscilla today, I think. 
  • Options
    Day 4 of Sundance been and gone
    Seen some good, some average, some poor and some plain daft.

Skywalkers - A Love Story
    My Old Ass
    Thelma  

My favoyrures so far.

Weirdest
    Sasquatch Sunset

I was captivated for 90 minutes but I'm not sure that was a good thing!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I caught the new (ish) Hunger Games yesterday, after my daughter insisted. I have to say  I thought it was excellent. It stands alone fine from the firsth three movies, so you don't need to see the others. Interesting, nicely paced and the characters were generally well done apart form the villainess who was a little overdone. And surprisingly left room for a debate in the car home about what exactly had happened in part 3. Well worth a watch.
    8/10
    Saw it with my daughter - much better than I expected.
  • Options
    Just watched Wonka . Absolutely loved it . So much better than the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp Abomination from 2005. 

Lots of lovely nods to the original , some great songs and it’s very funny . Especially Tom Davis 

9 out of 10 
    I’m off to see it this afternoon. I’m very excited.
    My fast lane is gathering pace 😎
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall over the weekend after me going in two footed on bad romantic comedies recently. It was my wife's choice she had never seen it which is miraculous in itself as it must have been shown upwards of 100,000 times on various ITV channels 

Anyway 9/10 

Thats how a romantic comedy should be, genuinely really funny, well observed, the dialogue is brilliant, the little bits that are easily missed are class. It has some very funny nudity that punctuate the film too. Paul Rudd and Kirstin Wiig among others play their cameos perfectly. And Mila Kunis launched a million mens hotel receptionist fantasies and plays her part really well with some quality comedic timing 
    Where is this on? Can't find it anywhere
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Carter said:
    Watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall over the weekend after me going in two footed on bad romantic comedies recently. It was my wife's choice she had never seen it which is miraculous in itself as it must have been shown upwards of 100,000 times on various ITV channels 

Anyway 9/10 

Thats how a romantic comedy should be, genuinely really funny, well observed, the dialogue is brilliant, the little bits that are easily missed are class. It has some very funny nudity that punctuate the film too. Paul Rudd and Kirstin Wiig among others play their cameos perfectly. And Mila Kunis launched a million mens hotel receptionist fantasies and plays her part really well with some quality comedic timing 
    Where is this on? Can't find it anywhere
    Prime I believe, though think it may be one you pay for on top of subscription.
  • Options
    Justwatch.com is a good website for finding where things are streaming 
  • Options

Sun reader alert*
    No, I don’t read the sun you weird little creature 
  • Options

Sun reader alert*
    No, I don’t read the sun you weird little creature 
    People seem to make wild assumptions about you on this forum!
  • Options
    Really keen to get out and watch Poor Things after reviews but not sure if I'll get the chance. 

Saw Red Rocket on Netflix last night. It's from 2021 but generally reviewed well. Thought it was decent but maybe a little overrated in my eyes. Worth a watch though
  • Options
    The Kitchen. Netflix

Some of the cast from Top boy, so I assumed it would be decent. Ian Wright in a strange cameo too. 

Don't bother......2/10

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor Things, Little Miss Idle's review:
    F***ing weird. Very good. It is VERY weird.

I'm not sure the money that went on her education was well spent. However, I trust her taste in films and will likely go and see it this week.

• Options
    Literally just out if Wonka.

Oh my god! My heart is full.

I bloody loved it ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
  • Options

And now you come crashing back down to earth on here .......
  • Options
    TEL said:
    The Kitchen. Netflix

Some of the cast from Top boy, so I assumed it would be decent. Ian Wright in a strange cameo too. 

Don't bother......2/10

Yeah I watched it last night. Had some good ideas but I don’t think it really came together. 
  • Options
    I watched Fast X and even considering that it's a really silly, comic book-esque franchise where cars have been driven in space or jumped across skyscrapers, it's still reasonable to finish that film and think, well that was utterly fucking stupid. The ending must have been some sort of prank on the audience. Must have been. It was that bad. I give it zero schmeckles out of 100.  
  • Options
    I just saw some of the nominations for the Razzies. One name stuck out. There is a film out there called Winnie the Pooh - blood and honey. I chased it and found a brief description saying 'Winnie and Piglet become feral and terrorise Christopher Robin and a group of women in a remote house'.
    Has anyone seen this? My younger daughter saw the trailer and said it looked too frightening to watch, but if it wins a Razzie, it must be even dafter than it sounds. Who thought that would make a good movie? It sounds like something a bunch of art students would dream up while smoking joints.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And now you come crashing back down to earth on here .......
    Lol 
    Honestly I’m still on a high from it.
    I loved reading the book as a child. Roald Dahl along side CS Lewis were my go to reads as a kid. So when I first saw Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory I was transfixed. I didn’t mind the Johnny Depp stuff but it didn’t give me the same feels.

Today was very different. I was in those recliner seats (OMG! 😳🤗) and all of it just took me back. I really don’t know why some say the songs weren’t memorable. I couldn’t wait to download the soundtrack. And all the way through every now and then a wee nod a small tune and it took you back to the original.

Then to top it all off.
    Huge Grant was the best Ompa Lumpa EVER!

I am the happiest Smudge of all time.

And I fully appreciate this will all come crashing down at full time at the Valley tomorrow night.
  • Options
    I just saw some of the nominations for the Razzies. One name stuck out. There is a film out there called Winnie the Pooh - blood and honey. I chased it and found a brief description saying 'Winnie and Piglet become feral and terrorise Christopher Robin and a group of women in a remote house'.
    Has anyone seen this? My younger daughter saw the trailer and said it looked too frightening to watch, but if it wins a Razzie, it must be even dafter than it sounds. Who thought that would make a good movie? It sounds like something a bunch of art students would dream up while smoking joints.
    It was slated by Mark Kermode but I haven't seen it myself. He does love a good horror film so make of that what you will.
  • Options
    A friend of mine financed the production.   It cost £15k to make.

It went viral.  Crazy viral.  Sold all over the world.   It's a bad film.   There's a sequel and a load of other public domain horrors coming, including Mickey Mouse.

A downside of my industry sadly is to milk the proverbial cow.  However sour the milk is.

It took over $2m at the box office....in Mexico!
  • Options
    The Kitchen

2/10 crap