Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

1277278279280281283»

Comments

• Options
    The Watchers… Horror / Sci Fi 6 out of 10. A good plot in theory, but doesn’t really work in the movie. Jumps around a bit, and has elements that you think are in the plot, but they go nowhere. A the end is a bit….. what… !
  • Options
    Salad said:
    TTSS - a case of the emperor's new clothes I thought - disappointing
    Saw this last night. Wasn't concentrating adequately and was totally lost by the end but what a cast!
  • Options
    Loved Under Paris. Cheered the sharks on and laughed in delight at the mayhem at the end. 
  • Options

Green Border - 7.5/10

In early 2021, Belarusian dictator, Alexander Lukashenko sought to provoke Europe and retaliate for sanctions by luring refugees to the Belarus/Polish border by falsely promising them easy passage into the EU. Ruthlessly turned back by the Polish border guards, the refugees became pawns in a brutal geopolitical and humanitarian crisis and struggled to survive in freezing conditions.

Agnieszka Holland’s drama about Europe’s migrant crisis could hardly be more topical, with the dehumanisation of refugees a key feature in anti-migrant rhetoric. It’s a very well crafted film with multiple, inter-related strands but I found it an extremely tough watch. It’s also a lengthy one at 152 minutes. An admirable piece of work but not a film that will be to everyone’s taste.

• Options
    The Truth vs Alex Jones is on Sky Documentaries. It follows the parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook massacre as they attempt to sue the denier Alex Jones in court. They talk about their experiences of the denial in the aftermath of losing their children, and the doc also covers the court case with footage from inside the court. It's a gripping watch and a grim portrayal of one of the most immoral public figures of modern times. 
  • Options
    Fall Guy
    Nearly gave up on it after the first hour. Was hoping for an easy watch but was really struggling. Definitely picked up and became enjoyable in the second hour but overall probably a 6/10

Copa 71
    'On BBC Iplayer for anyone interested. A documentary about the 1971 Women's World cup. A very interesting and quite unknown story. A story of the struggles faced by Women's football. Despite 110,000 people rocking up for the final, FIFA refused to recognise the tournament.
  • Options
    Anyone seen the, Bikeriders? Thinking of seeing it on Thursday?
  • Options
    edited June 25
    Yes. Quite good. A little long but a decent watch. 

Tom Hardy same sort of character as you’d expect. 
  • Options

I agree - I thought it was pretty good. Jodie Comer’s American accent is a bit odd but I can forgive her anything.

• Options

Thanks.

Yes, some actors become very predictable but is that them or how they are directed?