Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    Liked American Fiction a lot. Some very funny moments and a light touch re. the serious points made. It's on Amazon Prime. It won the Oscar for best adapted screenplay and I think should have won more.
  • Options
    Enjoyed The Holdovers.

Have 20 Days in Mauriapal recorded to watch this evening.
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Enjoyed The Holdovers.

I watched it last night. It's an incredibly grim but important documentary. I suspect many people won't see it out to the end because of it's content but i urge everyone to try.

9 out of 10

My review is below

https://boxd.it/61ZEGl
  • Options
    edited March 12
    As I mentioned the odd 'Winnie the Pooh - Blood and Honey' back in february, it seems fair to mention that the film did very well at the Razzies's snagging worst film,  worst director and two other prestigious awards. Rumour has it they are making a sequel this year.  I was also thrilled to find out it cost 100,000 quid to make and took in over 5m pounds in Mexico alone, so on a cost to profit take alone, there should be an unending chain of these coming along. Maybe they could spend a bit and make a half decent film at some point, or would that betray the ideals of Winnie and Blood?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    supaclive said:
    My Jermain Defoe film launched yesterday on Prime.

I hope you enjoy it!
    Curbs is in it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0CN6QV7TM/ref=atv_mv_hom_c_rFu618_awns_2_7?jic=8|EgRzdm9k

Saw Curbs in the trailer. Will have a look now I've got bloody covid again. 
    Jesus... I caught Covid again around the same time too... How are you feeling now?
    Hi Jessie. 3rd time around for me. This one like a heavy dose of normal flu apart from the fever induced bad dreams. A week in and still positive but feeling a bit better apart from the normal extreme fatigue.  Compared with the first time in March 2020 though, it's a stroll in the park. 

How are you? 
    I'm almost OK now but have developed an itchy throat with phlegm and been coughing for two days.😤 

Hope you'll get well soon.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    supaclive said:
    My Jermain Defoe film launched yesterday on Prime.

I hope you enjoy it!
    Curbs is in it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0CN6QV7TM/ref=atv_mv_hom_c_rFu618_awns_2_7?jic=8|EgRzdm9k

Saw Curbs in the trailer. Will have a look now I've got bloody covid again. 
    Jesus... I caught Covid again around the same time too... How are you feeling now?
    Hi Jessie. 3rd time around for me. This one like a heavy dose of normal flu apart from the fever induced bad dreams. A week in and still positive but feeling a bit better apart from the normal extreme fatigue.  Compared with the first time in March 2020 though, it's a stroll in the park. 

How are you? 
    I'm almost OK now but have developed an itchy throat with phlegm and been coughing for two days.😤 

Hope you'll get well soon.
    Yeah I'm at that stage too. Just tested negative, so might venture out for first time in 12 days. 

You too. Get well soon. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed The Holdovers.

20 Days in Mauriapal is one of the most horrific things I have ever watched. 

• Options
    Finally got round to watching Ferrari over the weekend. Thought it was awful. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed The Holdovers.

20 Days in Mauriapal is one of the most horrific things I have ever watched. 

I watched 20 days in Mauriapal last night, more out of a sense of duty and gratitude I'm not living through it. 

As you say, one of the most horrific things I have ever watched 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom, which is on BBC4 at 10:50 on Thursday, 14 March. An aspiring young singer longs to escape Bhutan and move to Australia to pursue a  career in music. Still having one long year left to complete his mandatory five-year government contract as a school teacher, he is not best pleased when his superiors order him to take a teaching post in the remote, isolated village of Lunana in the shadow of the Himalayas. Nor does an arduous eight-day hike to reach his destination and its lack of facilities when he arrives do anything to improve his mood. This unwelcome event nevertheless leads to a life changing experience.

A charming, uplifting and visually stunning film from the country that measures national productivity in a happiness index, Lunana went on to garner multiple awards worldwide and became the first Bhutanese film to be nominated for the Best International Feature Film at the 2022 Oscars. Well worth a watch.
    Enjoyed that, thanks @Blucher. Definitely put Bhutan on the map for me.
  • Options
    Argylle
    Well I had high hopes for this. 

Bryce Dallas-Howard, Bryan Cranston, Henry Caville, Samuel L Jackson, John Cena... A cast that should have been able to deliver a  mostly entertaining film.

Instead... Bag of shite. 2/5

Ricky Stanicky 
    Genuinely enjoyed this one. Thought it was silly funny in just the right way. Efron, Cena and the Ginger guy were all very funny. 

4/5
  • Options
    Our Son- 6.5/10

Went in with low expectations, as it got mixed reviews but always like to try different things. Nice little story about a gay couple in new york and them separating and issues it creates with there son. It was corny in parts and in some cases predictable, but you know what I kinda liked it.
  • Options
    Saw the new Ghostbusters last night. Hmmm. Was ok. Dan Akroyd and Ernie Hudson were good but I have no idea why they included Bill Murray - his appearance was pretty pointless. Suffice to say it is set up for another installment.
  • Options
    Saw the new Ghostbusters last night. Hmmm. Was ok. Dan Akroyd and Ernie Hudson were good but I have no idea why they included Bill Murray - his appearance was pretty pointless. Suffice to say it is set up for another installment.
    I agree. Harmless fun but not a classic. Timed for Easter holidays to get extra sales no doubt. 
  • Options
    American Fiction at Curzon Bloomsbury yesterday. Clever i thought, and funny. I always struggle with split timelines and there is one at the end but a friend helped me understand that! 8/10

£18 a ticket was too much and tempts me to get a Curzon membership for £65, with 5 free tickets included. And now found American Fiction is included in my Amazon Prime anyway!
  • Options
    Just saw "Wicked Little Letters" as my Wife wanted to go, but we are normally polar opposite in film Genres.
    I have to say it's a delightful film, very enjoyable,  and some laugh out loud moments.  Classic British Comedy and great acting .
    We saw this the other week, enjoyed it but weren't blown away. A decent film and good light entertainment, we thought it was about a 6/10. Can see how others might enjoy it more, and think it could be a staple at Christmas time or similar as an easy enjoyable watch.
  • Options
    Monster- 8/10

Fantastic film, nearly cried at the end. Very nice but also at times upsetting story, that you think is heading one way and then another. 
  • Options
    Not new new but new to me.
    Saw ‘Our Ladies’ on Film 4 last night.
    Blooming hilarious & a fabulous soundtrack 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched this as well,  reminded me of Derry Girls , but set in Scotland.  Really enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Seen a trailer for the new Amy Winehouse biopic, looks atrocious. 
  • Options
    I watched this as well,  reminded me of Derry Girls , but set in Scotland.  Really enjoyed it. 
    Exactly that 🤣
  • Options
    Rewatched Glengarry Glen Ross on ITVX last night. Mrs Idle didn't like it at all, but it was even better than I remembered. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Rewatched Glengarry Glen Ross on ITVX last night. Mrs Idle didn't like it at all, but it was even better than I remembered. 
    I’m with you .I Love that film . 
  • Options
    The beautiful game on Netflix - AWFUL 
    The script, the acting, the storyline, everything about it! Don’t bother 
  • Options
    Shag said:
    The beautiful game on Netflix - AWFUL 
    The script, the acting, the storyline, everything about it! Don’t bother 
    My wife enjoyed it … best I can say is that I watched it all the way through … won’t ever get a repeat viewing 
  • Options
    We watched it last night and thought it was great!! 
    I knew it wasn't going to be winning any oscars because I read the reviews. If your young kids love football they'll love this !
  • Options
    edited April 1
    UEAAddick said:
    Rewatched one of my favourite films yesterday at the bfi.

Passport to Pimlico.
    What a wonderful film. All the "Ealings" are still so good. My kids don't get them though lol.