Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Curtis - Your Memories of Bob (RIP)

Comments

• Options
    R I P Bob and once again thanks for all the great memories.
  • Options
    Some things stop and make you think. This is one of them. Great club man and a very good player. Importantly, however, a nice bloke too.....I spoke with him many times in the British Oak.
  • Options
    RIP

Condolences to his family.
  • Options
    RIP Bob and condolences to the family.

I too started watching Charlton during that 68/69 season when Bob was a fixture in the side.

I was disappointed with today's result but more sad to hear this news.
  • Options
    RIP Bob thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    Bob Curtis, total legend, devastating loss, supporters will certainly remember and mourn more than can be imagined by those who have a more recent relationship, and control, or the club.
    RIP Bob
  • Options
    As a previous posting in this thread state he is my favourite player in Battle for the Valley, so sad and a shame there was no minutes silence pre kick off, I know we do the annual mark of respect but thats fans not players surely?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Although I'm not old enough to have been able to see Bob play, anyone who has taken a moment out to study our great club's history will know that his name stands tall in the great Charlton family. RIP
  • Options
    the minutes applause is for players fans and officials.

We wore black arm bands and it was announced over the PA although without criticising bdl I thought more could have been made of it.
  • Options
    Really really sad to hear that news.
    At least he had recently heard how we felt about him.
    Bob Curtis RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really saddened to hear this today. RIP Bob.
  • Options
    RIP Bob you can join sam and the rest of the charlton legends in the sky for a kick about!
  • Options
    Bob Curtis... I was priveledged to have seen him play.
    RIP Bob.
  • Options
    God bless you.
    One of my Charlton heroes.
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Bob.

A proper Charlton player who gave years of good, loyal service to the Club.

I noticed the black armbands today and wondered who they were for. I heard no announcement. Very sad to read this.
  • Options
    RIP and thoughts for his family

There will be so many addicks from that period who will be feeling gutted tonight

A boyhood hero for so many
  • Options
    What a sad loss of one of my absolute heros and a true servant of our club.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Very sad about Bob. The issue of a minute's silence/applause is a vexed one because there will always be players who are at the margins of this, but it is completely and utterly bonkers that we have a minute's silence for the Macclesfield manager and former Stockport player one week but don't do that for one of our own.

I don't want to get political because this thread should be about Bob, but it's madness. Of course he should have had that mark of respect yesterday.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Airman said. I was chatting to Kevin Nolan before the game and he said exactly the same. Typical Charlton. RIP Bob. My thoughts are with your family.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Very sad about Bob. The issue of a minute's silence/applause is a vexed one because there will always be players who are at the margins of this, but it is completely and utterly bonkers that we have a minute's silence for the Macclesfield manager and former Stockport player one week but don't do that for one of our own.

I don't want to get political because this thread should be about Bob, but it's madness. Of course he should have had that mark of respect yesterday.
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]What Airman said. I was chatting to Kevin Nolan before the game and he said exactly the same. Typical Charlton. RIP Bob. My thoughts are with your family.

Perhaps it's got something to do with some of the decision makers having no affinity with OUR history. Very sad that we cannot honour a great servant of OUR Club in the right way. Doubt whether one or two of them has even heard of Bob let alone knew what a legend he was.
  • Options
    RIP

An announcement was made before kick off, however it may not have been heard that well, as the red red robin was still being played.
  • Options
    R.I.P. Bob

You were "SIMPLY THE BEST"
    Thoughts are with your family. The game was irrelevant today, as someone taken in this way makes you realise what’s really important in life.
    Thanks for the memories Bob you will never be forgotten .
  • Options
    Arms bands were not enough for this LEGEND. If we had more committed players in the team today well - need i say more

Come on Charlton get it right give the player the respect he deserves at the next home game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red Robin[/cite]Arms bands were not enough for this LEGEND. If we had more committed players in the team today well - need i say more

Come on Charlton get it right give the player the respect he deserves at the next home game.

Agree 100% RR, but is this the right thread ; )
  • Options
    Thoughts go out to the family

Bobs time was before mine but I remember a boy at school speak about him in awe like he was proper Charlton. (Local lad made good typestuff)

V sad.
  • Options
    For those who saw him play a picture comes immediately to mind as soon as his name is mentioned, be it a penalty, a tackle or one of those great passes he made when he was switched to mid-field. Thanks Bob, RIP.
  • Options
    Folks, on behalf of all my family I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. A minutes applause or silence is a mark of respect BUT the real respect comes from the comments you great people have posted. You will never know how much easier you have made coping with this knowing that he has left a lasting impression on all our lives. - I guess God needed a penalty taker and he picked the best!
  • Options
    RIP Bob Curtis, will always be remembered. Wright, Curtis, Kinsey ............. my first Charlton team and some great moments as a young lad stood at the front on the west terrace during my early days as an addick. Pity those left wingers playing against God's XI.