Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The most famous person you've ever met...

Comments

• Options
    Marvin Gaye is a good one, Large.

I've met Paul Weller and a few other musos, a few footballers including once getting Sam Bartram's autograph. I had a meal with Eddie Firmani recently as well.

For you intellectual types Brendan Behan was always round our house when I was a kid.

On the other end of the scale so was Cas Pennent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Can anyone beat HRH Queen Elizabeth?

Maybe the Duke of Edinburgh but what consenting adults do in private is up to them IMHO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Can anyone beat HRH Queen Elizabeth?

Maybe the Duke of Edinburgh but what consenting adults do in private is up to them IMHO

Very funny.
  • Options
    Joanna Lumley at the Oldie of the Year awards last week. Gave me her autograph, had a brief chat then a peck on the cheek before she had to go. Lovely, lovely lady.
    Also, many years ago at a concert at Blackheath Rugby club(summer of '67 I think), The Kinks and Georgie Fame.
  • Options
    Henry Irving, Afka Bartram, Wss, Mcs, Curb_it, GHE. Oggy. Top that : p
  • Options
    Had a chat with Sir Geoff Hurst at Butlins and Paul Gascoigne in a restaurant.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Marvin Gaye, was lucky enough to serve him whilst working at Lloyds Bank in Oxford Street. He was a very nice guy.

I bet he got frustrated with your slow service and said 'What's goin on?'

Henry, impressed with the Brendan Behan, I take it the old man liked a refreshment?
  • Options
    Jesus lives in our village.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Marvin Gaye, was lucky enough to serve him whilst working at Lloyds Bank in Oxford Street. He was a very nice guy.

Oh no he wasn't!!!!
  • Options
    Quite boring compared to you lot!

Mr C from the Shamen - he bought me champers when I was celebrating my birthday in his club.

Literally bumped into Paddy "Pantsdown" Ashdown outside the Houses of Parliament, he picked me up and said sorry :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Henry Irving, Afka Bartram, Wss, Mcs, Curb_it, GHE. Oggy. Top that : p

See you put them in order of importance : - )
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]

Henry, impressed with the Brendan Behan, I take it the old man liked a refreshment?

My mum and dad knew Brendan and his brother Brian and have loads of stories about how weird they were, especially Brian.

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Oh no he wasn't!!!!

No he wasn't was he but doubt if Large got dragged into his drugs and sado-masochistic lifestyle.

Although if he did that would explain a lot ; - )
  • Options
    Met quite a few politicians (from both sides of the divide ranging from Tony Benn to Norman Tebbit) during my former career. Also including, when she was PM, that old trout the then 'MrsThach'. It was at the wedding reception of the daughter of my boss at the time.

Much more pleasant was being introduced to Princess Diana at an event at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral.
  • Options
    Ray Liotta in New York. Was pretty surreal as it was a quiet street, we said hello and kept walking.

Also, Christine Bleakley (Lampards bird) gave me the eye and a smile in Victoria Station last year. Cant blame her.
  • Options
    as said last week bill clinton whilst he was president.
  • Options
    jesus and he was pissed as a fart,(robert powell met him in the piano bar in la manga nice guy loved a beer)+various footballers and actors ,gordon strachan wot atotal prick.
  • Options
    Chris Powell ... end of
  • Options
    Thanks to various Back To Valley do's I've met Sir Bobby Robson, Sir Geoff Hurst, Alan Ball and Sir Trevor Brooking to name a few. We had John Motson down at the Bromley branch as well.
  • Options
    Those who know me know in my former life I rubbed shoulders with many famous people who we worked for, paul whitehouse cat deeley robert pattinson dev patel clive anderson and many more through work I had fairly close friendships with justin lee collins ricky gervais hardeep singh kohli etc.. however in my view the most famous person I sat in an office with and had the pleasure to make a mug of coffee (black with a splash as he said) for was jonny depp. He came into meet paul and charlie to ask if he could appear on the fast show, he was a top bloke and gave everyone time and it was 30 mins I don't think I will ever forget, he probably has tho he he..
  • Options
    How you post a pic on here? was going to post my picture with jakki degg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yay worked out how to do it, here you go people

Testing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Edward Heath, Paddy Ashdown, Nigel Farage from politics

Archbishop Trevor Huddleston Anti-Apartheid campaigner

Paul Simon, Frankie Howerd, Leslie Crowther, Peter Glaze, Jim Davidson, Tony Haygarth, Roger Allam, Brian Moore from show business, TV and theatre.

Didn't meet him but exchanged correspondence with Spike Milligan some years back.

Gerald Davies, John Snow, Conrad Hunte, Brian Luckhurst, "Bunny" Austin, Stuart Storey, Geoff Capes, Judy Oakes, Don Thompson, Paul Nihill from sports other than football plus various other non-international or non-olympic but highly capable sports people.

Various football personalities both Charlton and non-Charlton.
  • Options
    Most famous person i have ever met is Mike Tyson. By accident really shopping in L A years ago but he was my favorite boxer at the time.
  • Options
    will smith not a nice man
    michael cane very nice
    richard branson very nice
    cilla black very nice
    dale winton very nice
    actress whos had baby called apple [cant remember her name} very nice
    grace jones nice
    nicholas lyndhurst very nice
    graham norton just had big row with boyfriend {not shure}
  • Options
    sat next to Ross Kemp at the Oval (Eng v Aus one day game), top bloke who was clearly drinking at a far slower pace than I was throughout the day !
  • Options
    Met M Thatcher but I was only nine. If I knew then what I know now it would have been more than bogies that me and my mates flicked at her.
  • Options
    Christ there are some amazing ones above

Jenson Button - Lovely bloke, actually came upto me and introduced himself at a launch of Evo magazine at the Adams club. No doubt he probably tells others on his F1 drivers forums that he met 'T'

Others include Robbie Williams who was throughly pleasent after my half cut work mate began yelling abuse at him accross a bar in LA. Leo Sayer and Steve Tyler (in the lift he wasn't making love at the time) in the Sunset Marquis hotel. Natalie Imbruglia was also very nice. Lots of z list models, minor pop stars and the great and the good of the videogames through work over the years.
  • Options
    Probably Gary Cooper though I was only seven or eight at the time and didn't really know who he was. Have met a few names when collecting/delivering cars though:including Eric Clapton, John Surtees,& Nick Mason.
  • Options
    Johnny, i thought you was born in 1987. If thats you, ya look about 45 mate! ;-)
  • Options
    Loads of musicians, actors, models etc through work. Most famous is probably David Bowie, at a 'secret gig' at Hanover Grand, goodness knows how many years ago...(altho for younger members it might be Mark Owen, whom I've been out with several times)...

Was introduced to Richard Branson at a party a few years ago by his PR girls...I had one on each arm, he turned round to me as I was introduced and simply said "which one of these two are you shagging?" (unfortunately neither).. and then invited us all to go to dinner with him....good times :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Johnny, i thought you was born in 1987. If thats you, ya look about 45 mate! ;-)

Thanks very much :o)

45 bit harsh, but has been said i look about 30.... hard life and all lol