Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona...a footballing masterclass

Comments

• Options
    I'm all for a bit of bias if it's on the side I'm on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Have to turn the volume down when i watch Barca play, so i dont have to listen to the ITV helmet commentator knocking one out. Deary me, everything is 'majestic' or 'out of this world'....for god sake man, it was a 10 yard pass!!
    Yes Barcelona are a great footballing side, but do the commentators really need to lick so much bum.

agree there, peter drury andclive tydlesleyare awful when it comes to arse licking (is that allowed!?) the big sides on itv

Listening to that ladyboy cream himself when utd play makes lose a part of my soul with every uneccessary superlative.

Sickening.
    I enjoy listening to him shoe-horning in THAT NIGHT IN BARCELONA.

To be fair, most football commentators are idiots employed to inform an audience mostly made up of idiots. Don't sweat it, turn the sound down and stick the Clash on.
  • Options
    Messi was absolutely ridiculous there. A hat-trick and he won a penalty.
  • Options
    Lionel Messi. An absolute genius!
  • Options
    Best player I've ever seen. I'm going to the Depor game on the 14th April. What's the bet he's injured or rested? :o)
  • Options
    in the programme on saturday nicky bailey professed to being more a real madrid than barcelona fan
  • Options
    I'll wear my FCB shirt with pride thank you MCS! Wherever I go on holiday I try and get a football shirt. I have FCB, Malmo FF, FC Copenhagen, Linz, 1860 Munich, Bangkok United, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Slavia and Sparta Prague, Marseilles and the Chinese National shirt off the top of my head.

Oh and as for Messi, he's an absolute joke! Last night was ridiculous. I seriously think we could be looking at the best ever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]How comes some people have a dig at Leroy for supporting Barca but no one says anything about MOG supporting East Stirlingshire?

The Camp Nou is the only ground I've been to which had a vibe about it, even when it was empty. I was in awe the entire time I was there.

Because Barcelona are a huge club that zillions of glory boys pin their pathetic little aspirations to rather tha following their local club (sound familiar?), East Sterlingshire are not. Barca are basically the Catalonian national team, no surprise that they have a good youth system - they have a whole country to choose from!

If I came from Barcelona I would support Espanyol, no question.

RedArmySE7 - you slipped up in Munich mate, got the underdogs shirt by accident... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]How comes some people have a dig at Leroy for supporting Barca but no one says anything about MOG supporting East Stirlingshire?

The Camp Nou is the only ground I've been to which had a vibe about it, even when it was empty. I was in awe the entire time I was there.

Because Barcelona are a huge club that zillions of glory boys pin their pathetic little aspirations to rather tha following their local club (sound familiar?), East Sterlingshire are not. Barca are basically the Catalonian national team, no surprise that they have a good youth system - they have a whole country to choose from!

If I came from Barcelona I would support Espanyol, no question.

RedArmySE7 - you slipped up in Munich mate, got the underdogs shirt by accident... ;-)
    So, by that rationale, you should support Gillingham, no? Seeing as Charlton have the pick of Kent youngsters? Don't talk sh*te - you'll not find a single Catalan who hates Barca - even Espanyol, Gimnastic and Lleida fans. That's largely because the club was a leading light in the Catalan resistance (such as it was) against Franco - which is also why they are 'mes que un club' to the people of the city. I've got roots in Barcelona, Sevilla and Valencia - but there's no way I'd ever support a 'Spanish' team other than Barca.
  • Options
    I wasn't actually having a dig at you Leroy, you have perfectly good reasons for folowing Barça, more at the aforementioned eejeets trailing around B&Q in their replica shirts to whom I was really referring.

BUT - as you bring it up, it was a Catalan Espanyol supporter I once took to Charlton that gave me my interest in them, and he certainly hated Barçelona - with a passion.

And being pedantic, Kent is a county, not a "country" - 1.5m population rather than 7.5M...

I am aware of Barças place in the history and politics of Spain, but to me, 35 years on from Franco's demise, they are just another fat-cat in the mold of Manure, Juve and Benfica. Sorry old chap, but that's the way I feel...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those are all fair points - apart from the obviously delusional Espanyol fan :)

Sticking them in the same bracket as ManYoo is a bit harsh though. Benfica I have no knowledge or interest in (know sod all about Portugese football) and Juve are still recovering from the match-fixing scandal (something you could never envisage Barca being tainted by)
  • Options
    I don't get Ibrahimovic...why did they buy him?

Everything breaks down when it gets to him, and thats aside from missing chances Izale McLeod would have difficulty fluffing.

*Cue Ibra hatrick*
  • Options
    I'm recording and watchng later - can't bear the itv spunkfest over messi, henry, xavi and co

yes they are great but tyldesleys voice really grips my poo
  • Options
    'It's rare you see a team battered 0-0'

What a friend said about the match so far
  • Options
    That first 20 minuted by Barca...wow. Sadly Ibra is having a 'mare against an English club once agiain.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]I don't get Ibrahimovic...why did they buy him?

It was the only way of getting Eto'o out.

They had a deal for Villa in place but after Eto'o snubbed the Man City move, they knew they'd have to incorporate him into any deal for a replacement.

Really, considering the absolute fortune the Barca/Inter deal was, they should have just slashed their asking price for Eto'o to sub £15m and there would've been takers left right and centre, then they could've taken Villa for the £35m they'd agreed.
  • Options
    what was the deal with eto and ibra? wasnt it eto plus about 40mil to Inter?

Criminal if so, Eto pisses all over this lump
  • Options
    66 Million Euros in total

46M in cash + Eto'o (20M) + Hleb on loan
  • Options
    Majority of the team is still Spanish, looking at the players available for the Spanish national team really is jaw dropping, especially when you think players like Fabregas are 5 or 6 down the pecking order in his position. The World Cup is theres to lose. I couldn't think of anyone from the England team that would start in the Spanish team.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The great thing is the way they have used their academy

Valdes
    Puyol
    Pique
    Xavi
    Iniesta
    Busquets
    Pedro
    Messi (brought him over at 13)
    Jeffren
    Bojan

If Iniesta was fit, they would all be in their eighteen tonight. Not to mention Le Arse's best player as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spanish champions, euro champions and world champions and on to repeat that this year.

Guardiola obviously knew what he was doing when he made that deal.

Kept harmony in the squad and have more than recouped that money. Whilst not as prolific as Eto perhaps, ibarahimovic is certainly no cart horse.

Now i know he's no Parky but the manager certainly doesnt seem to be suffering from the Eto deal ;-)
  • Options
    his next two won't be far coming...
  • Options
    As i was saying ;-)
  • Options
    Haha, typical! Good old Manuel!
  • Options
    one more and my job is done!
  • Options
    Theres the second. Absolute class finish.
  • Options
    E'twho?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    anyone else notice that runs for 1st and 2nd were identical...if that was Llera defending we'd be spewing!
  • Options
    Arsenal could do a lot worse than sign scott parker.

Never replaced vieira and i think hed fit in well
  • Options
    soft goal.....