Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona...a footballing masterclass

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Where is Gerrards best position? In the boxing ring?

His best performances this season have been a cracking few punches on a DJ and a good elbow on a fellow player the other week!

Haha too true. His best position is behind the striker in the role Rooney plays for England. But given Rooney has shown he is even better as the main striker, we should ditch Emile and put Rooney up top with Gerrard just off him.
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]A Superb game of football, too many games these days are negative or dull or lack real quality. This game was a privilige to watch perhaps one day Charlton will be involved in a game like that :-)

You just wait til we play Carlisle :)
  • Options
    spain choke at world cups,see it happening again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]spain choke at world cups,see it happening again.
    I make you right. Euros are a completely different kettle of fish to the World Cup. I expect Spain to go out in the quarters
  • Options
    was working with a bloke from galicia yesterday leroy,strange people .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    I make you right. Euros are a completely different kettle of fish to the World Cup. I expect Spain to go out in the quarters

Why is it a different kettle of fish?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]A Superb game of football, too many games these days are negative or dull or lack real quality. This game was a privilige to watch perhaps one day Charlton will be involved in a game like that :-)

You werent at orient away then? ;-)
  • Options
    How Arsenal got a draw from last night is amazing, outclassed, outpassed and only some poor finishing and a dodgy late pen saved them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]was working with a bloke from galicia yesterday leroy,strange people .
    Galicia.

Was he from Coruna? Most of them over here are. Unemployment there is horrendous - and has been for donkey's years. You'll find most of the Spanish who've been here for thirty-odd years are from Galicia (except the political refugees from Franco's day). They used to have a massive fishing industry, but that's collapsed - and most of the indigenous lot from the non-coastal areas are farmers, which has also suffered a lot. There's a huge drug problem in the big cities (Coruna and Vigo especially) because most of the kids there have f*** all to do, and no real prospect of it getting any better. Shame really, because it's a fascinating place - Santiago de Compostela and Coruna have some beautiful architecture, wonderful historic (and prehistoric) sites and the food is out of this world - second only to Valencian grub IMHO.
  • Options
    Messi or Maradona? Maradona for me, and with the best goal ever scored, against England. Barcelona should win the tournment based on that performance, all Barca players running their socks off for the entire game and being able to play the ball around with ease and not panicking. I would like to see Charlton players work as hard as that for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I think i read somewhere in this thread that David Villa is better than Wayne Rooney. Have a day off.

No you didn't. Don't tell porkies.

You read this sentence: "Rooney over Torres or Villa? I'm not sure, those three in my opinion are the best three centre forwards in the world, very very tough to pick two. It would be easy to ditch Villa for some, but look at his goals record for an often mediocre Valencia."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Messi or Maradona? Maradona for me, and with the best goal ever scored, against England

Too early to tell yet for me. The lad has a long way to go to match Maradona but has the potential to IMO. Best goal ever scored? No way and should have been taken out way before he got anywhere near our box...
  • Options
    I am a rubbish lier. My bad. Still think Rooney is better than both Spanish forwards...but can see why it is a difficult decision.

Back to last night, when the commentator announced the HT score when the players were walking off i wanted to throw my TV out the window....

''Arsenal nil....Barcelona..nil?!''

what a ****
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    Back to last night, when the commentator announced the HT score when the players were walking off i wanted to throw my TV out the window....

''Arsenal nil....Barcelona..nil?!''

what a ****

It was only what we were all thinking!
  • Options
    I know RR but the bloke is a tosser.
  • Options
    i will ask,they claim to be celts!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I think i read somewhere in this thread that David Villa is better than Wayne Rooney. Have a day off.

You read this sentence: "Rooney over Torres or Villa? I'm not sure, those three in my opinion are the best three centre forwards in the world, very very tough to pick two. It would be easy to ditch Villa for some, but look at his goals record for an often mediocre Valencia."
    Fair comment, but I'd take Villa out of those three to be fair. Not only has he not had the luxury of being at a top club, he's also got an international goals record that outstrips those pair - or indeed anyone else. 37 in 55 - more than double Torres ratio and 50% better than Rooney's. These are facts.

I suspect the views expressed on him have a lot more to do with the fact that he doesn't play in England than any rational analysis.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]

Fair comment, but I'd take Villa out of those three to be fair. Not only has he not had the luxury of being at a top club, he's also got an international goals record that outstrips those pair - or indeed anyone else. 37 in 55 - more than double Torres ratio and 50% better than Rooney's. These are facts.

I suspect the views expressed on him have a lot more to do with the fact that he doesn't play in England than any rational analysis.
    I suspect you're right. He is a born goalscorer - if he was playing for Real or Barca, he'd get forty a season.
  • Options
    I hope Barcelona tear Arsenal a new butthole in 2nd leg.
  • Options

Just like us then.
  • Options
    no we choke at all finals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]

I suspect you're right. He is a born goalscorer - if he was playing for Real or Barca, he'd get forty a season.

His record in the league for Valencia is:

(2005-)

158 Appearances 106 goals

In this time they have been beset with financial problems and managerial/squad turmoil and yo-yoed to:

3rd
    4th
    10th
    6th
    3rd*** current season

Mental record in the circumstances.
  • Options
    The bloke is a beast of a goalscorer. I'd love him at Barca (or Charlton - LOL!) but I'll bet any money he ends up at the Bernabeu this summer.
  • Options
    Seriously, is Messi for real?
  • Options
    Seriously, are the Arsenal defence for real? all terrible mistakes. Inter will stop Barca in the next round.
  • Options
    That's his fourth hat-trick this year and his third in about a month... The guy is an absolute joke.
  • Options
    What a first half performance......
  • Options
    The play acting of the Barcelona players is embarrasing, and the refs buying it everytime. Denilsons tackle was perfect. Arsenal defence is shocking.

Cant take anything away from the little sh*t tho....he is different gravy.
  • Options
    You do wonder why nobody in ref school's ever suggested looking at the direction of the ball before blowing up, it was a very obviously clean tackle. To be fair I didn't think he made much of it, he got hit at pace and rolled.

He's no *insert name of random not very good English player* though.
  • Options
    Nutmeg.JPG
    Cheerio goons
  • Options
    At it again in the Bernabeu

0-2 after 56 minutes... (unless Real come back and win Barca will have a better head to head record which means Real would need to get more points than them and couldn't rely on GD at all)