Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Fry and Nicky Forster Signed On Loan To End Of Season

Comments

• Hopefully Fry is for centre back as I'd be really worried about Youga otherwise.

Delighted with Forster though.
  • Well done Parky..........finally gets in a striker who knows where the goal is !

Forster's the man !
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.

I think you're in a minority of 1 there Ledge. We're a potless league one club and as someone posted earlier he's got 16 goals in 27 league and cup games at this level this season. Who would we have got that's better than that for free?

Ledge, you're not alone. Personally I'd have rather had nobody, what was wrong with playing Shelvey & Burton up top. That worked didn't it?

Ermmmmm Burton is out for 2-3 weeks.
  • Just have to create some chances now.. no point having a natural goal scorer if we can't provide him with chances. Mooney and forster up front Saturday I reckon mooney to be the legs and peter crouch role with forster the kevin philips poacher.
  • All these recent loan signings are because we have an injury crisis. The board have backed Parky. I think this will give us a boost for the run in.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.

I think you're in a minority of 1 there Ledge. We're a potless league one club and as someone posted earlier he's got 16 goals in 27 league and cup games at this level this season. Who would we have got that's better than that for free?

Ledge, you're not alone. Personally I'd have rather had nobody, what was wrong with playing Shelvey & Burton up top. That worked didn't it?

Burton's injured

Well then I'd have rather of seen another Charlton player take the role. Dickson & McLeod have both proven themselves as goalscorers at this level and have never had a run in the side. I don't think I've ever seen Fleetwood play, and whats wrong with taking a risk on someone like Tuna. We have plenty of options available to try, why waste money of creating another after the last two have proven to be disappointing?
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Just have to create some chances now.. no point having a natural goal scorer if we can't provide him with chances. Mooney and forster up front Saturday I reckon mooney to be the legs and peter crouch role with forster the kevin philips poacher.

Like the 16 we created on Saturday you mean? ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Another two loan signings. Another two nails in the promotion coffin. The worst thing the board ever did was give Phil Parkinson money to spend.

What money? It was Pardew who spent it all. Plus we can't make permanent signings in this window. Who would you have signed instead then?

Two good signings. Forster is a quality player and Parky knows him well so he should know how to play him and who is best suited to play with him. Just what we needed. Would have liked someone with a bit of pace but we could have just added some vital experience to our promotion push today.

Before we started making loan signings we were winning games. The board injected £10m into the club earlier this season, while we were on a good run and were sitting second, as soon as Parky starts spending it he proves how ineffectual he is as a manager.

Edit: I wouldn't sign anyone. I'd play the players we have already at the club.

What? and finish mid table after playing kids for the sake of it who aren't good enough yet. I think you'll find players we actually own have also been poor this season. Typical attitude of the negative fan of late: If it's all going wrong blame the loan signings.

I could be wrong but I think it was only £7m injected into the club earlier this season and that was to cover debts. Debts that previous managers had run up e.g Dowie and Pardew.

I'm quite happy for Parkinson to use the loan system if the players he signs are joining the club with a view to a permanent deal rather than just using us to come and get some games. Now, of the loan signings I would say all except Borrowdale would probably sign for the club permanently given a chance.

We did also use loan players under Curbs and some of them did OK didn't they? Neal Heaney, Jorge Costa....
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Great news about Forster. Let's hope there's a potential permanent deal clause in the loan deal...

he's out of contract at the end of the season..so if he does well...

Burton's injured

Well then I'd have rather of seen another Charlton player take the role. Dickson & McLeod have both proven themselves as goalscorers at this level and have never had a run in the side. I don't think I've ever seen Fleetwood play, and whats wrong with taking a risk on someone like Tuna. We have plenty of options available to try, why waste money of creating another after the last two have proven to be disappointing?

Do you have no concept of the injured player? McLeod is INJURED + on a season long loan without a recall. Ditto Fleetwood.

Clearly you are on a wind up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plus Dickson is s****
  • Forster has as many goals as Deon this season, Deon hasn't scored form open play since December either!

Seeing as our problems has been putting our chances away (and defending) Forster could be a massive difference maker in this run in.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok then, I'll come back when Forster's scored 10 and we've gained automatic promotion.
  • Shot in the arm of our promotion bid. Pleased with all our loan signings today.

Well done Parky.

Burton's injured

Yes, Dickson and McLeod have both proved themselves at this level. They've both proved to be useless!
    And Fleetwood can't even get on the Exeter bench at the moment.
    You'd rather we played Tuna than Forster? I just checked his stats, 51 goals in 107 starts for Brighton, and you'd rather play a youngster who can't even get in the Welling side. Unbelievable!!
  • Good signing with Forster, but wasn't he Brighton's top goalscorer? Why have they let him go?
  • Nicky Forster Stats from the Brighton Site for 2009/10

Competition Apps(as sub) Goals YellowCards RedCards
    League 23 (4) 13 2 0
    FA Cup 4 (1) 3 0 0
    League Cup 1 (0) 0 0 0

Apologies for the formatting
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Ok then, I'll come back when Forster's scored 10 and we've gained automatic promotion.

Yeah or you could come back when Fleetwood scores more than 5 goals this season or Dickson actually starts a game for a club in a relegation battle or maybe when Mcleod can last more than one day at a club without starting an argument with the manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Burton's injured

Yes, Dickson and McLeod have both proved themselves at this level. They've both proved to be useless!
    And Fleetwood can't even get on the Exeter bench at the moment.
    You'd rather we played Tuna than Forster? I just checked his stats, 51 goals in 107 starts for Brighton, and you'd rather play a youngster who can't even get in the Welling side. Unbelievable!!

McLeod, 54 goals in 116 games for MK Dons
    Dickson, 7 goals in 12 games for Gillingham

I just don't see how yet another batch loan signing is going to change our fortunes. I didn't two seasons ago when Pardew did the same thing, it won't now.
  • for MK Dons
    for Gillingham

For Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Youga and Basey are both out for the season so now we have Fry and Borrowdale for left defense. Burton has struggled since the turn of the year with his hernia and I think it's a brilliant decision to bring in Forster. We now have cover for all positions going into the final weeks.
  • edited March 2010
    Those stats were at the level we have fallen to now. If McLeod's out for the season that's fair enough. As for Dickson he's never had the change to string 3 starts together, what is the point in paying the guys wages to do nothing?
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Those stats were at the level we have fallen to now. If McLeod's out for the season that's fair enough. As for Dickson he's never had the change to string 3 starts together, what is the point in paying the guys wages to do nothing?

0 goals in 22 league appearances for Charlton, and the Gills loan spell was a while ago now. Surely a comparison of Forster's and Dicko's form this season is what should be taken into account.

And are we paying his wages whilst he's out on loan? Parky has said he can't be recalled til May 8th anyway.
  • Very happy with Forster, hope Fry proves to be useful cover. Reading some of these posts people love to be negative, very sad.
  • Actually, I think Mcleod and Dickson scored most of those goals in League Two. Dickson can't string 3 touches of the ball together or finish when one-on-one with a keeper - that is why he is no longer at the club. He has had enough chances. There is absolutely no argument - Nicky Forster is a better footballer and goalscorer than either of them and has more goals this season than both of them put together.
  • Dickson is proven nowhere but non-league.
  • why didn't warner get a sticky?
  • edited March 2010
    Jolly Robin - how about quoting some current stats to back your argument up instead of reeling off ones from yesteryear?

McLeod left MK Dons 3 years ago so who cares how many goals he scored for them, and most of his goals were in league 2 anyway. Plus he's injured at the moment!

Dickson has failed to impress with us, at Bristol rovers and now even Gillingham's manager is moaning about him. Yes he had a purple patch at Gillingham on loan but that was also 2-3 years ago.

Who cares that they scored goals 2-3 years ago, blimey next you'll be telling me Marcus Stewart and Michael Ricketts are good strikers because they scored a few goals in 2003!

Forster's CURRENT record is good, he's in form now, and he's better than what we have available.
  • Jolly Robin what are you on about!?worst thing was giving parky money!Give him and the board a break will you!You say you would rather play the players that are signed to the club!?What players are they?All the ones on the bloody treatment table?Stop looking for stupid excuses to have a go at parky were better off without your stupid comments!ive had enough of our supporters who are like you! These are quality signings and fair play parky, i for one take my hat off to you and the board!Now lets push on!

I really cant understand what goes through the mind of some of our supporters at times i really cant!
  • Mcleod played for MK Dons in league 2 - if you are going to quote stuff then please get it right. He has never proved himself at this level (well as a good player anyway!).

Dickson scored a few goals 2 years ago in a short spell, since then he has barely played and been discarded by us, Brissle Rovers & now likely Gills too.