Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Fry and Nicky Forster Signed On Loan To End Of Season

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: 1zamora[/cite]I’d imagine there is a call back clause in case our good form stops and we’re pulled back in a relegation fight in the next few months which is unlikely.

I'm sure I read somewhere that this isnt a loan deal, brighton have released him and we've signed him on a 2month deal.

Is this right, or am I totally imagining things?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I doubt its got anything to do with Parkinson playing politics and the very idea of coded messages makes me laugh. Its more to do with the directors realising our injury list is bad and its a last throw of the dice to get us up. I really hope it works.

B, were your messages 'coded' to the players flying out of Floyd Road after the Millwall debacle??

No, there was nothing coded about that!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: 1zamora[/cite]I’d imagine there is a call back clause in case our good form stops and we’re pulled back in a relegation fight in the next few months which is unlikely.[/quote]

I'm sure I read somewhere that this isnt a loan deal, brighton have released him and we've signed him on a 2month deal.

Is this right, or am I totally imagining things?[/quote]

warner has been signed on the two month contract.
    Forster's deal is a loan - don't know if Brighton have a clause to recall.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]since the first pardew champ campaign where he blew what remained of our 'wad' the board have been more interested in balancing the books than providing funds for a balanced squad. .[/quote]

I know it is not meant to be critisiscm, but I think this is harsh. Balancing the books is about keeping us on an even keel, what the board have been doing is keeping us out of administration, £7 million personal investment into the club this season is pretty good and better than just focussing on balancing the books. For them they have now coughed up more to try and drag us over the finishing line, when we looked to have run out of steam, as some one else said its a bit like when Jimmy melrose was brought in and fired us into the top flight.[/quote]

It isn't meant to be a criticism. In fact the more i think about it - it's a compliment. I'd like to add that i agree with pretty much every player/manager decision they have made since Pardew was fired. Whether a club has money or not it seems to me a board should be scrooge like until the manager proves himself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1zamora[/cite]I’d imagine there is a call back clause in case our good form stops and we’re pulled back in a relegation fight in the next few months which is unlikely.

Is this right, or am I totally imagining things?
    Don't think so, but it's a bit like Graham Stuart's loan to Norwich years ago just before he retired. Out of contract in the summer, not going to get a new deal at his main club, so whether he's on loan or not doesn't make much difference.

Same with Akpo I suppose, both could be playing for contracts next season and are unlikely to be part of the future at their main club, unless something changes.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]we desperately need a bash 'em and crash 'em striker.

I think a fully fit and confident Akpodje is that, as demonstrated by his 15 minute spell against Gills and 2nd half showing in the 9-man draw with Swindon. Trouble is he's always only 20 minutes away from the next niggly injury and he seems a bit conscious of that to me. He's not the greatest judge of a high ball either so mis-times his leep for flick-ons more often than he should. I guess thats the market we're shopping in right now though.

Given the lack of funds I'm glad Parky's chosen to get in poacher rather than a batering ram becuase I think there have been a few games where we've dropped points for want of man who'll anticipate that mis hit clearance, or whipped cross to the near post.

True, True. Forster is someone who I'd have liked all season. No doubt Parky's been a bit hamstrung when he can go for players, and who is available. We need more force and physical presence in central midfield as well. It's just a shame we lack a player apart from Burton who allows our midfield time to get to him, and thus relieve our ever too deep play.

The squad mix is wrong, but I'm not a fan who massively blames Parky for that. I can see there's been big problems for him all season in juggling finances. Equally the board have to be applauded for stumping up loan wages and costs, unfortunately Parky hasn't really changed our squads focus. But as said it's not an easy environment to work in, and someone whom I really like in Dave Mooney hasn't quite made the impact he should have in part due to the weaknesses mentioned above.

With regards to Warner we may have him on the cheap, as Hull probably paid up his contract or at least negotiated a settlement with him.
  • Options
    By the sound of the noises coming out of Brighton, Nicky Forster's burned his bridges there.
    He's not going back.

As we know, he's out of contract at Brighton anyway in the summer - but unless he was a free agent (which he wasn't, of course) he could only be signed on loan.

IMO, despite technically being a loan, this should be treated like a permanent signing.
  • Options
    I think we can also be thankful Brighton have won their last two matches. If they were still in a relegation battle I can't see any way they would have let Forster leave whatever the contract situation. That said and over the top optimism out of the way. I'm going to keep my feet on the ground and say these signings give us a chance of going up through the playoffs. I'm not even thinking about the automatic spot as our run in is so tough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]I think we can also be thankful Brighton have won their last two matches. If they were still in a relegation battle I can't see any way they would have let Forster leave whatever the contract situation. That said and over the top optimism out of the way. I'm going to keep my feet on the ground and say these signings give us a chance of going up through the playoffs. I'm not even thinking about the automatic spot as our run in is so tough.
    So in fact losing to Brighton has probably helped us get Forster...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]I think we can also be thankful Brighton have won their last two matches. If they were still in a relegation battle I can't see any way they would have let Forster leave whatever the contract situation. That said and over the top optimism out of the way. I'm going to keep my feet on the ground and say these signings give us a chance of going up through the playoffs. I'm not even thinking about the automatic spot as our run in is so tough.[/quote]
    So in fact losing to Brighton has probably helped us get Forster...[/quote]
    My brain hadn't even registered on that one. Spot on though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]I think we can also be thankful Brighton have won their last two matches. If they were still in a relegation battle I can't see any way they would have let Forster leave whatever the contract situation. That said and over the top optimism out of the way. I'm going to keep my feet on the ground and say these signings give us a chance of going up through the playoffs. I'm not even thinking about the automatic spot as our run in is so tough.
    So in fact losing to Brighton has probably helped us get Forster...
    My brain hadn't even registered on that one. Spot on though.

Maybe that was Parkys thinking when we played Millwall and was hoping to get Morrison?
  • Options
    Thing is Forster is playing for a contract here at another club he will care how well he does
  • Options
    Probably says a lot about where we are now but sod it, I'm really excited about the Forster signing. If he can stay injury free he could be the catalyst for a run to 2nd. Failing that, a Super Clive-type play off hero. No pressure then Nicky.....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Should we be in the play-offs, are Forster & Fry eligbile to play?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    Can't see why not. Loan players are allowed to play as long as their loan deal doesn't run out before.
  • Options
    Neil Heaney was on loan from Manchester City and played in our 98 Play Off final. I would imagine all the deals have Play Off involvement built into them otherwise there would be little point having signed them.
  • Options
    every year there are loan players disappointed because they weren't able to play in the play-offs; in this case we could theoretically have chosen to keep a lid on the loan costs to a minimum by ending them on the last day of the league programme.