Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Fry and Nicky Forster Signed On Loan To End Of Season

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Those stats were at the level we have fallen to now. If McLeod's out for the season that's fair enough. As for Dickson he's never had the change to string 3 starts together, what is the point in paying the guys wages to do nothing?[/quote]

McLeod was given opportunities early in the season. He took a few, but was no-where near good enough.

His best form for MkDonalds was in League 2. Several years & several serious injuries, & not forgetting several, serious attitude issues have passed, since those heady days for him.

Dickson has not proved the answer, & the reason he hasn't been given a huge run of games is that he hasn't been nearly good enough when he was. His golden spell at Gillingham is a distant memory now. He hasn't really developed since then.
    Plus, his wages will be in the hands of Gilliangham.

Forster is an excellent signing! Well done Parkinson!
  • * expects Jolly Robin to boo when Forster's name is read out at the Carlisle game *
  • I finally feel like we have a proven goalscorer at the club now!
    Hopefully if Forster can put a few in the net, it'll kick start the rest of our strikers to compete with him?? (I am the optimist ;D)
    Fry should provide decent cover at defence as people have been saying!

COME ON YOUR REDS! Push for that promotion! :)
  • I won't boo him. I never boo after games, I'm simply harking back to two years ago when we filled our side with loan signings and we plummeted out of the play-off places.
  • This means we'll soon have 2 players in the top scorers chart too get in there

League 1 top scorers
  • Jolly Robin your entitled to your opinion but you got this one completely wrong i tell you!Get off parkys back seriously fella!
  • Well done to the board, these three loan signings must really be stretching the old purse strings
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I won't boo him. I never boo after games, I'm simply harking back to two years ago when we filled our side with loan signings and we plummeted out of the play-off places.

So basically you don't like loan players.

The problem before hasn't been the fact that players were on loan, it's that they were rubbish at football. A loan player who is good at football is fine, eg. Kyel Reid. A loan player who is bad at football is not fine, eg. Danny Butterfield.
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I won't boo him. I never boo after games, I'm simply harking back to two years ago when we filled our side with loan signings and we plummeted out of the play-off places.

I think selling Andy Reid and signing Andy Gray probably had more to do with that. Plus, remember who the manager was.
  • I hope I am proved wrong come May, but don't say I didn't warn you.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I hope I am proved wrong come May, but don't say I didn't warn you.

So if we don't get promoted it's all Nicky Forster's fault. Get real.

Are you Acworth in disguise?!
  • No, not specifically Forster's fault. But I don't believe the loan signings in general will give us that great 'boost' that we all anticipate.
  • Hmmm. Will pass judgement on the players when I see them.

Performances start going tits up so the manager gets in loads of loans? I'm getting deja vu of 07/08....
    I look forward to being proven wrong.
  • Any of you gambling lifers out there, what price Forster to score the first goal on Saturday? Must be worth having a few quid on him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Karim Bagheri[/cite]Hmmm. Will pass judgement on the players when I see them.

Performances start going tits up so the manager gets in loads of loans? I'm getting deja vu of 07/08....
    I look forward to being proven wrong.
    They can't have less impact than you Karim!
  • Might just be the lift we need ?
  • Happy to see players come in to fill clear gaps. With Burton out and Akpo possibly not 100% we needed another striker. Forster has been there, done it and clearly he knows parky and parky know him.

Warner - good cover and though I'm not sure about Randolph I hope Warner is cover. Again we needed that cover for what could be another 12 games.

Fry - Know little about him but the defence has been poor and extra cover was needed.

6 loans but isn't there a rule about younger players not counting?

My concern is where is this money coming from. Not sure how much we are paying but still have to fork out an guestimated £2-3k pw each for Warner and Forster. West Ham might be paying Fry's wages but I doubt it and I'd think he's on more than £2-3k pw.

Maybe just a drop in the ocean or the straw that breaks the camel back?

Get promoted and it is money well spent. Stay down and it's another few five years season tickets money spent already.
  • We needed goalkeeping cover - we signed a keeper.
    We needed defensive cover - we signed a defender who can play CB and full back.
    We badly needed a goalscorer - we signed a goalscorer.

How anyone can knock that i don't know.

Sods law Forster will get injured on his debut!!
  • Difference to 2007/08 is, Pardew had a lot of players to pick from and chose loans over the players we had fit and available. Parky does not have this dilemma, all the loans except maybe Reid are direct replacements for injured players.

Regardless, Forster seems an excellent signing and think he may have another year in him so could be worth a deal at end of season.
  • burton and forster up front could give us hope in the play offs.mooney and sodje certainly didnt.now if parky can get the balance right we have half a chance sodje and dailly at the back .bailey and semedo thru the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's not even worth debating. There'd be someone moaning if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]It's not even worth debating. There'd be someone moaning if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan.

Rooney! why didn't we get Ronaldo instead?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]It's not even worth debating. There'd be someone moaning if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan.[/quote]

dont need any potato headed liabilities at this club!
  • Quality signing, and backups what we needs.. now my hopes Parky sticking players to their positions, players hitting some form and a late surge into 2nd. Forster then signing on a free. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]It's not even worth debating. There'd be someone moaning if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan.

He'd simply mess up the teams dynamic. I just can't see him fitting in.
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]It's not even worth debating. There'd be someone moaning if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan.

If only you had looked up the word irony in the dictionary

: - )
  • Chris from sidcup mentioned that sods law forster will get injured on his debut....he is probably right but that would be YET ANOTHER bit of bad luck for parky!But our thickle support will look through that!
    And yes i am sticking up for parky, i think considering the money thats been made available to him, has done a brilliant job!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]It's not even worth debating. There'd be someone moaning if we signed Wayne Rooney on loan.

Oh wow.
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]

Oh wow.

Good come back.
  • I was simply blown away by your intellect. Or am I confused by how you comprehend that I was poking a bit of fun at myself?