Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, May the 6th Tomorrow.......

Comments

• Options
    The Dow has just taken a 10% fall. Whoever wins tomorrow is going to regret getting out of bed.
  • Options
    "Bumble" just "twittered" me from the WI.
    I asked if he'd sent his postal vote and he said "No. A No is a vote IMO".
  • Options
    The monster raving looney party have the best policys of the lot of em...
    in all seriousness, gotta be lib dem...
    labour have been bollocks and david cameron is a complete bellend
  • Options
    Labour.
  • Options
    Hung Parliament according to Exit poll - Blues short by 19 seats...
  • Options
    how do exit polls work
  • Options
    Lib dems out of it now :/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how do exit polls work
    Just asking people who they voted for straight after the polls.

BBC did it in over 100 places around the country apparently.
  • Options
    This Tory on BBC now is the exact reason I can't relate to them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]This Tory on BBC now is the exact reason I can't relate to them

Put the alternative election on channel 4 on... quality xD
  • Options
    so if its hung another election is nigh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]so if its hung another election is nigh

With Labour ditching Brown and probably running the more telegenic David Milliband.....

If they do go for another election in the next 12 months there would probably be the lowest turnout of all time.
  • Options
    Will we have a tossing of the coin to decide who will be mp anywhere?
  • Options
    camerons job will be up for grabs if he cant win clear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]camerons job will be up for grabs if he cant win clear

Maybe, but I don't see anyone else that they have who could do any better than him apart from maybe Hague coming back.

Anyway, still early days and the Tories could still squeak a narrow win.
  • Options
    think this exit polls are wrong,libs will do far better
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]think this exit polls are wrong,libs will do far better

Yes, I would be amazed if they only got 59 seats, they must be looking at nearer 80 to 90 which will take more seats off the Tories.

Any coalition talks with hinge on PR - which the Tories hate - so could be a Lab/Lib pact with a new Labour leader, can't see how Brown can stay.

Still, its early days.
  • Options
    personally think there more likely to take them off labour,quite exciting this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]camerons job will be up for grabs if he cant win clear

If Cameron cannot beat what is basically a dead in the water Labour party led by one of the least liked politicians of his generation he'll have to go down as one of the worst Tory leaders in history surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes - i can't quote over a page but you said this:

"Valley Gary, I'm not sure spitting at someone is more disgusting than shouting at a group of asian kids, "how many of you are robbers then?". If I was there, I'd have hawked my lungs out and threw up in his face. Disgusting, intimidatory thug."

Are you sure? Let me ask you this, would you be more offended if someone called you a robber, or if someone spat in your face?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Chunes - i can't quote over a page but you said this:

"Valley Gary, I'm not sure spitting at someone is more disgusting than shouting at a group of asian kids, "how many of you are robbers then?". If I was there, I'd have hawked my lungs out and threw up in his face. Disgusting, intimidatory thug."

Are you sure? Let me ask you this, would you be more offended if someone called you a robber, or if someone spat in your face?

That's not really the point.

The point is the Asian lads were walking in and minding their own business and were provoked by the BNP people.

True, spitting at somebody is way out of order and is inexcusable, but to be racially abused for no reason whatsoever by a group of fascists is bound to create an aggressive response from people - particularly if they are a legitimate British citizen and consider themselves to be part of our country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Chunes - i can't quote over a page but you said this:

The point is the Asian lads were walking in and minding their own business and were provoked by the BNP people.

True, spitting at somebody is way out of order and is inexcusable, but to be racially abused for no reason whatsoever by a group of fascists is bound to create an aggressive response from people - particularly if they are a legitimate British citizen and consider themselves to be part of our country.

I'm not sure they were 'minding their own business', looked to me as though they wanted to start a fight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

I'm not sure they were 'minding their own business', looked to me as though they wanted to start a fight.

Is the correct answer. You can disagree with the BNP without canonising anyone who opposes them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]

Is the correct answer. You can disagree with the BNP without canonising anyone who opposes them.

Nobody is "canonising" anybody, that is a riduculous comment.

That video misses the first part of the exchange between the two groups, did the Asian lads start approaching the BNP lot or did the BNP lot provoke them into coming over with the "How many of you are robbers line?"

The spitting was way out of order but methinks that all concerned could be in strife with the old bill now that complaints have been lodged.
  • Options

That video misses the first part of the exchange between the two groups, did the Asian lads start approaching the BNP lot or did the BNP lot provoke them into coming over with the "How many of you are robbers line?"

The spitting was way out of order but methinks that all concerned could be in strife with the old bill now that complaints have been lodged.

Fair enough. My point was that there was no evidence that the Asian kids were 'walking by minding their own business' as had been originally stated by yourself.
  • Options

Fair enough. My point was that there was no evidence that the Asian kids were 'walking by minding their own business' as had been originally stated by yourself.

True, the first time I watched it I wasn't really paying attention but when I watched it again you could see that the video was inconclusive because it definitely missed the first part of the exchange.

I imagine that the camera-man saw it start to spark off and THEN started filming, so we don't get to see the incident start and thereby find out who started the incident.

That said, I would say from the video evidence that Mr. Bailey might be in trouble with the law as will the nice chap who spat at him.
  • Options

True, the first time I watched it I wasn't really paying attention but when I watched it again you could see that the video was inconclusive because it definitely missed the first part of the exchange.

I imagine that the camera-man saw it start to spark off and THEN started filming, so we don't get to see the incident start and thereby find out who started the incident.

That said, I would say from the video evidence that Mr. Bailey might be in trouble with the law as will the nice chap who spat at him.

Nothing will come of it, racially aggravated assualt is the only thing you could get to court for such a minor incident and the 'robbers' comment is ambigous. Anything after that isn't going to stick due to the spitting.
  • Options
    Chris, I find racism far more disgusting than spitting. And thats that. As for people saying the asian lads looked like they were up for a fight; you only see them after they've been called robbers, by which point of course they are. I trust the bbc, and they reported that the bnp called after the asian boys. Also, if you've read Griffins statement, well... quite simply... it reaks.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So... Nick Clegg for PM!!

Sounds unlikely? Labour almost certainly want shot of Brown (and maybe he wants out himself), but constitutionally he can't resign without ceding power to the Tories. If he resigns as Lab leader, he also resigns as PM, and Cameron is then asked to form the goverment. Obviously they don't want that.

So it would actually suit them to offer the Lib Dems a coalition with Clegg as PM ! (& maybe Brown as deputy PM). Once that goverment is in place Brown can resign/get pushed as Lab leader, Milliband takes over, and there's fresh elections in 6 months time.

BTW, the Metro badly misquotes Brown this morning, saying he's said he'll stay on as leader. What he said was it's his duty to PLAY HIS PART in forming a strong new goverment - NOT that he'll necessarily lead it.