Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs in the CL

Anyone really care? probably go out to a team of part time goat farmers anyway.

Comments

• Options
    I truly hate spurs fans. One bloke on facebook has posted: "BACK WHERE WE BELONG!". I'm pretty sure they've only qualified for it once, and that was in 1962.

Pretty much sums up my problem with them. For some reason they've always thought they were Barcelona on a prolonged bad run.
  • Options
    Not a lover of what City are doing to the game, in terms of throwing money around like it's going out of fashion, but given the choice I'd rather they had won than that lot from the Lane. Several reasons - no nothing, glory hunting, gobby, supporters coupled with seeing yet more of that beetroot faced barrow boy Harry on the tele next season...we'll at least only for a week or two hopefully. Fully expecting to see plenty of Spurs shirts on display down here tomorrow :-(
  • Options
    exaaaaaactly chunes and bournemouth addick
  • Options
    Didn't know what result I wanted tonight, but part of me is pleased that the 'project' that Man City Chief Exec Gary Cook is always banging on about has taken a knockback.

Also, Spurs did deserve to win.
  • Options
    TBH feel indifferent about Spurs. nice to see another team qualify for the Cl I suppose and better than City getting it. Spurs may have spent big but not as big as City so pleased to see them miss out.
  • Options
    I truly detest tottenham and hope they get absoutely shown up in the 'team that finishes fourth league'

I hate their fans, I hate the area, I hate the ground, I hate the manager, I hate everything about that stinking cesspit of north London.

Arsenal are crying because they finish 3rd. Tottenham spend a load more money (they have outspent Chelsea for the last couple of seasons) and celebrate coming 4th like winning a trophy. I hope all the divvy yids banging on about being back where they belong all tread on an upturned plug after stubbing their toes on a radiator pipe then falling hands first into dog shit. Rottweiler shit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I truly detest tottenham and hope they get absoutely shown up in the 'team that finishes fourth league'

I hate their fans, I hate the area, I hate the ground, I hate the manager, I hate everything about that stinking cesspit of north London.

Arsenal are crying because they finish 3rd. Tottenham spend a load more money (they have outspent Chelsea for the last couple of seasons) and celebrate coming 4th like winning a trophy. I hope all the divvy yids banging on about being back where they belong all tread on an upturned plug after stubbing their toes on a radiator pipe then falling hands first into dog shit. Rottweiler shit.

Don't think I can add anything to this Carter - 100% agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I truly detest tottenham and hope they get absoutely shown up in the 'team that finishes fourth league'

Can you imagine how mouthy the Spuds fans will be if they end up finishing 3rd instead of Arsenal. Somehow I think Mr Wenger might just put out his strongest team on Sunday but the question is what team will Fulham send. They got away with the Everton game but will 'arry boy kick off if he sees the likes of Zuberbulher and Dikgacoi playing.
  • Options
    Am on my own then? I really wanted Spurs to win. A few reasons really. Hubby is a fan but chooses to spend his money on a Charlton s/t. I used to love watching Spurs in the FA Cup. I have great memories of Dad & I glued to the television watching Hoddle, Ardiles & Vila (we used to be able to watch it together without fighting Bruv). I'm not a great fan of ol' dodgy Rednap but you have to admire his man management skills. Spurs were the better side last night no question. King was awesome, especially when his knees are knackered & so is his liver (alledgedly). Oh & i said they would. So i can also officially add 'i told you so'.

I would also love to see Wengers face if they pipped the Woolwich rejects to 3rd!!!!
  • Options
    What Carter said. Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cant stick Spurs fans. I actually think Tottenham have played some really good football this season and probably deserve to finish fourth. Just cant stand their supporters though.

Sitting watching the game last night and my gf turns to me and says ''You never see a good looking Tottenham fan''......so true. (although she hasnt been down the Valley yet).
  • Options
    Used to hate them when we were in the same league, but now dont mind them really - im glad they've done it, premier league football this season has been too predictable and spurs have had a good go at shaking things up - well done to them. They play some decent football too.
  • Options
    I honestly never realised i knew so many Spurs fans until i logged onto Facebook this morning, they're all at it.
    Hope they draw Lyon or Sevilla and go straight out in the qualifiers.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Am on my own then? I really wanted Spurs to win.[/quote]

I suspect you probably are.

What Carter said.
  • Options
    Personally do not care much for this whole circus set up that is the top tier of prem football.

As far removed from Charlton as sending a man to the moon, at this level it seems to be all about branding, money and demanding instant success!

If a week is a long time in Politics, it can be a 'career' in football the way it is going!
  • Options
    I think it's my fault for calling them 'Pointless' in a previous thread. It's come back to haunt me. However still maintain that original point of view they may be in the Champions League but it won't go anywhere...
  • Options
    & I must know the only good looking Spurs fan as my hubby is gorgeous :-D

I've always liked to be different!
  • Options
    lol...i only read your comment after i posted mine!

I was gonna apologise, but as he's a Spud i cant bring myself to do it ;-)
  • Options
    unfortunately now the halycon days of the early noughties when we could call them rivals and were beating them regularly are long gone (sound like Ooh Ahh!!), my antipathy towards them has disappeared

great to see them in the CL rather than the Scousers at the end of the day
  • Options
    KBslittlesis, you are not alone. My dad (being from Hackney) is a Spurs fan and therefore I agree with the family memories. Also can't stand the "big 4" bollox, anything that breaks that up is good (until of course Spurs/whoever become part of the big 4).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Can you imagine how mouthy the Spuds fans will be if they end up finishing 3rd instead of Arsenal. Somehow I think Mr Wenger might just put out his strongest team on Sunday but the question is what team will Fulham send. They got away with the Everton game but will 'arry boy kick off if he sees the likes of Zuberbulher and Dikgacoi playing.

The Premier League have just rejected Fulham's request to bring the Arsenal game forward by 24 hours. Think that just about answers the question about what sort of team Fulham will put out.
  • Options
    Is there an option to vote in HR as Prime Minister today? ;-)

I'll spare you all my thoughts. My head hurts, I feel sick, I need a bacon sandwich. How I'm managing to stay awake at my desk I dont know. Think I'm just here in spirit.
    Love you all...now go and bloody beat Millwall in the Play Off Final and make it a good summmer for all of us :-)

(PS) Hope Capello was watching last night. King AND Dawson have to go to the World Cup. Dodgy knee or not, an England game every 6 days...I'd play the pair of them at the back for England over Terry and Ferdinand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite] (PS) Hope Capello was watching last night. King AND Dawson have to go to the World Cup. Dodgy knee or not, an England game every 6 days...I'd play the pair of them at the back for England over Terry and Ferdinand.

I just said exactly that in the world cup squad thread. They have to be on the plane. Capello was there last night as well.
  • Options
    Good Luck to them the CL is too far above us for me to care too much but fair play to them they have done well and im soooo glad Liverpool are not in the CL and no fourth spot for them. At least spurs fans support a club close to their home unlike anfield were its just full of southerners.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I truly hate spurs fans. One bloke on facebook has posted: "BACK WHERE WE BELONG!". I'm pretty sure they've only qualified for it once, and that was in 1962.

Pretty much sums up my problem with them. For some reason they've always thought they were Barcelona on a prolonged bad run.

Prolonged as in 45 years long...lol...can't stand 99% of Spurs fans I know...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

Don't think I can add anything to this Carter - 100% agree.

me too...
  • Options
    Well done to Spurs on breaking the Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal monopoly of the CL places.

I'm still waiting to see how UEFA will fix it to allow Liverpool back in.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think most agree Spurs as a team are not too bad. They have exciting players and Defoe aside none of the players are overly abhorrent yet Spurs fans, those that call themselves Spurs fans yet have never been anywhere near WHL and think they're experts on all things Spurs and football just because they watch Spurs on Super Sunday once a month and update 99% of Facebook with over the top sycophantic nonsense everytime they win are the most totally clueless morons I've ever known. I agree with it being good for the game that they've broken the top 4 monopoly. Everton last did it and went out in the first round of both the CL and UEFA Cup. Just wish when an important game is won they would exercise just a tiny bit of humility? Facebook then reads like a Spurs 'supporters' page...
  • Options
    I think it's great. Spurs are a side that have been run on sound economic footing under Levy.... until 'Arry 'arrived. Still their debt is at manageable levels, and can quite clearly be maintained. Their wages to turnover is said to be at 54%, which is quite remarkable and not an accounting mirage such as West Ham's and Bolton's have been. Levy signs people on sensible contracts, and then only up's wages and length of contract when they've established themselves. So Modric ain't on the tens of thousands that say a nobody like Utaka is... imagine that a player who'd been one of the best performers of the Euro 2006-8 campaign/final signed on sensible wages whilst Utaka is signed on wages that rivalled Rooney's contract at the time.

It's possibly the last time that a prem team get's in to the champ under it's own steam without huge debts racked up by crazed money markets/Arab businessman. 'Arry will no doubt do his best to destabilise the club by pushing for wasteful signings, but hopefully Levy retains his influence on signing brilliant young talent like Berbatov, Modric and Bale. Some signings failed such as Dos Santos, Kaboul, Boateng and for me Zokora. But invariably they get a lorra of money back off of idiots like Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Yes North London fans are interminable. Sitting on trains, drinking in pubs around Whit Hart Lane - the good old abysmal Coolbury Club - are just full of the biggest scum you'll ever likely to meet. But it doesn't change for me that White Hart Lane is an awesome stadium full of atmospher and history, and it doesn't change that I love watching Spurs - apart from G Graham - free and attacking football. Even when we lost 5-1 at the Lane, I just loved watching Berbatov truning it on that day. Personally for me it's the best thing that has happened in the prem for many a year. By 'eck ain't it been a boring top league for the noughties?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What i want to know is will Chas and Dave get back together on the back of this?