Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    "Where's Steve Waggott" asked Airman Brown.

Well you could ask him by ringing his mobile or even at the meeting you've got with him at 6.00pm tonight.

Then again people could ask where the Club Development Manager is when everything is so busy at the Valley but to be fair you've already told us you are at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Then again people could ask where the Club Development Manager is when everything is so busy at the Valley but to be fair you've already told us you are at home.

You could equally ask why the Club Development Manager role is seen as a part-time job.
  • Options
    Ding Ding.
  • Options
    *gets pop corn, large coke, plumps up cushion*
  • Options
    BTW Waggot's email doesn't feature in the programme and I couldn't find it on the OS. Presumably he doesn't want to actually have to communicate with the hoi polloi. The v nice (in the circs) lady on the main switchboard did say that Mick Everett was the person who dealt with complaints. Was that incorrect?
  • Options
    Maybe Steve Waggott is at the toolbox getting his Huddersfield tickets ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Then again people could ask where the Club Development Manager is when everything is so busy at the Valley but to be fair you've already told us you are at home.

To be fair from the amount of info and help he's been giving on this site today it sounds like he's been working all day anyway.
  • Options
    Steve Waggott is currently held in a queue, but is being paid considerably more than 10p a minute
  • Options
    Mate of mine went and got our tickets this morning. Have just had another mate on the phone, who did not get tickets, and he has been to 14 away games this season!!!!!. They could easily had the same policy that they have employed for all the high demand games this season ie been to 4 away games and season ticket holder,could have had that today and then all season ticket holders from then on
  • Options
    *Popcorn, get ya popcorn*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Popcorn.gif
  • Options
    Steve Waggott got there about 1:15 see him arrive on the phone and actually said hello .
  • Options
    I've just returned from Belfast. Have been to 16 away games this season. Season ticket holder since 1974. Have spent a fortune today from my mobile trying to get through from Belfast airport. But still not got a ticket. I thought the club valued it's relationship with its loyal fans?
  • Options
    I think Charlton could learn a lot from Huddersfield, look at how their away tickets were allocated for Millwall for a similar number (2200 tickets).

Sunday 9th May - 10am until 4pm
    Tickets on sale to Season Ticket holders who are also Blue and White Foundation members, Patrons or have ticket stubs from eight away games. Please note that you can only buy one ticket per person.

Monday 10th May - 9am until 7pm
    Tickets on sale to Season Ticket holders.

Tuesday 11th May - 9am until 5pm
    Tickets on sale to Blue and White Foundation members, Patrons and those that have eight stubs from away games this season.

EIGHT away games required and ONE TICKET PER PERSON.
  • Options
    They did have an extra 3 days though remember...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They did have an extra 3 days though remember...

Who? Their fate was confirmed the same day as us
  • Options
    In terms of when the match is taking place. It's all about the logistics...
  • Options
    No away tickets for us. Only missed a total of 6 H&A games all season, 5 year season tickets purchased. Couldn't get through on phone until 10 minutes ago, thank you Mr Waggott.
  • Options
    I too couldn't get a ticket, having been to 75% of our away games this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

You could equally ask why the Club Development Manager role is seen as a part-time job.

Yes, a very valid question but does anyone know what the Club Development Manager actually does for the £500k pa he earns? Doesn't even write a column in the programme and I've never seen a photo of him smiling.

In seriousness, Rick does a lot, works from home, cares passionately and he doesn't earn £500k as I just made that figure up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great day today

In office at 7.30 worked till 9

Then redial redial redial till 11

Meeting/work till 4

Then redial redial redial to get my home ticket

5.01 ticket office shut

Im bored with moaning now, suffice to say Waggot is a cee u next tuesday and even getting caned by his own staff. Fooking joke club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]In terms of when the match is taking place. It's all about the logistics...

True but you could argue the other way that even with 3 extra days until their away leg, they still had priority sales in place for sunday, whereas we didn't get our arses in gear until today.
    We could have had priority sales in place yesterday and then on sale to every man and his dog today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]In terms of when the match is taking place. It's all about the logistics...

so it's all parky's fault then!
  • Options
    There are so many ways today could have been better.

10+ away games yesterday
    5+ away games 9.00-12.00
    season tickets and VG 1.00-5.00

NOT SHUTTING THE TICKET OFFICE AT 5.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]There are so many ways today could have been better.

10+ away games yesterday
    5+ away games 9.00-12.00
    season tickets and VG 1.00-5.00

NOT SHUTTING THE TICKET OFFICE AT 5.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst i agree with you on the ticket priority, you're a bit harsh about the time the office closes.
    All the away tickets are sold and there's a week until the home leg, so closing at 5pm really isn't the problem here.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcben[/cite]Steve Waggott got there about 1:15 see him arrive on the phone and actually said hello .

1.15pm?

I thought that he was working "24/7 with no let up" for the Club.

There are some very long standing supporters who have spent a lot of money supporting this Club who haven't got a ticket, mainly because of the poor way the sales have been organised. Surely a simple system could have been worked out yesterday to prioritise sales.

Still, I suppose if you're guaranteed a ticket by the Club why should you consider those less fortunate than you during your 24/7 working life? Great way to treat your most loyal customers.
  • Options
    I think the organisation and prioritisation for the selling of the away ticket sales has been an utter disgrace. I have been to every away game this season in the league and cups, but had an important final year university exam this morning. As a result i was unable to get to the Valley until 2pm and by then they had sold out. At least 1 day of priority should have been set aside to those who have attended the most away games this season. It seems my committment to the lcub by attending all away games, abd buying a 5 year season ticket are completely unvalued by the club.
  • Options
    Its a disgrace end of! I have been to eight away this season...most far flung Leeds, Huds. To not be able to get through on the phone is just a joke. It always happens with Charlton when they need us we are there and when we need them they are not!
  • Options
    It's a good point actually, Swindon had their away leg tickets on sale yesterday, why didn't we? I'm sure most people could spare an hour on a Sunday to make it to the ticket office rather than take time off this morning. The ticket office was open anyway and could of done the priorities then as suggested.
  • Options
    I agree with Ben that we should complain to the club about the ticket distribution today. Copy of my complaint below:

As someone who has been a season ticket holder since 1974, been to 39 games (16 away) this season, and seen Charlton at 112 different grounds I am appalled at the way the tickets for the Swindon away game have been sold.

Although I was in Belfast today I tried many times to get through to the ticket office from my mobile. I don't yet know how much this has cost me. Yet I didn't even get through to the ticket office, let alone get a ticket.

Charlton used to have a 'special' relationship with its loyal fan base. Over the years Alan Curbishley and several players and directors supported us in the formation of an Essex Branch by attending events that built support in Essex. Yet when it comes to the most important game of the season, the more loyal supporters have been afforded no priority for tickets. I had priority for games at Stockport and Huddersfield - but not the play off semi final.

The club were quick enough to sort out arrangements for the home leg - and credit for doing so. Why couldn't the club have asked those of us with 'away game history' whether we wanted to reserve away tickets as well?

Having supported the club for 47 years it has been hard to imagine life without Charlton at the centre of it. Your actions around the ticket situation has made me feel alienated and it is now easier to visualise the day when I'll be content to watch the highlights from my armchair rather than go to games - home or away.

Right now I am too angry to contemplate a play off final at Wembley, but I suggest that you get the prioritisation right for that one if we get there. We may get an increased allocation, but the best ones will go quickly. Some of us would want a choice of seats. Some of us feel we've earned it!