Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Is their any chance does anyone Know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any chance of an increased allocation?

I very much doubt it. Queues at Swindon are apparently 200 strong. Think they will sell out either today or tomorrow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any chance of an increased allocation?

doubt it.

Swindon will be expecting to sell them all to home fans but they go on general sale on Wednesday.
  • Options
    I went to the ticket office this morning and got my tickets after an hour in the queue, but this has been a very unsatisfactory system.

Today could have been for ST+VG only, and then ST's with a decent away history from Weds onwards.

All that I ask now, is that someone, somewhere is sitting down and making contingency plans for Wembley ticket sales in case the need arises. I know we would have a decent allocation, but we need some thought about what the priority criteria should be.

Fans forum / Supporters Club branches / target 40,000 - is anyone ever consulted for their views on sale priority ?

Imagine trekking to Oldham on Saturday, turning in for work on Monday, and by 2pm realising that you ain't going to Swindon away !

Can't be right can it ?
  • Options
    So, sold out. I live in deepest Essex and had no chance of getting to The Valley today. I also failed to get through to the rip-off ticket line despite numerous calls. I'm a season ticket holder who also spends a small fortune on a West Stand car park place. I've been to around half the away fixtures this year. But it seems all that counts for nothing. A real kick in the teeth. What idiot came up with this so-called allocation which was completely different from everything else that was done this year?
    You know what, according to the receptionist who answered the main switchboard telephone line none of the senior management, that is Waggott, Kavanagh or Everett were even in the building today. They just don't care do they? Oh, if I wish to make a complaint - I have to do it in writing. Well, I've paid out £1570 for next season now, but with this level of disrespect, I really think it's going to be my last year.
  • Options
    Maybe a Britain's got Talent competition would be fairer way of distributing the tickets??
  • Options
    I think we're all in agreement the way tickets were sold was ridiculous but unless enough people write to the club they won't do anything about it. It is quite frankly laughable that someone who went to every away game this season could not get a ticket but any S/T holder could've gone down to the Valley and bought one for a mate that had never been to a Charlton game in their life.
    People who didn't get one should write in or nothing will be done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I think we're all in agreement the way tickets were sold was ridiculous but unless enough people write to the club they won't do anything about it. It is quite frankly laughable that someone who went to every away game this season could not get a ticket but any S/T holder could've gone down to the Valley and bought one for a mate that had never been to a Charlton game in their life.

I've e-mailed Everett (copy to Kavanagh) highlighting that it's a formal complaint. But it's all too late isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I think we're all in agreement the way tickets were sold was ridiculous but unless enough people write to the club they won't do anything about it. It is quite frankly laughable that someone who went to every away game this season could not get a ticket but any S/T holder could've gone down to the Valley and bought one for a mate that had never been to a Charlton game in their life.

I've e-mailed Everett (copy to Kavanagh) highlighting that it's a formal complaint. But it's all too late isn't it?

For this game yes, but i'd expect (as i'm sure would you) some kind of priority system for a potential Wembley game.
  • Options
    very lucky to get mine,ringing all morning from work on my mobile gawd nows how much that cost with no luck.got to the ground at 1.00 and finally got to the front at 1.40 were the bloke behind the counter had the last few tickets in his hand.booked our train and hotel last night so very relieved to get some
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine if we were like Leeds and had this drama every away game ;-)
  • Options
    Regarding NWKA's situation for away tickets, we've had an agreement with "the Box Office" for years as suggested by the Club many moons ago. It's a long story but has its origins from the time that Wendy was associated with CASC and various Branches were allowed to run their own coaches to away matches ( well before Valley Express etc ) At the time, Maidstone had quite a large away following and I guess it made sense for Sue Townsend to book her own passengers etc.

However, when Trevor started coaches from East Kent (( originally under the CASC banner, then latterly as an independent organisation) it became evident that for the majority of away trips, he was starting out with half a dozen or so of his members based there and picking up OUR members en route at Gravesend, Bexleyheath & Dartford. Hence, most of his passengers were not E Kent people at all and this situation worstened when he started to sign up OUR members and obtain away tickets for all & sundry on the basis of ferrying a handful of E Kent fans ... When we brought this to the notice of the " Branches Co-ordinator" of the time and requested that we should be allowed to run coaches from the NWKent pick up areas, we were told "no" in no uncertain terms.

So, several Branches WERE obtaining away tickets for all who boarded their coach , regardless of where they lived, which Branch they were affiliated to and where they boarded the coach. Don't forget, these were the years when you had to be a member of CASC to travel on one of their coaches.....I'm guessing that, E Kent apart, these arrangements with certain Branches still apply although I'm certain only a few members of Maidstone & the Sussex Branches travel away regularly now....What NWKA were able to do for their members , and continue to do, is request tickets on their behalf, both home & away , to a specified limit. This is one of the advantages we advertise clearly on any publicity we send out etc & I believe I actually detailed this on a CL thread earlier in the season when it became evident that away allocations in Div 1 might mean difficulty for some in obtaining tickets from time to time.

Val is our ticket "lady" and I believe we regularly requested circa a dozen tickets for members per away match this season plus a few home tickets for those unable to purchase season tickets etc. However, for Gillingham & Millwall, I believe our numbers swelled and I cannot quote the numbers we "took" to those matches- certainly less than 50 though ! When Steve Waggott guested at our meeting last Wednesday we asked about the play off situation and he forwarded our email to Dave Archer. As a result, we have 30 tickets for our current members with a deadline of 10am tomorrow for requests...as of this minute, 22 have been "sold" - all to season ticket holders anyway . These will be colllected & issued to members in the next couple of days . I imagine that Maidstone & the 2 Sussex Branches of CASC will have a similar arrangement but with a minimum of 50 tickets for their members .....Any surplus will presumably be returned to the Valley for purchase according to the Club's policy....Airman ?

Hope that helps and it might be worth enquiring about membership to a Supporter Group for future such situations...but obviously not Bromley, Henry !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]

Knowing those two and them knowing your history - odds on you'll get to go.
  • Options
    I still cant get my home tickets but have away, dont care if i dont get my normal seat

But

What a fooking nightmare from the club all round. I understand people going on about the valley gold mob but people like me and the unc join that scheme for exactly these situations.

3 valley gold cancellations in the morning i think
  • Options
    Was just gonna post the valley gold point you make.
    we are consantly reminded about how important the youth academy is now, yet i cant think of a better way of deterring people from joining/carrying it on.
  • Options
    Even though I just got a ticket in the end, I was very close to being very pissed off at the club having travelled to Oldham and 7 other away games this season I nearly missed out.

Feel for those who have travelled all around the country more so than me this season and have missed out.

Everyone knows there should have been restrictions, so why wasn't there?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not sure if Mick Everett is the "Everett" described above, but his remit doesn't include tickets. He is responsible for things like stewarding and the stadium infrastructure, as well as liaising with the police.

I have more input on tickets than Mick, but I have no authority and as the club only employs me part-time it's inevitable that I am not there much of the time.

The structure, such as it is, puts all responsibility in the hands of Steve Waggott.
  • Options
    Got mine this morning from a mate who went down there at 8am before work. Dedication!

Just booked a nice little hotel called Jurys Inn, same style as your travelodge, premier inn etc. 3 of us in a family room for £13 each. Bargain.

Roll on friday!
  • Options
    No need for Day restictions.. What about half the day with VG and St members with more than a 5 away game history. Then the other half to season ticket holders for 2 days...then general sale..Would have made a lot more sense.

Either way, i luckily got 2 tickets, but in need of another 2.
  • Options
    Should have also added that all but 3 of those 22 have also travelled to away matches previously this season.

And 6 of us have an almost 100% attendance record .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Even though I just got a ticket in the end, I was very close to being very pissed off at the club having travelled to Oldham and 7 other away games this season I nearly missed out.

Feel for those who have travelled all around the country more so than me this season and have missed out.

Because there is no proper management structure, alongside inadequate infrastructure. Peter Varney would have led this process. Steve Waggott is where?
  • Options
    There's a Target 40,000 meeting at the Valley tonight where these issues will most likely be discussed.

Unfortunately I can't attend but if people wish to complain and/or make suggestions for how it can be done better/differently for other big games then email the Club Development staff
    Rick.everitt@cafc.co.uk wendy.perfect@cafc.co.uk or any of the other managers on the committee such as Stephen.kavanagh, Dave.Archer or steve.waggot (all @cafc.co.uk)

All the emails are on the OS in any case.

The Fans Forum will also be represented so you could email them also.
  • Options
    It amazes me how you get away with some of the things you say Airman but fair play to you!
  • Options
    Nice one, Henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Even though I just got a ticket in the end, I was very close to being very pissed off at the club having travelled to Oldham and 7 other away games this season I nearly missed out.

Because there is no proper management structure, alongside inadequate infrastructure. Peter Varney would have led this process. Steve Waggott is where?

Being the devils advocate, is the answer 'at home counting his money?'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It amazes me how you get away with some of the things you say Airman but fair play to you!

I was just thinking exactly the same having read post #321 !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It amazes me how you get away with some of the things you say Airman but fair play to you!

probably doesn't care plus it's not as if it isn't true. Good that he is prepared to stick his head above the papapet.
  • Options
    Airman - is the Valley Express running for the home leg?
  • Options
    Mate of mine works for BA and was in the air today from 9am until noon.

He has had a ST since 1976. (Despite only attending four home games due to work he has managed 11 away games this season)

He has been in Valley Gold since its inception.

He has just bought a 5 year season ticket (with a guarantee of priority away tickets)

He hasn't been able to get a ticket for Friday.

Something is wrong there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]There's a Target 40,000 meeting at the Valley tonight where these issues will most likely be discussed.

Unfortunately I can't attend but if people wish to complain and/or make suggestions for how it can be done better/differently for other big games then email the Club Development staff
    Rick.everitt@cafc.co.uk wendy.perfect@cafc.co.uk or any of the other managers on the committee such as Stephen.kavanagh, Dave.Archer or steve.waggot (all @cafc.co.uk)

All the emails are on the OS in any case.

The Fans Forum will also be represented so you could email them also.

If this is the way the club treat it's support, I think it's going to have to be renamed Target 4,000