Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Once these are gone by the way, and inevitably there will be spares knocking around with people buying for people they hadn't had a definite yes from and playing it safe, or people buying before they'd sorted time off work... can it be reminded on here that it's £16 a ticket and the old-fashioned way is face value and maybe a beer or two for someone's trouble... have seen it a few times on here this season, people trying to make an extra few quid and it aint right and have a feeling there could be some double mark-ups in circulation over the next few days. Touting is one of the most wretched things about modern football.

Whilst i agree with you in general, in some cases people might have spent £5/10/15 getting through to the ticket line so a bit on top might not be that out of order just this once.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I really don't envy your job Airmanifwe do get there andifit is Millwall... plenty of charlton as they did at the valley will no doubt help out their cushy millwall mates

Surely if both clubs got 40k tickets, Millwall fans would be able to get tickets in their own end?
  • Options
    12.45 on here Airman said 1,415
    12.20 website says 400 left.

This is like election night and seeing the seat totals on the BBC then flicking over to ITV and seeing completely different figures !

Did they find Addickted's 300-odd Wembley tickets in between 12.20 and 12.45 ???

:-)
  • Options
    As someone who has done that myself, fair point Chris, I should've taken that into account but I bet there's a few £40's knocking about as people will know some are desperate enough to bite... however I suppose you could argue whether you were buying one ticket or ten it's the same cost and hassle getting through
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Once these are gone by the way, and inevitably there will be spares knocking around with people buying for people they hadn't had a definite yes from and playing it safe, or people buying before they'd sorted time off work... can it be reminded on here that it's £16 a ticket and the old-fashioned way is face value and maybe a beer or two for someone's trouble... have seen it a few times on here this season, people trying to make an extra few quid and it aint right and have a feeling there could be some double mark-ups in circulation over the next few days. Touting is one of the most wretched things about modern football.

Whilst i agree with you in general, in some cases people might have spent £5/10/15 getting through to the ticket line so a bit on top might not be that out of order just this once.

Where were they phoning from, Timbuktu?
  • Options
    I'm sure you can get to the "lines are all busy" on 30 secs

as soon as the initial spiel is done just hit 4
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

10 p a minute, they cut you straight off if you aren't in the top 10, someone on here rang 100 times I think

I did about 60 times at something ludicrous like 25-40p/min
  • Options
    I get charged 20p from vodafone minimum for any calls to 0871 numbers. Must have racked up almost £10 so far without any luck :(
  • Options
    100 left according to the clubs Twitter feed
  • Options
    Looks like 2pm was pretty close to the mark then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

10 p a minute, they cut you straight off if you aren't in the top 10, someone on here rang 100 times I think

I did about 60 times at something ludicrous like 25-40p/min

Bloody hell, that's a pisstake ain't it? They charge booking fee & postage fee on top too?

Saying that, just checked our number, 0871 too through See Tickets, always got through easily in the past though.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    Just got off the phone from Carter. Sign up saying "100 tickets left".

About 50 people in the queue though.
  • Options
    £1 booking fee but by that stage I would've given them anything I owned

I think this is comfortably the worst phoneline experience at charlton...? Dunno about anyone else but Boro and Blackburn was a 15-20 minute job from memory
  • Options
    Airman,

Important question (as far as im concerned)

How is it decided how many the supporters clubs get and and when?

I have mates who just ring up their local supporters club and get there tickets. No check on number of games been to etc. People are looked after if you know what i mean. Would be interested to know how many of a 2k allocation, all the supporters clubs get??

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Do you not have another site you need to be on Sparrow - Got your Huddersfield tickets yet ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just got off the phone from Carter. Sign up saying 100 tickets left.

How far is he down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just got off the phone from Carter. Sign up saying 100 tickets left.

How far is he down?
    Number 51.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Do you not have another site you need to be on Sparrow - Got your Huddersfield tickets yet ?

Not yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Airman,

I have mates who just ring up their local supporters club and get there tickets. No check on number of games been to etc. People are looked after if you know what i mean. Would be interested to know how many of a 2k allocation, all the supporters clubs get??

Cheers.

There are three supporters' groups who regularly arrange tickets for away matches - Maidstone, Bexhill & Hastings and Worthing & Brighton. The arrangements were put in place to ensure they could run viable coaches, so they typically get 50 each. But it depends on availability. I believe NWK also ask for tickets on occasion, but I'll leave Jean Huelin to explain the basis for that if it's happened in this case.

You also have to factor in players' comps, directors, staff requests, etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just got off the phone from Carter. Sign up saying "100 tickets left".

Wouldn't want to be the person who gets to the window to be told "sorry mate, the person in front of you bought the last ticket"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SOLD OUT
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Carter just missed out luckily he has good mates who have already sorted him out.
  • Options
    do you think they will be able to give us more tickets due to high demand???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Airman,

Cheers.

Don't know about any others but Bromley Addicks gets none at all.

Lazy sods can get their own tickets, I'm not doing it for them ; - 0
  • Options
    Damn!
  • Options
    Cant even get through to get a home ticket and dont know my membership number! D'oh
  • Options
    sold out by 2pm and to think that originally it was going to be general sale too. Why anyone thought we wouldn't sell out I don't know. Someone needs shooting imo.
  • Options
    After phoning from 9am I finally got one!
  • Options
    Might try the Millenium suite then?
  • Options
    Any chance of an increased allocation?