Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup horns/vuvuzela

25 mins into the first game and they're already driving me crazy. anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    KsVJ7.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]25 mins into the first game and they're already driving me crazy. anyone else?

hadn't noticed them 'till you mentioned them ;-)
  • Options
    "Pointless annoying noise".............

Like "Milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"
  • Options
    We've got 4 in our office, the yoof are driving me mad too here with them !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"Pointless annoying noise".............

Like "Milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"

Knew someone would make the comparison!!
  • Options
    Love em......
  • Options
    ban 'em
  • Options
    I'm gonna get one for away games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I'm gonna get one for away games

Do they sell them in your catalouge?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I'm gonna get one for away games

Do they sell them in your catalouge?

Yes ofc, they sell everything, even planes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I brought a load back from Cape Town when I went in April. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
  • Options
    Might take one down the Camden tomorra night
  • Options
    They actually spoil the atmosphere in my opinion. You can't hear any singing or crowd noise. Just one long drone. Terrible
  • Options
    Not half as bad as having to listen to Adrian Childs !
  • Options
    It's gonna be a long world cup if we gotta listen to these tossing things all match long every match...christ.
  • Options
    Its the South African world cup ... they are South African, get used to it. Great game. Just count yuorself lucky you are not sitting there with one being blown in your ear.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]They actually spoil the atmosphere in my opinion. You can't hear any singing or crowd noise. Just one long drone. Terrible
    agreed 110% - a few is fine but en masse in such numbers they ruin the atmosphere - there's nothing to hear but continuous monotonous drone - hopefully this effect is only in the SA games.
  • Options
    I think they are great but only for this world cup

the idea of the world cup is that you join in the host nations hospitality and tradition.

so for me this world cup is going to be full of noise colour and crazyness and i love it

my mate is bringing me one back from there
  • Options
    As long as they drown out Clive Tyldesley I will love them
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if the 25k England can drown them out, burn them or in some way get their voice heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]agreed 110% - a few is fine but en masse in such numbers they ruin the atmosphere - there's nothing to hear but continuous monotonous drone - hopefully this effect is only in the SA games.

I disagree, I thought they sounded much better today in a larger stadium (with more numbers) than they did at the England game on Monday. At the England game it was like you could hear each one individually, and it sounded sh*t AND annoying. At least today there was some force behind them and it was not so annoying. Kinda like me singing on my own sounding rubbish but when at the football with 400 others, it sounding better.

Did anyone see the band on the news yesterday who make music with them? Had different notes and everything, amazing
  • Options
    Well said Allez. I like things like this to make World Cups memorable, in 30 years time when you see clips of goals and hear that noise you will automatically know it is SA 2010
  • Options
    HigHig
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Well said Allez. I like things like this to make World Cups memorable, in 30 years time when you see clips of goals and hear that noise you will automatically know it is SA 2010

Spot on, but this must not catch on for other nations, keep it for the SA world cup, dont want those things at world cup 2014 in wherever it is!
  • Options
    A caption at the bottom of the screen saying 2010 World Cup would be preferable on clips of goals in 30 years time rather than this racket!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]They actually spoil the atmosphere in my opinion. You can't hear any singing or crowd noise. Just one long drone. Terrible
    agreed 110% - a few is fine but en masse in such numbers they ruin the atmosphere - there's nothing to hear but continuous monotonous drone - hopefully this effect is only in the SA games.

They are annoying.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were only continuous during South Africa's games (will there be more than three?).
    But they are constant now during Uruguay - France.

How many people will turn the sound off on their TVs?
    How many casual views will turn their TVs off?

It's cute, in small doses.
    But this is the World Cup, where everything is overdone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]They actually spoil the atmosphere in my opinion. You can't hear any singing or crowd noise. Just one long drone. Terrible
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]They actually spoil the atmosphere in my opinion. You can't hear any singing or crowd noise. Just one long drone. Terrible

sadly not, all over the game thats on now - they are awful, please godthey don't catch on over here....not sure anyone sitting near me at the valley would be blowing one for very long!!!
  • Options
    some of you are flipping miserable

they are great i love it brings a whole differnt vibe to every game throughout the world cup its their noise their tradition and their world cup
  • Options
    I mentioned this to my wife during the first half. I think that with thousands of English or Dutch fans in the stadium they will sing the horns out. At least I hope so. Remember that French fans barely sing anyway - they've only got one song.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]some of you are flipping miserable

they are great i love it brings a whole differnt vibe to every game throughout the world cup its their noise their tradition and their world cup

I kind of understand this opinion but one thing I like about England games is us demonstrating our culture of singing - and singing a wide variety of songs - with passion. I think the competing nations should all be able to show their tradition - it isn't all for the host nation.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]some of you are flipping miserable

I kind of understand this opinion but one thing I like about England games is us demonstrating our culture of singing - and singing a wide variety of songs - with passion. I think the competing nations should all be able to show their tradition - it isn't all for the host nation.

Exactly.
    It isn't the South African Cup, it is the World Cup.

The South Africans can blow their horns all they want at their own games. And the supporters from Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria et all can make whatever noises they make, and that will add to the international flavour.

But if the vuvuzela's are played continuously throughout all 64 games, a lot of people will be going deaf. Or insane.