Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey agrees terms with Boro, passes medical on Monday (29/6)

Comments

• Options
    You say that like it's a bad thing?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Looks like the club are again selling our best players for under their market worth and minutes before the transfer window shuts.

Presumably the reason why it isn't yet a done deal is because the window hasn't yet opened, therefore he can't officially move for a few more days.

other Clubs have already signed players for fees, contracts can be signed to start on a future date.
  • Options
    Farewell my ginger prince.

Given Soundas's defensiveness of Nicky and the fact that their departures have almost coincided is there any mileage in looking at a Bruce Wayne/Batman situation?
  • Options
    I'm not knocking SoundAs but he told us Nicky didn't want to go whilst Nicky is now thanking RM for giving him the opportunity to move on.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    nah, i think he might be onto something there.

i can picture a Keyser Soze like moment; as he hit the add your comments button for the last time, thinking to himself 'good bye suckers!' and then got into a limo to take him off to middlesboro.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]nah, i think he might be onto something there.

i can picture a Keyser Soze like moment; as he hit the add your comments button for the last time, thinking to himself 'good bye suckers!' and then got into a limo to take him off to middlesboro.

Ha ha!

Nicky Bailey was always SoundAs a £.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The deal is done when the contract is signed and the money is in the bank, not before.

I am not so sure that the money is always in the bank, but I know what you mean.
  • Options
    Interesting that Murray is saying the deal is not done yet, considering that Bailey has already done his goodbye interview!
  • Options
    Deal is all done (subj to med), supposed to be confidential until 1st July (season ticket sales).

Somebody broke cover.

Bailey has said thank you and goodbye to Addicks fans.

It's over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    With all the talk of Bailey's impending departure there has yet to be any rumours about the likes of Semedo or Racon leaving. Lets hope it stays that way and we can start to build a team around the likes of Semedo and that our group of freebies will be able to mount a challenge for promotion.

If we can keep Racon and Semedo and the back 4 from last season (Richo, Dailly, Smodje & Youga) then we should at least remain solid and hard to beat and that will give us a platform to build on. If Parky can bring Racon out of himself a bit more and get him to take a bit more resposibility in games then we'll still have a decent midfield. I think automatic promotion will probably be beyond us, but with careful signing of freebies and loans (and perhaps a bit of cash on one striker if some can be scraped together) then we'll still be good enough to mount a good play-off push imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    If we can keep those players I agree we'd be fairly solid (without a huge injury crisis), but that means finding wide players and strikers that can create and score the goals needed. At the moment we basically have no one for those positions with Sam and Wagstaff out of contract and our senior strikers being Akpo, Fleetwood and McLeod (if you want to aim for the play-offs I mean). Ideally Akpo will be a squad player, at least one of those strikers will go and we'll bring in a couple of new strikers.
  • Options
    That's the position we were always going to be in though Scoh - at least with those players we know we'd be solid.

Like I say though - I think Racon's been written off too soon. We all know he's talented, especially by the standards of this division, it's just a case of getting him to try and take charge of games more often. Easier said than done, perhaps but even if we kept Bailey, we'd still be short of a creative outlet and Racon would still be our most talented midfielder from a technique perspective. He's only just turned 26 so he's not exactly an older statesman and may never have been given the resposibility of being the main man - in his time with us Bailey has usually been the focal point and driving force. Who knows, responsibility might bring the best out of him.

His little cameo against Swindon in the 2nd play-off leg showed what he can do if he's pushed forward and given a bit more freedom. I doubt he'd ever out score Bailey but I'd be willing to bet he'd bag more assists of he was played in a more advanced position and he's athletic enough to still do the box to box bit and get back to help Semedo defend. I've said before that his partnership with Semedo is a good one, they're on each others wavlength and I think if he was told to play with a bit more freedom he might really start to deliver.

I'd certainly rather give him another season, in a more attacking role, than sign from outside because we'd do very well to get a better technical player and a better foil for Semedo for the money we have to offer teams.
  • Options
    Think that's how we'll go, doubt we'll get a big offer for Racon, still got a lot to prove. Hopefully he will step up, he was signed as a (fairly) young promising player. Three years later he's got plenty of experience playing over here now. Any new signing will have to settle in, and like with strikers, it's not easy find reliable central midfielders on free transfers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    With all the talk of Bailey's impending departure there has yet to be any rumours about the likes of Semedo or Racon leaving. Lets hope it stays that way and we can start to build a team around the likes of Semedo and that our group of freebies will be able to mount a challenge for promotion.

If we can keep Racon and Semedo and the back 4 from last season (Richo, Dailly, Smodje & Youga) then we should at least remain solid and hard to beat and that will give us a platform to build on. If Parky can bring Racon out of himself a bit more and get him to take a bit more resposibility in games then we'll still have a decent midfield. I think automatic promotion will probably be beyond us, but with careful signing of freebies and loans (and perhaps a bit of cash on one striker if some can be scraped together) then we'll still be good enough to mount a good play-off push imo.

That a big IF. I think Racon may go, because he is on big wages. There are also rumours that Youga wants away & possibly even Sodje (mainly due to wages).
    There's no certainty at all that we will keep more than one or two, although I'm not saying that we won't.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    That a big IF. I think Racon may go, because he is on big wages. There are also rumours that Youga wants away & possibly even Sodje (mainly due to wages).
    There's no certainty at all that we will keep more than one or two, although I'm not saying that we won't.

I agree CE, but having sold (hopefully) Bailey and Shelvey for nearly £3m between them in recent months the prospects of being able to do it are surely a lot better. We can probably cope without Smodje - apart from the odd bad game Llera was generally pretty solid alongside Dailly and I actually quite like Basey if Youga goes, although we'd be very slow at the back. I do really hope we keep Dailly, Semedo and Racon though. All are very good players at this level and would be very hard to replace and I fear for us a bit tbh if we can't at least retain that solidity.
  • Options
    Racon has the potential to be a good central midfielder and last season was the season when we expected him to bloom, unfortunately he only did so in patches and what seemed to hold him back was his attitude and the feeling that he felt he was too good for this level. If he goes I won't be too upset,we can do without prima donnas. As for Kelly it would be a shame to lose him as he really came into his own before he got injured last season, back to and beyond his form on returning from scunny
  • Options
    OK, back to "proper" football.

When's the medical and when will be first rumour that he's failed it? : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]OK, back to "proper" football.

ask soundas;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]OK, back to "proper" football.

ask soundas;-(

I'll whisper him send him a text
  • Options
    Still no news.

I think they have found a problem and the deal is off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Still no news.

I think they have found a problem and the deal is off.

found his heart wasn't in it ?
  • Options
    Middlesbrough is closed on Mondays
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    he missed the Pen I mean Train
  • Options
    wonder what the hold-up is ? A late bid maybe, Celtic were tipped on Football Rumours yesterday to be making a last ditch attempt.
  • Options
    Wonder if its to do with the report you posted?

"GORDON Strachan wants to see new boy Nicky Bailey in training this week as Boro bid to dot the i's and cross the t's on the £1m transfer deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Wonder if its to do with the report you posted?

"GORDON Strachan wants to see new boy Nicky Bailey in training this week as Boro bid to dot the i's and cross the t's on the £1m transfer deal.

I think he means that he wants him to have joined for training this week as opposed to it reading as some sort of trial.
  • Options
    Security guard at my Tesco's Local who is a Boro fan says the deal is done Bailey deal will be announced by 5pm today. God knows who his source is I mean he works at Tesco it could be the ketchup the brown the fish sauce I mean just who could it be?
  • Options
    I think his departure will be the beginning of a lot of transfer - it will enable us to sort out the budgets, concrete up a few offers etc

Hope so anyway