Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey agrees terms with Boro, passes medical on Monday (29/6)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Fecking hell, what is so hard for people to get their heads around?

Bailey is more than likely to end up signing for Middlesbrough, however legally he is still a Charlton player, the documents have not been signed and not submitted to the FA.

The OS have not reported the deal as signed as it has not been signed.

Any fan dumb enough to buy a season ticket based on the fact that they will be seeing Bailey play at the Valley in a Charlton shirt need to take a long hard look at themselves.
  • Options
    Pedanticalness at its boring best ..........................
  • Options
    He's our latest "best player".... So he will be sold. sooner or later, waiting for the details be be announced officialy, is the boring bit.
  • Options
    What if he went there today and had a punch up with one of the players. Can 'Boro send him back?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    anyone care to give me odds on bailey signing for middlesbro?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]anyone care to give me odds on bailey signing for middlesbro?

There wouldn't be a bookie still in business, that would..
  • Options
    does anyone really care anymore
  • Options
    I doubt there is anyone on this board who thinks he won't be unveiled as a Boro player in the very near future. Just amazing that some posters seem to be more knowledgeable than both the Charton & Boro o/s. Be nice if they could inform us of the other deals which have been done but not confirmed yet, would be a better use of the last 4 pages.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There are obviously differences between, totally made up, gossip started by agents, rumours which are basically true, and annoucements on club sites.

The fact is the OS can not state anything as fact until it is fact and both clubs have agreed to publicise.

Its done, the OS will state it once its all totally, offically, completely done and registrations have changed.

Can we now hear from all those people who know Bailey personally and stated 100% that he would never ever move out of the South East?
  • Options
    Can we now hear from all those people who know Bailey personally and stated 100% that he would never ever move out of the South East? (Quote 160)

Mybe not, but I'm here to be shot at on the basis that I said I very much doubted that we'd get offered anywhere near to £1m if we received any offers at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somedo > Bailey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]Can we now hear from all those people who know Bailey personally and stated 100% that he would never ever move out of the South East? (Quote 160)

Mybe not, but I'm here to be shot at on the basis that I said I very much doubted that we'd get offered anywhere near to £1m if we received any offers at all.

well no official fee has been mentioned yet by either party so it will be interesting when the official announcement comes to see what it is although I suspect it may be 'undisclosed'
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited July 2010
    The fee received for Bailey will be what it is, wether is is disclosed or not does not really matter. I would prefer it to be undisclosed to be honest, it will stop silly speculation if we are unaware of the total transfer fee received.
  • Options
    The main thing is that they pay cash up front......and we can have an agreement to take their promising youngsters so *insert any directors name* can have a picture taken shaking hands on the pitch at the Riverside.
  • Options
    has this deal been confirmed or are boro getting a mortgage out to pay for him
  • Options
    Why is Bailey training at all? It's all very well saying that Insurance will cover any long term injury but I would have thought that, given our need for a cash injection, we would, a la Shelvey, have him wrapped up in cotton wool and "sent on holiday with his Mum" 'til all the legal paperwork had been completed.

Would that have not made some sort of sense?
  • Options
    Not sure if this has already been posted:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6227737,00.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Why is Bailey training at all? It's all very well saying that Insurance will cover any long term injury but I would have thought that, given our need for a cash injection, we would, a la Shelvey, have him wrapped up in cotton wool and "sent on holiday with his Mum" 'til all the legal paperwork had been completed.

Would that have not made some sort of sense?

What if the move breaks down?

We end up with an unfit player and the season about to start, besides I doubt he's doing anything more than keep fit training.
  • Options
    As Addick Addict stated surely what was the overridding factor for Shelvey...... in case he got injured, has to be the same as in Bailey's case, our most valuable player, and the much needed finance!

I assume that this is pretty much tied up, to let this situation happen!
  • Options
    BORO aim to complete a double swoop this week by rubber stamping the signing of Charlton Athletic livewire Nicky Bailey.

The £1m move has been held up because of delays in processing the paperwork.

Now Gordon Strachan hopes to have the 26-year-old midfielder in training at Rockliffe Park early this week.

With key personnel from both clubs due back from holiday today, the forms should be processed very quickly.

Bailey has been champing at the bit to get started and will have the chance to get to know his new team-mates over the next two weeks before jetting off with the squad for the two games in Ireland in mid-July.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]BORO aim to complete a double swoop this week by rubber stamping the signing of Charlton Athletic livewire Nicky Bailey.

The £1m move has been held up because of delays in processing the paperwork.

Now Gordon Strachan hopes to have the 26-year-old midfielder in training at Rockliffe Park early this week.

With key personnel from both clubs due back from holiday today, the forms should be processed very quickly.

Bailey has been champing at the bit to get started and will have the chance to get to know his new team-mates over the next two weeks before jetting off with the squad for the two games in Ireland in mid-July.

so only 1m now !! Good signing they made today in Kris Boyd.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough in training today, time for a game of Where's Wally Nicky?

0,,1~8874217,00.jpg
  • Options
    they all look about 16yrs old Sco
  • Options
    Excused training in the hot sun due to fair skin
  • Options
    http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20100705/fitness-comes-first-for-gordon-_70638_2084677

From there, doesn't look like it, doubt they have 20+ 16 year olds either.
  • Options
    Nothing on Charlton or Boro OSs

Has Sky jumped the gun again?