Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey agrees terms with Boro, passes medical on Monday (29/6)

Comments

• Options
    Are you ginger too, then?

That explains the 'Red' bit in your user name. If you are, I'd let you shag my wife.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Are you ginger too, then?

That explains the 'Red' bit in your user name. If you are, I'd let you shag my wife.
    Brilliant....

Got any nude pics...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Got any nude pics...?

No thanks, not of you anyway.
  • Options
    Sounds like its done but might not be finalised till next week :

Nicky can do a great job for us - Strachan

Jun 30 2010 Evening Gazette

GORDON Strachan today spoke of his delight at snapping up Charlton Athletic midfielder Nicky Bailey.

The transfer will not be completed until next week because of delays with the paperwork, but neither side expects to encounter major problems.

Boro boss Strachan said: “I have spoken to Nicky and his wife. He is looking forward to joining us.

“He’s had his medicals, now we have to wait until the paperwork is done.

“We have watched him at Charlton. I think he’s a good player for any league. He has got drive, determination and self motivation and he can score goals.”

The delay means that Bailey is unable to return to Teesside until everything has been completed and faxed to the FA.

Strachan is hoping that Bailey, pictured, will be able to start training with Boro by the middle of next week.
  • Options
    can someone lend Mr Murray a pen ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can someone lend Mr Murray a pen ?

weren't you abusing him for lying to us about the deal not being done?

Now when it seems he was right all along and the deal isn't done you're blaming him again.

Very strange.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Now when it seems he was right all along and the deal isn't done you're blaming him again.

Very strange.

abusing him ? when ? And c'mon the deal is done. What is the point in saying it isn't when it clearly is. Interviews with Strachen, Bailey etc and even pictures of Bailey training there. What is the point in not saying that a deal is agreed by all parties, a medical been passed and just the formalities of the paperwork to be signed. Instead we stick to 'a deal is yet to be completed'. Why ? In the hope that some fans may think he'll stay and we'll sell a few more season tickets ? I can understand the OS not speculating on deals BUT on this occasion it's done so say so. Anything else is just being pedantic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I can understand the OS not speculating on deals BUT on this occasion it's done so say so

Even if Celtic bid 2mill tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I can understand the OS not speculating on deals BUT on this occasion it's done so say so

Even if Celtic bid 2mill tomorrow?

if another Club were coming in they would have done so by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Very strange.

abusing him ? when ? And c'mon the deal is done. What is the point in saying it isn't when it clearly is. Interviews with Strachen, Bailey etc and even pictures of Bailey training there. What is the point in not saying that a deal is agreed by all parties, a medical been passed and just the formalities of the paperwork to be signed. Instead we stick to 'a deal is yet to be completed'. Why ? In the hope that some fans may think he'll stay and we'll sell a few more season tickets ? I can understand the OS not speculating on deals BUT on this occasion it's done so say so. Anything else is just being pedantic.

To quote you from previous page

"What a lot of old baloney...... Stop playing games, we are not stupid."

The deal may well be agreed but we don't even know that for sure.

What we do know is that the deal is most definitely NOT DONE yet.

You call it pedantic if you like but you wouldn't sell a house on a handshake; you'd want a signed contract. Same thing here.
  • Options
    hardly abuse is it Henry. We will have to agree to disagree on whether it's done or not.
  • Options
    Got to say Large, I think you're talking doo doo. If the deal was done, then the club would have announced it. It has been reported that nothing will be signed & sealed until Keith Lamb is back from holiday. The club in this instance, have done the right thing by keeping supporters updated by providing an update on the OS rather than just saying nothing, which they have been criticised for in the past. If Bailey slipped over & done his ligaments walking from his car to a Middlesboro estate agents then I can assure the deal would be very far from being done.
  • Options
    How do you know were not saying to Southend we only wanna give you 150K sign up to that and we'll put the deal through otherwise i'm afraid we can't afford to sell at that price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Got to say Large, I think you're talking doo doo. If the deal was done, then the club would have announced it. It has been reported that nothing will be signed & sealed until Keith Lamb is back from holiday. The club in this instance, have done the right thing by keeping supporters updated by providing an update on the OS rather than just saying nothing, which they have been criticised for in the past. If Bailey slipped over & done his ligaments walking from his car to a Middlesboro estate agents then I can assure the deal would be very far from being done.

The deal hasn't been completed but we're still letting Bailey start training up there which is what I find a bit strange. So what happens if Bailey gets injured before he completes a deal?
  • Options
    read what I said : 'What is the point in not saying that a deal is agreed by all parties, a medical been passed and just the formalities of the paperwork to be signed.'

The OS says that Middlesbrough are reporting that Nicky Bailey has passed a medical. Do we not know if that is the case ? If it is then say so. No reason why they can't say what I've said above. Instead it's Boro say this and Boro say that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite] If Bailey slipped over & done his ligaments walking from his car to a Middlesboro estate agents then I can assure the deal would be very far from being done.

so why are we letting him train with them then ? Same applies doesn't it ?
  • Options
    I think we can safely assume that when a players trains with a club that he's not contracted too & he gets injured while training, any A&H/liability cover would cover this.
  • Options
    can someone please change the title of this thread as it's not factually correct. He MAY have agreed terms and MAY have passed a medical but we don't officially know that for sure do we ?
  • Options
    Bailey passed his medical at Rockliffe Park yesterday and will sign in a £1.4m deal.

Strachan is determined not to discuss other potential signings, but outlined his reasons for recruiting a midfielder who scored 13 goals in League One last season.

“Bailey has had a medical and that will be him here,”

said Strachan, who remains keen on acquiring Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

“I spoke to him and his wife, but nobody could do the contract because Keith Lamb is in South Africa.

“He’s a good player. What you need is drive, character, self-motivation and he has got all of those. We need players that can play in any games that come up.”

Bailey is not allowed to train with Boro until either Charlton grant permission or his contract is signed.

Comprende!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We must have granted permission then I guess.
  • Options
    why would we do that ? Unless it's a done deal which according to Charlton it isn't.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you blowing through a vuvuzula ??
  • Options
    always moaning about something.

Just think Large,

Are the papers signed? NO.
    is it pretty much guarenteed? YES.

Are we and CAFC still some how unsure of what will happen next? Probably.
  • Options
    On a side note, I wonder if Boro have any decent youngsters they could loan us for the season.
  • Options
    They watched him alot last season. Gordon McQueen was at The Valley pretty much every week.
  • Options
    "What we do know is that the deal is most definitely NOT DONE yet."

Watch how the deal is "miraculously" done and announced on 1st July - just like they agreed some time ago.

As I said before - Bailey is gone, it's a mistake on our part but a financial reality.

So, we have to move on.
  • Options
    sorry, he is not gone - he hasn't signed for them yet and we havn't agreed a fee with them - otherwise it would be on the OS

so, I expect to see him at Sparrows Lane tomorrow with the other members of the squad

yes ?
  • Options
    agreed.