Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey agrees terms with Boro, passes medical on Monday (29/6)

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I think his departure will be the beginning of a lot of transfer - it will enable us to sort out the budgets, concrete up a few offers etc

Hope so anyway[/quote]

Not beofre time as we start pre season training in 2 days
  • Options
    3 a side kickabouts
  • Options
    Lets hope parky see's some of these funds. Why havn't other players out of contract signed extensions??
  • Options
    Got to laugh at the Mido situation as someone has commented on that article:

""I explained to Middlesbrough at a meeting two weeks ago that I have a year left on my contract and want to stay and help get them back into the top flight."

Roughly translated:

"My agent has been trying to sell me around Europe but nobody's interested because they all realise that I am a lazy, selfish, disruptive waster who has had 11 clubs in 10 years so I'm stuck here so I'll make some positive noises"
  • Options
    It will be offically announced when the deal is offically done, ie when the window opens.

The fact that Bailey is there training means that they have set him his summer training programme now, so it is all done except for the paperwork.

It's done in all but paperwork. This isn't unusual and doesn't mean there's any chance of it not happening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]It will be offically announced when the deal is offically done, ie when the window opens.

The fact that Bailey is there training means that they have set him his summer training programme now, so it is all done except for the paperwork.

It's done in all but paperwork. This isn't unusual and doesn't mean there's any chance of it not happening.

you don't have to wait until 1st July to sign someone, the window is already open.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=22868&headline=Charlton
    NICKY Bailey has passed his Middlesbrough medical and will sign for the Championship club later this week.

The deal can not go ahead until Boro chief executive Keith Lamb returns to the UK as his signature is needed to complete the paperwork on the £1.4million transfer.
    That would explain why it hasn't gone through yet.
  • Options
    SLP has confirmed he has passed medical now.
  • Options
    We'll miss his goal threat terribly, but the main benefit of this may be that Parky will deploy a left winger on the left wing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]SLP has confirmed he has passed medical now.
    http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20100629/addicks-skipper-passes-boro-medical-_70638_2080598?

And on the Boro website, with quotes from Strachan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    O/S Middlesbrough have reported that Charlton captain Nicky Bailey has passed a medical at the North-East club.

The 26-year-old midfielder, who hit 13 goals for the Addicks last season, discussed a deal to head to the Riverside Stadium last week, before undergoing a medical on Monday.

With Middlesbrough's first-team squad returning to training this week, Boro boss Gordon Strachan told the media that he expected the deal for Bailey to be completed in the near future.

"Nicky was here on Monday and has had his medical and that's all fine, so he should be signing for us soon," said Strachan. "That's great because he's got something we've needed for a long time. He's got drive, determination and motivation and he can score goals."

However, Charlton are keen to stress that the deal has yet to be finalised, and the official website will announce when it has been completed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]O/S However, Charlton are keen to stress that the deal has yet to be finalised, and the official website will announce when it has been completed.

yeah, we may pull out of the deal and tell Nicky he has got to stay. What a lot of old baloney. Why not say that we have agreed a deal, Nicky has passed his medical and wish him all the best. It's been the worst kept secret for the last two weeks and I'm sure we are all tired of it now. Just say he's gone and be done with, whether the money is in the bank today or Friday doesn't alter the fact he has gone. Stop playing games, we are not stupid.
  • Options
    I know Bailey's gone , I'm more concerned with the development today with Randy sneeking over the Scottish border to Motherwell.

I know Charlton do not like to disclose transfer details ,I'm hoping that when this is 'announced' on Thursday that there are some incomings as well as outgoings.

Only then will I start to panic.
  • Options
    Incomings wont happen Thursday

First day of training team have a 5 aside between themselves
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Incomings wont happen Thursday

except it'll be 4 a side
  • Options
    Im just concerned as I want the money in the account before they realise he's not good enough................
  • Options
    Nah - first day of training is 3 laps of Danson Park.
  • Options
    This was Gordon Strachan saying today, quoted from the Middlesbrough OS:
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]"Nicky was here on Monday and has had his medical and that's all fine, so he should be signing for us soon," said Strachan. "That's great because he's got something we've needed for a long time. He's got drive, determination and motivation and he can score goals."

This was, ahem, Oggy Red ......4 days ago, Post #40, on page 1 from this very thread:
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

......Middlesbrough would have done their homework, I'm sure. They would have had him watched, and be well aware of his strengths and weaknesses. - IMO his standout qualities are his drive, his determination and of course his goals.

Just the character a promotion chasing team wants to give them an edge. Surely that's what Strachan is buying Bailey for?

Blimey, almost word for word .... anybody require my mindreading services, a chief scout or just tomorrow's lottery numbers?
    Please call : 0871 226 1905 cost 10p per minute from a BT landline

* Money Back Guarantee *
  • Options
    Oggy is Gordon Strachan
    Soundasa£ is Nicky Bailey

What next......Nathan is actually Richard Murray?
  • Options
    I am not Dizzy Mcleod :ninja:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]This was Gordon Strachan saying today, quoted from the Middlesbrough OS:
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]"Nicky was here on Monday and has had his medical and that's all fine, so he should be signing for us soon," said Strachan. "That's great because he's got something we've needed for a long time.He's got drive, determination and motivation and he can score goals."
    Carrot top offers carrot top top carrot....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

except it'll be 4 a side

With one keeper!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

except it'll be 4 a side

With one keeper!

he can play a half for each side !!
  • Options
    This could be a bit naive but I wonder what would happen if Bailey broke his leg while training with Boro today?

Without Lamb's signature on the paperwork could/would they pull out of the deal?

Seems risky to let him train with them if the money's not in the CAFC bank account.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]This could be a bit naive but I wonder what would happen if Bailey broke his leg while training with Boro today?

Without Lamb's signature on the paperwork could/would they pull out of the deal?

Seems risky to let him train with them if the money's not in the CAFC bank account.

I doubt he's training with them. We wouldn't give permission for that very reason.
  • Options
    He's probably just running with the other players round the local park, if they've got one between the chemical works and boarded up council estates.

They won't kick a ball until next week - and then the ink will be dry and the fax already sent ........and Richard Murray will call an EGM to count the money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He's probably just running with the other players round the local park, if they've got one between the chemical works and boarded up council estates.

They won't kick a ball until next week - and then the ink will be dry and the fax already sent ........and Richard Murray will call an EGM to count the money.

according to Boro's OS they are kicking a ball already in training (interview with CH)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Incomings wont happen Thursday

First day of training team have a 5 aside between themselves[/quote]

except it'll be 4 a side[/quote]

With one keeper![/quote]

he can play a half for each side !![/quote]

They will play a variation of the old playground favourite 3 and in, split the players into teams of 4, one team defends, the other attacks. Once they have scored 3 then the teams switch. Now Baileys gone it could be a very long session...
  • Options
    Rumour has it the clun have asked for specila dispensation from the Football League next season - apparently Parky wants to play rush keeper.
  • Options
    Just been reported on 'North East Tonight' about the transfer, interview with Strachan and Bailey was kicking the ball about with the rest of the squad...

So it must be true, then...!!!