Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My biggest regret in life...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    No South Africa, she came back and I was seeing someone then she completely screwed with my head then left again. Haven't been with anyone since just waiting for that text but doubt it.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Just read your words from a while back oggster. Big shame about your daughter but Sounds like the boy's done good. Would love to be a shipwright! Presumably he's doing it in your neck of the woods in yokel country?

Many thanks, Boom.

My lad jacked it in (along with the big money) last year, got accepted at Uni without A levels, had to do a Foundation year which he passed with 70% mark and max credits. Last summer he qualified as a diving instructor.

I'm really proud of him!

• Options
    Not joining the Royal Marines, after failing athe medical when I was 15-16, I started training to get fitter, but then I discovered birds and lager and it fizzled out.
  • Options
    Gawd. As a friend of mine once said, "too many mistakes too long ago".

Just one question "Where has all the money gone?"!
  • Options
    Big, manly pat on the back to you Oggy, sounds like you've done a fantastic job of being a dad. I know how hard it is to be a parent and I've been lucky enough to have Mrs AUN by my side. To do so well under your circumstances merits huge admiration. You're an example of a 'real' man.
    And never lose hope of a reconciliation with your daughter. I didn't speak to my dad for nearly twenty years but then I realised life really is too short.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Not joining the Royal Marines, after failing athe medical when I was 15-16, I started training to get fitter, but then I discovered birds and lager and it fizzled out.

For me it was discovering weed and an emergence of a 'rebel without a cause' attitude at 17 that did it for me. Was all set for uni then BOOM screwed it all up. My preperation for an afternoon history A level exam was a two hour soak in the tub with a fxxk-off big spliff. Needless to say I failed all four A levels and the rest, as they say, is history :(
  • Options
    Getting into gambling. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    1. Emigrating to America
    2. My divorce (out of my control. She left me)

They're the big ones.
  • Options
    @ AddickUpNorth, thank you. Really appreciate your kind words.
  • Options

Big, manly pat on the back to you Oggy, sounds like you've done a fantastic job of being a dad. I know how hard it is to be a parent and I've been lucky enough to have Mrs AUN by my side. To do so well under your circumstances merits huge admiration. You're an example of a 'real' man.
    And never lose hope of a reconciliation with your daughter. I didn't speak to my dad for nearly twenty years but then I realised life really is too short.

My relationship with my dad has been pretty much tarnished for many years. I lost respect for him for the way he left my mum and then went on to make some pretty big mistakes which hurt a lot of people.