Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******-The 2010/11 Football Betting thread-*******

Comments

• Options
    oldham
    southampton
    huddersfield
    carlisle
    4 home wins pays just over 10/1 on betfair.

also
    lee martin 1st goalscorer @ 14's (bluesq) looks overpriced.
  • Options
    MK Dons
    Southampton
    Chesterfield
    Crawley
    4 home wins

1 acc and 7 x 6 folds on the above four plus

Peterborough
    Mansfield
    Sheff Wed
  • Options
    £10 acc

Peterboro
    Chesterfield
    Darlington
    AFC Wimbledon
    Mansfield
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]oldham
    southampton
    huddersfield
    carlisle

also

i couldnt back southampton! i had tenner on rochdale, great value at 6/1
  • Options
    Looking good for your £60
  • Options
    southampton
    huddersfield
    carlisle

also

'kin useless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]
    southampton
    huddersfield
    carlisle

also

i couldnt back southampton! i had tenner on rochdale, great value at 6/1

Easiest £70 ive ever won, thanks
  • Options
    I got my mate to lay dagenham against orient on his betfair for me , after listening to our wise fans who said how bad the daggers were
    And I laid exeter to beat charlton cos I got sucked into thinking we aren't pony
    I'm shit
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    southampton
    huddersfield
    carlisle

'kin useless.

Ha ha that's one of the worst accumulators ever. Not a single one of your choices won!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New to this Charltonlife thread but when the words betting came up i thought i would join in. Look for the bargains i agree with C/A/F/C i also had money on Rochdale with Southampton in such dissmal form atm! But Its the value in the bets you dont see as much i like doing atm, and lumping on one thing around evens. For example Scotland vs Leichenstein, i didnt see where Scotland was going to get the goals from but i couldnt see them losing. On ladbrokes they where doing a Leichenstein +3 goal head start for 10/11! Easy money. Had quite a few winners on the football so far this season. Will post my choices for Saturday soon, and see if i can help some fellow Charlon fans win a few bob ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barr_Cafc[/cite]New to this Charltonlife thread but when the words betting came up i thought i would join in. Look for the bargains i agree with C/A/F/C i also had money on Rochdale with Southampton in such dissmal form atm! But Its the value in the bets you dont see as much i like doing atm, and lumping on one thing around evens. For example Scotland vs Leichenstein, i didnt see where Scotland was going to get the goals from but i couldnt see them losing. On ladbrokes they where doing a Leichenstein +3 goal head start for 10/11! Easy money. Had quite a few winners on the football so far this season. Will post my choices for Saturday soon, and see if i can help some fellow Charlon fans win a few bob ;)

Welcome Barr!! Good to have you on board
  • Options
    List of teams i fancy, two from each league.
    Premiership: Man United and Newcastle
    Championship: Cardiff and Q.P.R
    League One: Bournemouth and Rochdale
    League Two: Wycombe and Shrewsbury
    Conference: Barrow and Afc Wimbledon

As far as other good value bets looks like..
    Arsenal to score over 2.5 goals at Ladbrokes Evens
    Newcastle -1 Handicap 11/8
    Rangers -1 Handicap 5/4 Blue Square

Treble:
    Newcastle -1
    Bournemouth
    Ipswich returns about 7/1

Quick Coupon treble: (Decent price)
    Shrewsbury
    Lincoln
    Rochdale

Min i start posting i no its going to go tits! But hopefully can get a couple winners from those teams. Outside bet of the day... Tranmere to beat Yeovil ;)
  • Options
    Quite a bit of value around tonight in the CC.
  • Options
    so hard to predict these games, especially before the teamsheet is known in most cases !.
  • Options
    all 10 games to be a draw, i think i'll do a acc plus 9 folds/8folds/7folds and 6folds
  • Options
    Spurs to beat Arsenal
    Birmingham to beat MK Dons
    Sunderland to beat Wham
    Everton to beat Brentford

Pays around 8-1
  • Options
    Birmingham to beat MK Dons
    Everton to beat Brentford
    Sunderland to beat West Ham
    Barrow to beat Alty
    Cambridge to beat Kettering

15-1

Peterborough to beat Swansea
    Newport to beat Hayes
    Tamworth to beat Bath
    Wrexham to beat Southport
    Rangers to beat Dunfermline

18-1
  • Options
    ^ That's pretty decent. Although Arsenal apparantely are only taking 3 or 4 youngsters in the sqaud
  • Options
    although it is dirty to bet in their favour, millwall are a very good price
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]although it is dirty to bet in their favour, millwall are a very good price

Has your resident tipster given you any good ones yet Sturgess?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]^ That's pretty decent. Although Arsenal apparantely are only taking 3 or 4 youngsters in the sqaud

I can't see the Arsenal squad for tonight listed anywhere, not even on their own site. But i'd expect the Spurs lineup to be stronger. Even if Spurs play reserves they can still field a front 6 of Krancjar, Jenas, Palacios, Bentley, Keane and either Dos santos/Pavlychenko.
  • Options
    Arsenal have got there first team squad out but have included Lansbury, Emmanual-Thomas and Eastmond and I think they will all start plus Fabianski in goal

Spurs will be pretty much as you said Chris but will be without Dawson, Corluka, King, Woodgate and Gallas so I've no idear who they'll play at the back.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Arsenal have got there first team squad out but have included Lansbury, Emmanual-Thomas and Eastmond and I think they will all start plus Fabianski in goal

Yeah just found something about it, still Arsenal are without Vermaelen, Fabregas, RVP, Bendtner, Walcott and Diaby so it's not what i'd call first team. More 'the remaining first team members that are fit'.

Spurs can still play Assou-Ekotto, Bassong and Hutton plus 1 other (probably a youngster) at the back. I still fancy Spurs for the win.
  • Options
    http://www.beatvictor.com

Predict the Prem scores each week on Victor Chandler, if you beat Victor's predictions for that week you get a free £5 bet. He hasn't got any correct the last few weeks.

I got Spurs, Villa and Chelsea scores correct this weekend. Now just have to decide what to put the £5 on.
  • Options
    Spurs have drifted over half a point on betfair to around the 2.8 mark.

I'm waiting to see the teams but 2.8 could be a decent price.

Also think Everton could be worth laying at 1/2 and Sunderland worth laying at 4/5.

Does anyone know a website that generally has team lineups first?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    For Saturday

Burnley,Cov, QPR, P'boro, Hudders, Port Vale, Shrews, Southend

£353.08 returns on Ladbrokes

Arsenal, Spurs, Swansea, QPR, Walsall, Sheffield Wed, Gills, Shrews

£625.92 returns
  • Options
    Done these ones instead:

Arsenal, Spurs, Swansea, QPR, Walsall, Sheffield Wed, Gills, Shrews - £625.92 returns

Burnley, Cov, QPR, P'boro, Hudders, Port Vale, Shrews, Southend, Bayern - £515.14 returns

£1 stakes both
  • Options
    Fancy us -1 tomorrow. Coupled with Arsenal -2 home to West Brom.
  • Options
    don't normally back us but have gone for us as part of little four-fold with trebles

CAFC
    Liverpool
    Naarwich
    Swindon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!