Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******-The 2010/11 Football Betting thread-*******

Comments

• Options
    Still not decided but Arsenal -2, QPR, Coventry, Burnley, Peterborough and Port Vale all jump out as decent chances. And us but i never bet on us.
  • Options
    we are 4/7 aren't we? Hardly worth backing!

Brighton look nice at 10/11 at home to Oldham
  • Options
    Don't normally bet on us but i've gone for Charlton -1, Arsenal -1 and Spurs -1 treble pays 16/1
  • Options
    A good bet could be Romain Vincelot (their top scorer with 4 already this season) he is 40/1 with Paddy Power, worth a go at each way
  • Options
    my selections today (so ones to avoid)

fulham v everton
    sheff wed v soton
    watford v boro
    3 draws @ 33-1

qpr, newcastle, bournemouth, spurs to win @16s
  • Options
    think 6/5 on us to win tonight is very big, also tempted by HT/FT @ 12/5
  • Options
    Forest, Pompey, Brighton, Saints 13/1.
  • Options
    Had a very good last week or so. 26/1 4 fold in on Saturday, then Villa/Stoke double Sunday.

Tonight i've gone for;

Gillingham o Southend
    Watford o Swansea
    Auxerre v Real MAdrid
    Braga v Shahkter Dontesk (sp)
    Partizan Belgrade v Arsenal

Pays about 40/1.
  • Options
    personally I can see Arsenal getting beat tonight
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Had a very good last week or so. 26/1 4 fold in on Saturday, then Villa/Stoke double Sunday.

Tonight i've gone for;

Gillinghamo Southend
    Watfordo Swansea
    Auxerre vReal MAdrid
    Braga vShahkter Dontesk(sp)
    Partizan Belgrade vArsenal

Pays about 40/1.

I'd be wary of Braga. Admittedly they were destroyed by Arsenal but they're strong at home. Unbeaten since July 2009. 21 wins and 2 draws in all competitions and only conceded 9 goals in that time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A mate have mine put a tenner on Samba scoring last weekend (or was it the one before?)

Anyway he did, and he pocketed a cool £110 profit
  • Options
    Probably just have a couple of doubles or trebles tonight, i've finally learnt (after getting stung by Arsenal at the weekend) not to bother with 6/7/8 team accumulators as 1 will nearly always fail you.

Spartak Moscow
    Chelsea
    Cardiff
    Peterborough
    Brighton
    Southampton

All look to be decent chances tonight so i'll probably mix up those into 2 bets.

Am also amazed that you can get 13/8 on Valencia tomorrow night. Valencia are top of the Spanish league, Utd are without Giggs and Rooney and more importantly Scholes hasn't travelled either.
  • Options
    Done 2 bets for tonight

Tote goals over 2.5 (so 3 or more goals in each game)
    Coventry v Doncaster
    Watford V Swansea
    Bristol Rovers v Tranmere
    Bournmouth v Exeter
    Peterboro v Notts County
    Colchester v Dag & Red pays about 53-1

Also a normal acc
    Leeds
    Forest
    Brighton
    Soton
    Rotherham
    Ac milan
  • Options
    I've chosen not to put (very) big money on one game (Real Madrid -1) and am going for an acc of Leeds, Real Madrid -1 and Tottenham, then another with
    any 3 from 6 of Leeds -1, Real -1, Young Boys, Steaua, Lille and PAOK, big money. It took me about five hours of studying and eliminating. Am confident.
  • Options
    Or Ferdinand Chris, and they look very dodgy at the back with Evans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Or Ferdinand Chris, and they look very dodgy at the back with Evans.

Utd's site says otherwise:

"That's confirmed. So, no Neville, Scholes, Giggs or Rooney. So the full squad is: Goalkeepers: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Amos. Defenders: Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, O'Shea, Evans, Rafael, Brown. Midfielders: Anderson, Bebe, Nani, Carrick, Gibson, Fletcher, Park. Forwards: Hernandez, Berbatov, Macheda, Owen"
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    £5 accy on....
    Burnley to beat Hull
    Cardiff to beat Palace
    Brighton to beat Brentford
    Peterboro to beat Notts County
    Crewe to beat Macclesfield
    Rotherham to beat Bradford

£5 on both teams to score....
    Cov vs Donny
    Norwich vs Leicester
    Forest vs Sheff U
    Pompey vs Bris C
    Reading vs Ipswich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Or Ferdinand Chris, and they look very dodgy at the back with Evans.

Utd's site says otherwise:

"That's confirmed. So, no Neville, Scholes, Giggs or Rooney. So the full squad is: Goalkeepers: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Amos. Defenders: Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, O'Shea, Evans, Rafael, Brown. Midfielders: Anderson, Bebe, Nani, Carrick, Gibson, Fletcher, Park. Forwards: Hernandez, Berbatov, Macheda, Owen"

Your quite right, I misread him saying Rooney wasn't going to Spain.
  • Options
    Still got to fancy Valencia even if Rio does play.
  • Options
    Also had a bizarre bet on;

Charlton HT/FT
    Cardiff HT/FT
    Saints
    Pompey

At about 35/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not gone on anything tonight yet but won £46 on Llera first goalscorer from a £2 stake with Ladbrokes at 22/1 on Saturday. It was 225/1 for 2-2 and Llera first goalscorer...!
  • Options
    Put my free £5 bet I got from Beat Victor on over 2.5 goals in 3 games, won £24.67. Portsmouth, Watford and Peterborough games, so over 3.5 goals in all 3 games would have won.
  • Options
    fecking ipswich let me down on my goals galore bet.
  • Options
    poxy Bristol Rovers v Tranmere all they had to do was have 2 more goals in there game, would have won me £540. exactly the same as saturday that time it was West ham v Spurs to let me down.
  • Options
    You'd be gutted if you had Leeds.
  • Options
    That had 1-0 written all over it :), I will get it right. only started doing the over 2.5 goals bet on saturday, got fed up of normal home/away accumaltors and twice I have hit 5 out of 6. I thinks its def worth doing in the Europa league game on Thursday as well as Goal crazy (both teams to score) as there always seems to be shed loads of goals in that competition. No doubt I will pick a 0-0 draw in one of the games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Put my free £5 bet I got from Beat Victor on over 2.5 goals in 3 games, won £24.67. Portsmouth, Watford and Peterborough games, so over 3.5 goals in all 3 games would have won.

That poxy beat victor free bet gives me nightmares last season I won the top prize one week of a £500 free bet, I didnt realise I could break the money up and place bets of £10's £20 £50 etc so I stuck the lot on a horse at 11-4 which of course came no where, when I found out about a week later you could split the bet up I wasn't a happy bunny :)
    He has got a bit tighter this season and top prize each week is only a £100
  • Options
    Rochdale
    Swindon
    Birmingham
    Chelsea -1

Pays 10/1.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Put my free £5 bet I got from Beat Victor on over 2.5 goals in 3 games, won £24.67. Portsmouth, Watford and Peterborough games, so over 3.5 goals in all 3 games would have won.

That poxy beat victor free bet gives me nightmares last season I won the top prize one week of a £500 free bet, I didnt realise I could break the money up and place bets of £10's £20 £50 etc so I stuck the lot on a horse at 11-4 which of course came no where, when I found out about a week later you could split the bet up I wasn't a happy bunny :)

Unless you'd got a bit of inside info from someone 'in the know' then you've got to be mad to bet on a horse in the first place. Why didn't you put it on a Chelsea or Barcelona home game?
  • Options
    Brum
    West Ham
    Soton
    Swindon four-fold
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!