Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does anyone actually believe that Parky is a good manager?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Despite the fact that I like a lot of the players he has bought in (he'd make a good cheif scout)
    Despite the fact that we're still in the cup against a Premiership giant
    Despite the fact we're second in the table and currently up for automatic promotion
    Despite the fact we're eleven unbeaten

I think he's a crap manager. We had appalling shape against Luton last night , we poor and only prevailed because a) Luton ran out of steam and b) moved their best player out to the left wing despite him being right footed.

Apart from a few good away wins we have been unimpressive despite winning, and I am reminded of the commentary about the U18 cup exit - "it wasn't long before Damian Matthews adjusted the shape of his side and moved Bradley Jordan inside " - Parky never makes tactical changes like this, only substitutions which are often like for like.
    Now that really did make me laugh!! LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not forgetting, (I think it was Large who recently posted), Parky deliberately got Charlton relegated from the Championship.

it is ridiculous to post that on it's own without the reasoned arguement I gave for saying it. Very naughty Oggy.
    That kinda begs the question...
  • Options
    Yes - he is a good manager. End of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Petefromcornwall[/cite]Yes - he is a good manager. End of.

Yes, he is for div three. He proved that half a dozen years ago very early in his managerial career when he got Colchester promoted.

But that remains the height of his achievement to date. He then immediately walked out on Colchester for Hull, who sacked him after six months, whereupon he joined a premiership club called Charlton who are now in ....div three. So he needs to match or top his achievement with Colchester this season and steer us to automatic promotion, otherwise he sinks into the category of 'good managers who never quite fulfilled their early promise' and he will not be given a third chance to get us out of div three by the new owners.

And Oggy is very naughty to mention him in the same breath as Curbishley. Decent manager as Parky is for the lower divisions, he doesn't have one tenth of Curbs' technical or tactical reading of a game.
  • Options
    This thread is still at the top I see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]This thread is still at the top I see.

Due to lots of people (including me) saying your hero is a decent manager. That must make your very happy, friend.

And good to know you are still reading and doing your bit to keep it at the top!
  • Options
    Too easy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]And Oggy is very naughty to mention him in the same breath as Curbishley. Decent manager as Parky is for the lower divisions, he doesn't have one tenth of Curbs' technical or tactical reading of a game.
    He only suggested there are similarities, which there are. They look for good players who also have the right characters, usually without much to spend on them, build balanced squads/teams and when possible tries to get us playing decent football as well as working hard and battling as a team.

He's no tactical genius but plenty of managers would have struggled to change things around drastically with the previous squads he's had. Start of last season our attacking options were to put Dickson or McLeod on to change things up front, occasionally McKenzie when he was fit. We could put Wagstaff on for Sam. We had no left footed option at left midfield so Bailey, Shelvey and Wagstaff all had games playing there.

This season he has more options and at times we've seen how well it's worked when he's put players on and/or moved a player into another position. Sometimes he was blamed for being tactically naive but didn't actually have many good options to change things around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]build balanced squads/teams

I didnt think the team had much balance until Reid got injured and Jackson was pushed up the pitch.
  • Options
    True but he got there eventually, even if it did take an injury. Can't say the same for Pardew, doubt Les Reed would have ever found and I'm not convinced Dowie would have with the squad he put together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think it's a question of "getting there eventually". Because Parky signed a flexible LB/LM in Jackson he was able to slot him into LM when first-choice Reid got injured. It's worked a treat. So credit for the signing.
  • Options
    If Youga had been fit at the start of the season or soon after, as was anticipated ........ then Jackson wouldn't have been playing regularly at leftback.

When Jacko was signed in the summer, Parky said on the OS at the time that he'd brought in Jacko primarily to play midfield, but could cover for LB.

So I'd guess Parky was always mindful to play Jacko in his natural position.

Youga remaining injured and Reid's own early season form evidently changed that plan.
  • Options
    If Youga had been fit last season we wouldn't have even been in this division.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]If Youga had been fit last season we wouldn't have even been in this division.
    I would agree.
  • Options
    Nothing like people maoning after a terrific run of 11 unbeaten, and big FA Cup draw that will bring loads of money into the club, and sitting in a very strong place in the league...

You lot are clearly the people that wanted curbs out..

and if we ever get back to the prem and you lot are still moaning, I WILL FIND YOU, you understand, I will find you and burn you!!!

Get happy, are you all on the opposite of prozac or something...

You have been warned ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Nothing like people maoning after a terrific run of 11 unbeaten, and big FA Cup draw that will bring loads of money into the club, and sitting in a very strong place in the league...

You lot are clearly the people that wanted curbs out..

and if we ever get back to the prem and you lot are still moaning, I WILL FIND YOU, you understand, I will find you and burn you!!!

Get happy, are you all on the opposite of prozac or something...

You have been warned ;)

Lol, warning taken.
  • Options
    Good proven manager for Div 1. Unproven in Champs as sacked by Hull and didn't win a game with us.