Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My moaning once again.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Standing up singing is not just MY idea of support.

No, it's not but it's not everyone's either.

You make some good points. Trouble is you have to start a new thread every time and you can't help having a dig at any supporter who doesn't do what you think they should be doing.

It's not like that, it's never going to be like that so get used it. Once you accept that your life will be so much calmer and relaxed, just like mine.

OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Options
    It's hard to get too loud against a group of fans who could fill a Fiat Punto. I think that was the main reason. 3rd goal was vital so got the roar. Think Trollope might help us produce a better atmosphere tomorrow but for negative reasons. Think when we play a team with good support or where there is an edge we step up. What I don't understand is some isolated boos when we are the most in form team in the whole country. Nick Gray and his stooges possibly!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Standing up singing is not just MY idea of support.[/quote]

You make some good points. Trouble is you have to start a new thread every time and you can't help having a dig at any supporter who doesn't do what you think they should be doing.

It's not like that, it's never going to be like that so get used it. Once you accept that your life will be so much calmer and relaxed, just like mine.

OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM[/quote]

Oh i totally agree that it's never going to be like that, but why?

And yes it is the way to support your team. Sitting and being quiet does not help anybody. How can anybody not agree with this?
  • Options
    is there that much of a problem with starting a new thread?....its not exactly the end of the world.

jazzy mate, i think you just gotta get used to the fact that our home support isnt the greatest and just enjoy the away days even more. 23 minimum a season isnt bad going. everyone remembers the away days.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Standing up singing is not just MY idea of support.

OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh i totally agree that it's never going to be like that, but why?

And yes it is the way to support your team. Sitting and being quiet does not help anybody. How can anybody not agree with this?

If you tick the bbc code box you get a nice yellow quote like this.

I like to have a shout and an occasional sing but I don't want to do that for 90 minutes.

Other people aren't like you, they don't want to shout and sing or bounce about at all. They prefer to watch the game.

That's up to them. It doesn't make them bad fans or less or better than you. Just different. Who are you to call them trainspotters or worse? Who gave you that right?

Do what you want and as long as your not stopping anyone else enjoying the game the way they want to good luck to you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]is there that much of a problem with starting a new thread?....its not exactly the end of the world.

jazzy mate, i think you just gotta get used to the fact that our home support isnt the greatest and just enjoy the away days even more. 23 minimum a season isnt bad going. everyone remembers the away days.[/quote]

I want to just enjoy the away days, but i want more for Charlton, i want the players and the manager to hear good support and thankful fans for their unbeaten run.

If i did not support Charlton and i was at The Valley on saturday, i would have thought we had just lost 3 games in a row or something!
  • Options
    I think some people like to support their team but also like to enjoy the football. Some of the really passioante ones go into a trance and don't really follow the game -they get a buzz from singing their hearts out for the lads. I've been to games where some fans spending more time looking away from the pitch orchestrating the crowd. I will cheer loudly, curse the refs, join in on the odd song but I like to analyse and read the game -understand the tactics etc...what is where i get my enjoyment and of course when we win - not everybody is the same.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I think some people like to support their team but also like to enjoy the football. Some of the really passioante ones go into a trance and don't really follow the game -they get a buzz from singing their hearts out for the lads. I've been to games where some fans spending more time looking away from the pitch orchestrating the crowd. I will cheer loudly, curse the refs, join in on the odd song but I like to analyse and read the game -understand the tactics etc...what is where i get my enjoyment and of course when we win - not everybody is the same.[/quote]

Good way of putting it, now i understand that some fans like to just sit and really watch the football going on.

I like to watch the football also, but i know women say men can't multi task but i am sure it is not that hard to watch the football aswell as singing? lol

I will however understand if singing isn't most fans delight, but just would be nice to have it from everybody, just once. Iam sure Parky and the lads would enjoy it also (it would be like a thank you, for the results that have seen the team go from 14th to 2nd)
  • Options
    Tell you what Jazzy I'll make you a deal.

You use that IT degree you have to work out how to quote correctly and I'll join in with VFR. I even know the words to the 2nd and 3rd verses for some reason.

: - )
  • Options
    I do have problems multi tasking - can't iron and watch the telly like the wife and it's not a ploy to get her to do it all the time. I think there is a difference between watching the game and analysing it which I tend to do. I like to second guess the subs, understand what is and isn't working. In fact I think I'm better at it than a lot of managers. I was advocating supporting the midfield and not playing 2 out and out wingers and palying Anyinsah before Parky got round to it. Also that Sodje is a better bet than Abbot which Parky worked out on Saturday but was a few weeks behind me. Also can spot good palyers very quickly. So I'm a thinker -you are passionate - Henry gets miffed if you don't quote correctly - we are all different but we all support Charlton and shouldn't be criticising each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I do have problems multi tasking - can't iron and watch the telly like the wife and it's not a ploy to get her to do it all the time. I think there is a difference between watching the game and analysing it which I tend to do. I like to second guess the subs, understand what is and isn't working. In fact I think I'm better at it than a lot of managers. I was advocating supporting the midfield and not playing 2 out and out wingers and palying Anyinsah before Parky got round to it. Also that Sodje is a better bet than Abbot which Parky worked out on Saturday but was a few weeks behind me. Also can spot good palyers very quickly. So I'm a thinker -you are passionate - Henry gets miffed if you don't quote correctly - we are all different but we all support Charlton and shouldn't be criticising each other.

Not going to contribute to this thread at all other than announce my surprise that you're married!

Does your mrs get all the grief about not singing as well?

:-)
  • Options
    thought the grief started from Jazzy - Tried to explain how people approach games differently but are all supporters. My wife never gets any grief from me but I get a fair bit from her ;)
  • Options
    If it wasn't for the support i wouldn't go Charlton as much because the football isn't the best, i agree with jazzy its all about going home with a sore throat.
  • Options
    i beg your pardon were second in league one.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]thought the grief started from Jazzy - Tried to explain how people approach games differently but are all supporters. My wife never gets any grief from me but I get a fair bit from her ;)

Sorry mate, read your comments as jazzy's!
  • Options
    Yeah we are winning games, but can you honestly say we play an attractive game of football?
  • Options
    nope but its improving
  • Options
    Guess so.
  • Options
    Think when we fill the ground the place can buzz - we've had a hard few years and it takes time to get that feeling back but it will come as long as we get back to normality. We have a nice big ground and it's just over half full -that ahs an effect.
  • Options
    Thanks Jazzy for taking the pressure off me and Nolly...Henry being tone deaf is the reason he doesnt understand the raw emotions that dwell within the souls of musicians, its a weight to carry but I think we do it well...

HE=dog with bone

Just watch hime come after me for wasting a web page lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Thanks Jazzy for taking the pressure off me and Nolly...Henry being tone deaf is the reason he doesnt understand the raw emotions that dwell within the souls of musicians, its a weight to carry but I think we do it well...

HE=dog with bone

Just watch hime come after me for wasting a web page lol[/quote]

No worries, ill take all the pressure as i know i am right.
  • Options
    I agree with how we were on Saturday.

We did not really get going until the 3rd goal, should sing more in the North Upper. I think the drummer needed to do some more banging especially before kickoff.
  • Options
    "We only sing when we're winning, sing when we're winning....."
  • Options
    Jizzyjizzyjizzy , look our fans have never been the most passionate and if we do make a bit of noise there are some who will make a big deal of it cos it is so rare but keep up your campaigning it may wake some up from their slumber
    34 years of supporting charlton and with an honest view on it and someone who takes note of atmosphere and support , I know our support is in general poor , we'll be one of the last sets of fans to inspire our team , we look for the team to inspire us ..... Complacency , maybe but we just aint got that raw passion or fire in the bellys of many of our supporters , just the way it is unfortunatley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Thanks Jazzy for taking the pressure off me and Nolly...Henry being tone deaf is the reason he doesnt understand the raw emotions that dwell within the souls of musicians, its a weight to carry but I think we do it well...

HE=dog with bone

Just watch hime come after me for wasting a web page lol

Oh dear being attacked by Nolly and Windscreen now. Like being savaged by a dead sheep.

as for tone deaf that is just so funny coming from someone who does Abba covers in old people's homes but who thought she could sell 10,000 tickets for a concert at the Valley. Reality check needed.

When you have a song you helped write and record played and sung at the Valley on a regular basis come back to me.

love and peace.

And Jazzy, make your mind up. One minute you agree with Mutley that there are different ways to be a fan and then with next post agreeing with you you flip flop again and insist you know are right.
  • Options
    as for tone deaf that is just so funny coming from someone who does Abba covers in old people's homes but who thought she could sell 10,000 tickets for a concert at the Valley. Reality check needed.

haha *tea spitting moment over keyboard*
  • Options
    you wrote the lyrics to the second and third verse of valley floyd road henry? that figures.................
  • Options
    We didnt actually start making any noise until Dailly got sent off.

I really am getting tired of being the only one singing in my block. I'm a 40 yr old doris ffs!!!!!

And i'm going to have to start listening to my ipod during games to blot out the 'donkey' comments aimed at Docherty before he's even touch a ball & to prevent me from having to explain some of the rules of the game to the 'men' around me. 'He's playing advantage!!!' i had to scream four times before those around me cottoned on.

Jeez i miss the terraces. I need to move :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

When you have a song you helped write and record played and sung at the Valley on a regular basis come back to me.

kennethwilliams.jpg
  • Options
    lol