Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA's message to the world today

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]feckin disgusted end of, Jack Warner how the bloody hell does a man from the West Indies hold such a powerful position, it's like appointing the andorra national coach as the next England coach .

???

Until last year, the bloke in charge of the UN was from Ghana. Fair enough, you have a problem with Jack Warner, but his nationality doesn't matter. Why shouldn't someone from the West Indies be powerful?

I would be shocked if the NOTW don't have fake sheikhs and fake oligarchs proposing bribes to FIFA bigwigs. Now that we know who won, wait for them to get their claws into FIFA.
  • Options
    Do we really need the hassle and expense when we are compelled to bail out the Eurozone countries and cannot afford to maintain public services?

The Olympics are way over budget and will undoubtedly be priced out of the range of ordinary working people. Do we need another white elephant just a few years later?

Yes the corruption and so on is galling but in the long run they've done us a favour I reckon.

Our inevitable 4 yearly capitulation would be even harder to bear in our own country!
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks we lost the bid because of a flare and a few seats last night is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

It's all about $$$ and anti-English sentiment
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Do we really need the hassle and expense when we are compelled to bail out the Eurozone countries and cannot afford to maintain public services?

The Olympics are way over budget and will undoubtedly be priced out of the range of ordinary working people. Do we need another white elephant just a few years later?

Yes the corruption and so on is galling but in the long run they've done us a favour I reckon.

Our inevitable 4 yearly capitulation would be even harder to bear in our own country![/quote]

but there wouldn't be any white elephants (apart from MK Dons ground), all the stadiums are ready built and up to scratch
  • Options
    Goonerhater you and your employer may need advice on the 2010 Bribery act which comes into force in 2011 as it moves the goalposts on accepting gifts, not saying you are falling foul of it but I went to a briefing recently from Orricks a leading legal firm and it was scary
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Are the Olympics over budget Len? Where did you hear that? Last thing I heard - albeit a few weeks back - they were saying they were ahead of schedule and bang on budget. And as for the ticket prices, I thought there were guaranteed to be some kept at low cost, weren't there?

As for "white elephant" - maybe you're giving yourself away with that comment. You don't want it - fair enoufh - but I'm still interested to know about the budget/ticket points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Do we really need the hassle and expense when we are compelled to bail out the Eurozone countries and cannot afford to maintain public services?

Our inevitable 4 yearly capitulation would be even harder to bear in our own country!

but there wouldn't be any white elephants (apart from MK Dons ground), all the stadiums are ready built and up to scratch

New grounds:
    Bristol
    Nottingham
    Plymouth
    Milton Keynes

and a new ground in Liverpool and extensions in Sheffield and Leeds. That's off the top of my head. Only one maybe two of those grounds sell out with any sort of regularity.

Now, you can probably rule two of the first list out as they wouldn't be chosen, but still some white elephants there
  • Options
    MK isn't a "new ground" though is it - it's already there.

Anyway, irrelevant now.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    warner is a filthy piece of work and nomistakes there i am telling you i want to beat the fella with bricks and sticks he is scum complete low life scum, the reason he has power is because he is a trusty allie of blatter who has influence i the african nations and the tiny islands of the fifa members all of whom blatter needs to keep him in power, the little prick plattini is wise to this and has poistioned himself in between warnber and blatter so that when blatter steps down warner wont get power but will stay in a position of influence.

blatter is scared of warner and his ruthless side and he keeps his gravy train well fed keeping blatter in power and leting warner lord it over his african and west indian collegues.

warner is one of the only men who could bring the house crashing down and he and blatter wont let that happen.

odius contemptable scum

edited as i was too strong in my opinion
  • Options
    Fair play to Russia they were the favourites.

But if we were rated the best bid in so many aspects and we only get 2 votes stinks.

As for Qatar getting it, well we've known for years people in power in football are all about money and nothing else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New ground, significant extension that more than doubles capacity. Potato potato.
  • Options
    I reckon that our press boys will really get stuck in this corrupt nest of tossers now. I can't wait to see what they dig up....I mean something involving obscenely large amounts of cash must have occurred for the WC to go to that well known footballing hotbed, Qatar.......as for Russia, the place is basically a criminal state (read 'McMafia' if you get the chance - a revalatory and scary book in equal measure) so it can't have happened WITHOUT criminal dealings, as very little there does, apparently!
  • Options
    2 votes and one of them was from an englishman
    I understand taking the global game around but why not give the world cup to Australia
    maybe because Russia and Qatar have more money to spent on buying votes

Is this the day when finally people realised that Fifa is corrupted
  • Options
    FIFA does not have the game's best interests at heart and today proves that. Blatter is a pudding. Breakaway world football organization anybody?
  • Options
    The whole process has just turned into a fecking 2 year Eurovision Song Contest where we also get piss all points/votes.

Qatar 2022 is the biggest joke though. 40 degrees in July, games played indoors...prob won't bother watching that one.
  • Options
    Australia got one vote.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]The whole process has just turned into a fecking 2 year Eurovision Song Contest where we also get piss all points/votes.

Qatar 2022 is the biggest joke though. 40 degrees in July, games played indoors...prob won't bother watching that one.

Hard to disagree mate!
  • Options
    After today, I fully expect the North Pole and the top of Mount Everest to be in the running for 2026 in keeping with FIFA's commitment to take football to the world.
  • Options
    Yep!
  • Options
    Think the isle of man should bid next time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]The whole process has just turned into a fecking 2 year Eurovision Song Contest where we also get piss all points/votes.

Hard to disagree mate!

That and the fact that they are a country with no footballing history. Surely there should be a rule that you've got to have participated in the finals before staging the competition. I'm not saying that you have to have a shirt with loads of silly little stars on it, but the hosts should as a bare minimum have qualified once. Who next, The Vatican? They are a small country with oodles of cash but no history of football (except that Pope that fancied himself as a goalie).
  • Options
    Not all bad, new stadiums in some of the proposed places would undoubtedly of helped CAFC's competitors.

But FIFA stinks and I hope this is the beginning of the end for the swiss based francophile organisation.
  • Options
    so we might have another go in 2030 !!!!!!!!!!! shame, would have loved to see it here. Mind you gives all the antiEnglish a few laughs dosnt it ? i mean even the ones on here.
  • Options
    Agree totally with stig, should have at least qualified for one world cup. As said if not why not isle of man or jersey next?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Think the isle of man should bid next time

Isles of Scilly for me. They have their own league with two teams, so why not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Think the isle of man should bid next time

Isles of Scilly for me. They have their own league with two teams, so why not.

Been once, very nice so yeah I'd go with that.
  • Options
    Told you it would be Russia. It's nothing to do with anti-English sentiment. FIFA are all about the money - make no mistake, if this country was as endemically corrupt as Russia, the world cup would have come here. Anyway - no-one should even want it here. It's a joke of a tournament, the quality of football gets worse every time its held, the taxpayer inevitably pays for everything.

Even I didn't think they'd be so brazen as to give the 2022 to Qatar though - that is, frankly, ridiculous. Unfortunately, just like everything else with FIFA it will be forgotten after a couple of months - in reality, what should happen is that England, Germany, Argentina, Italy, Spain et. al should form their own international federation. Dozens of other countries would follow suit. Lets see how Brazil, the USA and France like playing each other every four years to a global audience of zero and (more importantly) no corporate sponsorship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Told you it would be Russia. It's nothing to do with anti-English sentiment. FIFA are all about the money - make no mistake, if this country was as endemically corrupt as Russia, the world cup would have come here. Anyway - no-one should even want it here. It's a joke of a tournament, the quality of football gets worse every time its held, the taxpayer inevitably pays for everything.

Even I didn't think they'd be so brazen as to give the 2022 to Qatar though - that is, frankly, ridiculous. Unfortunately, just like everything else with FIFA it will be forgotten after a couple of months - in reality, what should happen is that England, Germany, Argentina, Italy, Spain et. al should form their own international federation. Dozens of other countries would follow suit. Lets see how Brazil, the USA and France like playing each other every four years to a global audience of zero and (more importantly) no corporate sponsorship.

I think that the award of the WC to Qatar is going to whip up a massive shitstorm amongst the bigger countries, they are going to be outraged at playing WC football in such an unsuitable place with no footballing history at all. From what I have read, one of the big things in favor of the Qatar bid is that they are going to re-locate their new stadiums to developing countries. WTF does that have to do with being a suitable WC nation?
  • Options
    To follow up the point about Russia, some here have wondered why we only got two votes and produced the best presentation and already have the infrastructure, the grounds and the history. Compared with Russia who have none of these things, but there's going to be a massive boom in Russia over the next decade and billions of oil money which is mostly sitting in bank vaults is going to be invested in roads, rail, hotels, airports and grounds. That is going to make some people incredibly wealthy and it's these people who bought up the bidding process.
  • Options
    Perhaps people didn't forget how we broke our promise to the germans with regards to the 2006 bid.