Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA's message to the world today

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2010
    just reported on bbc that a senior government source has revealed 5 of the fifa voting committee gave personal assurances of their vote to Prince William, David Cameron & David Beckham and then didn't.One of these was Warner and some other geezer Chuck somebody, that is fcuking disgraceful.Two faced lying bastards
  • Options
    I can live with the Russia decision as they have not had the world cup before and are a sufficient football country to deserve a go. Think the scandal is that a bid that ticked every box with flying colours got only 2 votes and one of those was it's own and the other was from somebody looking to get the British press off his back after being exposed for taking bungs. The other scandal is that BAtter gacve voters a pep talk encouraging them not to vote for us- people who pledged votes clearly changed their minds at the last minute- this is outrages and what wouldn't the pree give for a transcript of Blatter's private words? FIFA have of course unleashed the dogs of war and misjudged the press. The way to get them off their backs was to vote for England but they were worried about the extra scrutiny they would get from the press had we won!!! Increased resources and set ups will now take place to undermine FIFA and because of it's structure and inherant corruption. FIFA is going to get caught out quite a few times I predict.

What upset me most of all though was Blatter saying football was invented in China and organised in England. FIFA have a problem with the fact that we invented the game - they can't give us full credit for it - Blatter referred to us as the 'Motherland' later which was his way of sympathising with us - it only showed me what a big deal it is to them and has been stated by FIFA officials in the past why we lose these votes - pure jealousy. If we are viewed as the motherland, surely we should be treated with a bit of reverance and not excrament which FIFA demonstartes and has demonstrated over a number of years in relation to this country.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Agreed
    More importantly, why were we even allowed to progress with our hugely expensive bid. Why didnt FIFA say, Our policy is to spread football to new frontiers, there is no point in you (or Spain Holland etc) bidding. That is what really gets my goat about it all.

I find myself agreeing with this concept - after all football is already well developed in England, though picking Qatar is taking this idea way too far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]What upset me most of all though was Blatter saying football was invented in China and organised in England.

Cuju
  • Options
    That is not football. One type doesnt have goals and the other one has a single goal post in the centre of the field!
  • Options
    By the same logic, most of what was played in England in the Middle Ages wasn't football. In fact, following that logic (considering there were all sorts of rules being played around England all the way up to the middle/late 19th Century), football wasn't invented until the 19th Century. But that's a silly interpretation to make. No one in the FA thought they were inventing a sport, they were just formalising and standardising the rules. If it wasn't invented by the FA, and it wasn't invented before the FA, then... eh?
  • Options
    Ok, football as we know it today (in the main) was invented by us - how's that?

If we go back to kicking a ball to a pole in the centre circle and lose points for fouls etc the Chinese can have it. Deal?!
  • Options
    ... and if FIFA change some laws then it'll be invented by them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]... and if FIFA change some laws then it'll be invented by them?
    Well it depends what they change. If they make the goals slightly bigger no, but if they put four smaller goals in each of the corners where you get 0.5 goals if you score in them then yes - they can have it.

I'm sure you can see the difference - you're not stupid!
  • Options
    I can see the difference. So if the first recorded event of a kick-ball sport involving two goals, one for each side with points for each goal 'scored' took place in Italy, then the Italians would've invented it?

I don't think the Chinese invented football, but they are a part of its development. I also don't think England or Italy or whoever invented it either. Without a time machine, I don't think we'll ever know who invented it, and the inventor would be a person/group rather than a nation anyway. I don't know why people are so precious about where it was invented. It's not like it was at the forefront of thought or that "France invented it" is somehow a sleight on England. At the end of the day, someone somewhere (probably several different people in different places) decided that they'd have a post/goal/barn door at either end of the square/field/town and the winner was the first team to hit the other team's post/goal/barn door. Or something like that. Then it developed, like with every other rule, and spread, and after a lot of spreading, was finally mentioned in literature. And whichever place happened to mention it first gets to claim that they invented it, regardless of whether it's anywhere near the historical first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My cat often paws at a toy mouse so I reckon cats invented football. And it's a Siamese cat so it must have been invented in Siam or Thailand as it is now known.
  • Options
    we invented football. we invented everything.
  • Options
    Great Cuju - so Cujo has been played constanly over the centuries when somebody decided to give it some new rules? No it was a game like the game the inca's played which involed getting a ball in a hole - it did not evolve in Association Football so the best you can say is that the Chinese invented CuJo which has some similarities with football but no influence on it and many more disimilarities. The Romans kicked heads of defeated armies around and the italians tried to claim they invented football a while back. The fact is, whether foreigners like it or not, we invented football.

But again, it isn't that Russia won - good luck to them IMO - it is that we only got 2 votes which is the scandel - especially as Beckham was told by 5 that we had their votes before Blatter got to them. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that what he told them preceeding their vote had an impact which is a disgrace and a terrible error because it will come out and will damage FIFA ultimately. He should have said nothing bar telling them to vote for the bid they felt was the best with no predjudice.
  • Options
    By the way - great call Lawrie - using the FIFA Blatter criteria, I'm sure cats have a the greatest claim - well that first cat he played about with a dropped acorn anyway - the stone age Tiddles invented Football- let's campaign to get him recognised!
  • Options
    We didn't invent everything - we claim television but really it was an American named Farmsworth (or something similar) John Yogi Bear invented a rubbish and unworkable mechnical system that bears no resemblance to television as we know it. Mind you we invented pretty much everything else bar the aeroplane - but we did invent the jet engine to fly the thing properly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]The fact is, whether foreigners like it or not, we invented football.

The fact is, whether we like it or not, is that foreigners invented football. FACT. You have to put FACT at the end of the post as well as the middle if you want to be taken as actual fact.

Maybe the people just told Cameron etc that they would vote for England just to make them shut up and go away. I told a BNP canvasser I'd vote for them so that he'd leave me alone. Does that make me a lying, corrupt, stealing b******? If it does, I'm sorry to the BNP man.

FACT
  • Options
    IA stop sticking up for the bastards
  • Options
    I think telling them that are wasting their time and you will not be voting for them end of and something ruder for the BNP bloke would do the trick. Of course the BNP idiot may still believe you voted for them but we know the people who said they would vote didn't - we know how everybody voted which makes it stupid to say one thing and do another unless you want to be perceived as a liar FACT.
  • Options
    We have the FA. We made the laws. Its our bat and our ball.
    And I aint playing with FIFA until they give it back
  • Options
    Funny that everyone is blaming panorama and the press but the only other vote we got was from the cameroon fella who panorama said took bungs.

we need to investigate our fa look at the job they do, see if they are fit for purpose and then look into why they dont organise a challenge to sepp blatter and his cronies into the corruption and cheating that they are involved with daily
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think they should let us (CL) run the next bid- £15 million - would probably only need 8 million on bungs tops (probably significantly less) and could use the rest of the promotional stuff from the last bid. Then we could bung ourselves the balance. England would get the World cup and we would be well sorted - who loses?
  • Options
    if it is that clear that the only way to win is by 'playing' the fifa way and if it is equally clear that we were not going to conduct ourselves that way, then I have one question.

why the hell did we bother spending £15million on bidding in the first place?

it would have been far better spent investigating and trying to bring down the corrupt core of Fifa as this might have acheived something.
  • Options
    Personally I didn't want us to get it for a number of reasons not least of all we have an Olympics to pay for plus, for me anyway, the World Cup is improved greatly by the local flavour added by having it abroad. I never for one moment thought we would get it but I'm digusted that our (free) press are now being made to be the bad guys in all this when we all know that corruption and FIFA's internal politics is at the heart of the matter.

Might not be for everyone but I'd be proud if the FA grew a set and said that we are not prepared to take part in any future World Cups until there's a complete review and reorganisation of the voting system and FIFA structure.

I think ultimately they need us more than we need them and if it means missing a WC that we won't win anyway to sort it out then so be it.
  • Options
    El Pais

They say they've done everything according to the book.
  • Options
    IA give it a rest we get the message that u dnt think that the English are very good at anything--just out of intrest what does the galic script on ur log in details mean?

England is the home of football end of.
  • Options
    fecking IA you are being ever more argumentive than me and OFF-IT put together.
  • Options
    i thought it was you and offit taking turns in winding us all up
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]We have the FA. We made the laws. Its our bat and our ball.
    And I aint playing with FIFA until they give it back

I think you talking about cricket and the French invented that.
  • Options
    Not the first time Blatter has claimed football isn't our product either, he's banged on about it on several occasions.
  • Options
    ESPN

Interesting article