Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away following!!!

Comments

• I am not ashamed to say I would much rather go to White Hart Lane (possibly my favourite ground in the country besides The Valley) instead of Brighton away. I don't understand why people let themselves get annoyed about our away following. I just choose not to be annoyed by it, and it's not very hard.

Can't believe there is even a debate over whether season ticket holders are proper fans or not - laughable.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I am not ashamed to say I would much rather go to White Hart Lane (possibly my favourite ground in the country besides The Valley) instead of Brighton away. I don't understand why people let themselves get annoyed about our away following. I just choose not to be annoyed by it, and it's not very hard.

Can't believe there is even a debate over whether season ticket holders are proper fans or not - laughable.

Nail on head.
  • charlton fans like to use the word plastic regarding other fans' clubs cos we think we're some sort of superior being/martyr/supporter.... well a man utd, arsenal, spurs, chelsea, liverpool fan etc who gets to see his team as much as he can when tickets are so much more expensive and harder to come by is just as much a fan as we are
    oh but youre talking about the ones who don't go , well we have plenty of them too
    i hate charlton fans and i'm going in the spurs end there'll be less moaning ;-)
  • blow-up-doll-hoodie.jpg

might wear my new coat to WHL
  • I think we should create a new classification for the 'I go away once a year when it's a big game fan' as plastic is not correct. Any Ideas ?
  • Day trippers!
  • Operation Away fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Game spotters
  • NorthLondonAddicks?

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Most of this thread is complete bollocks some of you need to get your head out of your arses

Couldnt agree more...you pay your money you take your pick.....I chose not to get a season ticket, I pay full price on the door, I didnt qualify so wont be going, we sold out which is brilliant....end of story.
  • edited December 2010
    Some of the arguments being forward here seem pretty strange to me. We did protect regular away supporters (whether or not they are season-ticket holders) by putting people with four away games in the first priority. It's a less than perfect mechanism, but it's there. We've used it for some time. People have no reason not to know about it, but they haven't bothered to keep their stubs, buy on matchdays, etc. I would suggest they need to take some responsibility instead of asking the club to prioritise people who it cannot be identify because of their own actions (I am not including the person who sent stubs in the post).

If people haven't been to four away games this season and are not season-ticket holders then they don't really have any basis to expect to be able to buy tickets or to abuse people who do buy season tickets and don't usually travel away.

As for the point about people who are season-ticket holders and have been to FA Cup games, regardless of its merits it wasn't necessary. Any season-ticket holder who wanted a ticket could have phoned yesterday afternoon, got through quickly and bought one. They had another chance this morning.

No two games are alike, allocations vary and demand is unpredictable. We learn things every time and this was no exception, but overalll this has been a pretty successful operation in the club's opinion.
  • By the way, although Spurs gave us the figure of 4,200 the actual number of tickets supplied was about 4,350.
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Some of the arguments being forward here seem pretty strange to me. We did protect regular away supporters (whether or not they are season-ticket holders) by putting people with four away games in the first priority. It's a less than perfect mechanism, but it's there. We've used it for some time. People have no reason not to know about it, but they haven't bothered to keep their stubs, buy on matchdays, etc. I would suggest they need to take some responsibility instead of asking the club to prioritise people who it cannot be identify because of their own actions (I am not including the person who sent stubs in the post).

If people haven't been to four away games this season and are not season-ticket holders then they don't really have any basis to expect to be able to buy tickets or to abuse people who do buy season tickets and don't usually travel away.

As for the point about people who are season-ticket holders and have been to FA Cup games, regardless of its merits it wasn't necessary. Any season-ticket holder who wanted a ticket could have phoned yesterday afternoon, got through quickly and bought one. They had another chance this mornning.

No two games are alike, allocations vary and demand is unpredictable. We learn things every time and this was no exception, but overalll this has been a pretty successful operation in the club's opinion.

Airman i fully agree that the way it has been done has been spot on and apluad teh club for it.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not having a go at the fact that we have sold 4,200, thats great! Just frustrating that at the next away game after that, we will be back in the 3 figures.

get over it
  • Airman the whole process has been fair and should always be used Well done to Charlton
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not having a go at the fact that we have sold 4,200, thats great! Just frustrating that at the next away game after that, we will be back in the 3 figures.

Why is it frustrating?
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not having a go at the fact that we have sold 4,200, thats great! Just frustrating that at the next away game after that, we will be back in the 3 figures.

Why is it frustrating?

your creating a great atmosphere at the lane in a game of less importance, then next week you are among about 200 hardy souls struggling to make any noise ect..That's whats frustrating.

we got sheff wed the week after, we'll take near on 1000 i reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

[cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not having a go at the fact that we have sold 4,200, thats great! Just frustrating that at the next away game after that, we will be back in the 3 figures.

Why is it frustrating?

your creating a great atmosphere at the lane in a game of less importance, then next week you are among about 200 hardy souls struggling to make any noise ect..That's whats frustrating.

that's life mate....
  • Great point there, i did wonder this myself.
    I was worried about getting a Brighton ticket aswell.
    I believe the tickets should go on sale to the famous 313 that went Carlisle! What a day.
    No seriously though how come it takes us 3 weeks to sell Millwall allocation last season and 2 days for Spurs.
  • One good thing about taking up our whole allocation is that surely there'll be enough SENSIBLE Addicks there to deal with the few idiots who are bringing our away support into disrepute .

Name & shame time, I believe...
  • Respect to ALL fans that go everyweek, including the riffraff, and pensioners.
    You would definately class me as riffraff haha, but coin throwing is discusting what ever cunt done that
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]As much as i would be with you on that fanny..They are the hardcore that go week in week out..Can't say much, so lets just enjoy it.

On what fanny?
  • I don't blame anyone for skipping Brighton away.

Been there twice, it's pissed down all game, you can't see sod all, soaked right through and we got turned over.

Never again.

On another note, pretty sure years ago (probably from 1998-2002) you didn't sell out your allocation for the yids away (possibly a night game) as my mate came in school and moaned non stop about how rubbish your support was. Could've been a night game. God knows why or how I remember that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]On another note, pretty sure years ago (probably from 1998-2002) you didn't sell out your allocation for the yids away (possibly a night game) as my mate came in school and moaned non stop about how rubbish your support was. Could've been a night game. God knows why or how I remember that.

2002 we beat them 1-0 away and it was a midweek game...but i got a feeling it was a bank holiday?

Why is it frustrating?

but £20 for Spurs is probably cheaper than it will be for Wednesday away, travel is far cheaper and easier and it doesn't take 12 hours + our fo your day. Hardly surprising is it.
  • but it's not always the extra cost involved. People have families, maybe it's their weekend for visiting rights, maybe they need to decorate the lounge etc etc or maybe they are just fed up watching a crap football team managed by a crap manager ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]On another note, pretty sure years ago (probably from 1998-2002) you didn't sell out your allocation for the yids away (possibly a night game) as my mate came in school and moaned non stop about how rubbish your support was. Could've been a night game. God knows why or how I remember that.

2002 we beat them 1-0 away and it was a midweek game...but i got a feeling it was a bank holiday?

So you didn't sell out? Keep this quiet, you'd take 10,000 to Tottenham if you could!