Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away following!!!

Comments

• Options
    One good thing about taking up our whole allocation is that surely there'll be enough SENSIBLE Addicks there to deal with the few idiots who are bringing our away support into disrepute .

Name & shame time, I believe...
  • Options
    As much as i would be with you on that fanny..They are the hardcore that go week in week out..Can't say much, so lets just enjoy it.
  • Options
    Respect to ALL fans that go everyweek, including the riffraff, and pensioners.
    You would definately class me as riffraff haha, but coin throwing is discusting what ever cunt done that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]As much as i would be with you on that fanny..They are the hardcore that go week in week out..Can't say much, so lets just enjoy it.

On what fanny?
  • Options
    I don't blame anyone for skipping Brighton away.

Been there twice, it's pissed down all game, you can't see sod all, soaked right through and we got turned over.

Never again.

On another note, pretty sure years ago (probably from 1998-2002) you didn't sell out your allocation for the yids away (possibly a night game) as my mate came in school and moaned non stop about how rubbish your support was. Could've been a night game. God knows why or how I remember that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]On another note, pretty sure years ago (probably from 1998-2002) you didn't sell out your allocation for the yids away (possibly a night game) as my mate came in school and moaned non stop about how rubbish your support was. Could've been a night game. God knows why or how I remember that.

2002 we beat them 1-0 away and it was a midweek game...but i got a feeling it was a bank holiday?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not having a go at the fact that we have sold 4,200, thats great! Just frustrating that at the next away game after that, we will be back in the 3 figures.

Why is it frustrating?

your creating a great atmosphere at the lane in a game of less importance, then next week you are among about 200 hardy souls struggling to make any noise ect..That's whats frustrating.

but £20 for Spurs is probably cheaper than it will be for Wednesday away, travel is far cheaper and easier and it doesn't take 12 hours + our fo your day. Hardly surprising is it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not having a go at the fact that we have sold 4,200, thats great! Just frustrating that at the next away game after that, we will be back in the 3 figures.

Why is it frustrating?

your creating a great atmosphere at the lane in a game of less importance, then next week you are among about 200 hardy souls struggling to make any noise ect..That's whats frustrating.

but £20 for Spurs is probably cheaper than it will be for Wednesday away, travel is far cheaper and easier and it doesn't take 12 hours + our fo your day. Hardly surprising is it.
    Oh im sure some of the fair weathers on here can afford the extra costs..
  • Options
    but it's not always the extra cost involved. People have families, maybe it's their weekend for visiting rights, maybe they need to decorate the lounge etc etc or maybe they are just fed up watching a crap football team managed by a crap manager ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]On another note, pretty sure years ago (probably from 1998-2002) you didn't sell out your allocation for the yids away (possibly a night game) as my mate came in school and moaned non stop about how rubbish your support was. Could've been a night game. God knows why or how I remember that.

2002 we beat them 1-0 away and it was a midweek game...but i got a feeling it was a bank holiday?

So you didn't sell out? Keep this quiet, you'd take 10,000 to Tottenham if you could!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Some of the arguments being forward here seem pretty strange to me. We did protect regular away supporters (whether or not they are season-ticket holders) by putting people with four away games in the first priority. It's a less than perfect mechanism, but it's there. We've used it for some time. People have no reason not to know about it, but they haven't bothered to keep their stubs, buy on matchdays, etc. I would suggest they need to take some responsibility instead of asking the club to prioritise people who it cannot be identify because of their own actions (I am not including the person who sent stubs in the post).

If people haven't been to four away games this season and are not season-ticket holders then they don't really have any basis to expect to be able to buy tickets or to abuse people who do buy season tickets and don't usually travel away.

As for the point about people who are season-ticket holders and have been to FA Cup games, regardless of its merits it wasn't necessary. Any season-ticket holder who wanted a ticket could have phoned yesterday afternoon, got through quickly and bought one. They had another chance this mornning.

No two games are alike, allocations vary and demand is unpredictable. We learn things every time and this was no exception, but overalll this has been a pretty successful operation in the club's opinion.

As someone who missed out because of the postal service, I have to say I have little criticism for the way the club handled the allocation. I think it was prioritised in the correct way and that it is only right and proper that fans who make that bit more effort to get to less glamourous games during thin times should get first dibs when a big draw comes up.

I guess the one question I would ask is was there scope to allow a bit more time for some of us further flung Addicks, who might have qualified for the first round of sales, to get our applications in? I accept my position of having enough away stubs but nothing registered on the clubs records put me in a pretty small niche but given that there are still 3 Saturdays until the Spurs game and that the tickets were always likely to go within a day or two of going on more general sale, was there really such a rush to open up the eligibility?

Like I say though, I have no real complaints. I've been a bit unlucky with circumstance as I was working away from home on the Thursday and Friday last week so couldn't do anything about retrieving my away stubs and getting a letter in the post until the weekend and then the post let me down. Thems the breaks. I also know people at the club do work hard to do right by the fans - someone from the ticket office once met us outside Portman Rd before the play-off semi final as there wasn't enough time to get tickets posted out to us. It's a relatively small gesture but an example of how Charlton do go a bit above and beyond for us if they can and I don't think there's much need for all this belly aching. Demand out-stripped supply - deal with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]but it's not always the extra cost involved. People have families, maybe it's their weekend for visiting rights, maybe they need to decorate the lounge etc etc or maybe they are just fed up watching a crap football team managed by a crap manager ;-)

Cleaning the flasks out maybe?
  • Options
    Where I would agree with CafcAndy is that it's a pity many of these 4,350 haven't been at some of the away games this season. Orient away was enjoyable, and Peterborough was fantastic. I'm kicking myself for not going to Swindon or Carlisle. When so many of our better performances have been on the road, it's a pity for some fans that they'll only go to what'll probably be a beating at the hands of a reserve team. I am NOT calling them plastics, just saying that this season would've been more enjoyable for them if they had been able to go to some of the other away matches. But such is life. Hopefully it'll be such a great performance that it'll galvanise the fanbase for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    ... and I have no problem with how the tickets were allocated. The Spurs match was low-priority for me, but I would've understood if I had wanted them and missed out.
  • Options
    Airman well done for implementing common sense and having the wherewithall to turn things around after the Swindon debacle. The club are doing all they can proportionate to the funds at their disposal.
  • Options
    I have a wife and young daughter who who I like to spend time with. As I have a job that keeps me from home from early morning to early evening, weekends are when I can do this. I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and I still cannot bring myself to miss a home game whether cup or league. Up until the birth of my daughter I went to many an away game.

In my circumstances I need to choose the away games I go to now. Spurs (and Orient this season so far) is my choice, so to people who think this is wrong, I really do not care and hope you have a good time at Spurs as I certainly intend to whatever the result.
  • Options
    The Notts county game will be a nightmare!
  • Options
    Brighton has sold out.
  • Options
    Never been to an away game before so can't wait to go to White Hart Lane and hear the Red Red Robin playing when we run out :-)
  • Options
    The slip road at Colchester has been fully built and ready to open now so I reckon we will easily shift 2000 on the back of that :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mate got our tickets this morning. Must of been the last few. I can't believe people are moaning about this, 4k Charlton fans, not far to travel and hopefully we can keep the score down to single figures! I joke... On another note I do think it would be a good idea to introduce some sort of point system to go along with the red card. Every away match you buy tickets for you would get your card swiped and be given a point. The longer distance matches perhaps two points for there to be more incentive to go. Then when it comes to a situation like this people with 5+ points have priority. Saves mucking around with stubs. I think Millwall do that.
  • Options
    Done plenty of away games in years gone by, virtually all some seasons in late 80's and 90's but pick and choose my away games now. Went to Barnet - what a 'shocker' that was and luckily am getting a couple of hospitality tiickets off my mate for the Steve Perryman lounge. Biggest problem is who to take with me - Dad, Brother or Son?
  • Options
    missed getting a Brighton ticket down to me being lazy :( if anyone comes across any spares, give me a whisper please
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]I have a wife and young daughter who who I like to spend time with. As I have a job that keeps me from home from early morning to early evening, weekends are when I can do this. I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and I still cannot bring myself to miss a home game whether cup or league. Up until the birth of my daughter I went to many an away game.

In my circumstances I need to choose the away games I go to now. Spurs (and Orient this season so far) is my choice, so to people who think this is wrong, I really do not care and hope you have a good time at Spurs as I certainly intend to whatever the result.[/quote]

Well Said totally agree but seems people choose to ignore posts like this
  • Options
    Why can't we have the old way of getting tickets back?

You come to the valley and queue up, then you'll really know who wants to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Why can't we have the old way of getting tickets back?

You come to the valley and queue up, then you'll really know who wants to go!

Becuase not everyone is near to the Valley or can just drop everything to get tickets.

I can not see what the moaning is about. The club have done this the best and fairest way they could.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Why can't we have the old way of getting tickets back?

You come to the valley and queue up, then you'll really know who wants to go![/quote]

Becuase not everyone is near to the Valley or can just drop everything to get tickets.

I can not see what the moaning is about. The club have done this the best and fairest way they could.[/quote]

You cant see what the moaning is about come on get a grip its Charlton fans it comes natural bunch of whinning fannys
  • Options
    Oi, leftbehind ! Leave me out of it !!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]Respect to ALL fans that go everyweek, including the riffraff, and pensioners.
    You would definately class me as riffraff haha, but coin throwing is discusting what ever cunt done that

Didn't know Jim Naughtie was a Charlton fan...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Oi, leftbehind ! Leave me out of it !!!![/quote]

Whoops Sorry ;-)