Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2011 Charlton Life weight loss challenge

Comments

• Options
    you wally LOL
  • Options
    Sunday's boozefest severely derailed me...

Though the burger king on the train home wasa bloody good !
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sunday's boozefest severely derailed me...

Though the burger king on the train home wasa bloody good !

Sunday would have destroyed all of us.
    I went via M&S...King Prawn Sarnie, 2 Pork Pies and a Sausage Roll... worst I've eaten since Jan 1st and probably worse that a BK.

Update: 15st 12.2lbs to 15st 11.4lbs so have now officially cleared the 1st stone barrier.
    Am following a 1-2lb a week loss programme so hopefully, will be at target weight in max 25 weeks...min 12.5 weeks (but think that is highly unlikely tbh).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]16st 11.8lbs to 15st 12.2lbs in 10 days.

but then you say: Am following a 1-2lb a week loss programme

how does that work??

Have avoided scales but have had birthday and 3 seperate nights out for it. Sensible now on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]16st 11.8lbs to 15st 12.2lbs in 10 days.

but then you say: Am following a 1-2lb a week loss programme

how does that work??

Have avoided scales but have had birthday and 3 seperate nights out for it. Sensible now on.

I'm using the Daily Plate food tracker on Livestrong.com.

You basically put in Age, Height, Weight and what weight loss you wish to achieve...and then it calculates your daily calorie allowance to achieve that weight loss.
    Then you need to track your calorie consumption (and exercise) on the daily plate.

I done it at the start of last year and lost 1.5 stone by doing and kept it off until I stopped doing exercise for a couple of months when the clocks went back...but I've been hugely overeating too, both at work and at home since I have been living on my own so was carrying far much more than normal, so have lost loads at the very start because I've cut out eating all the crap... Swapping a baguette, packet of crisps and a scotch egg maybe for lunch (round 800-900 calories) for a Weight Watchers ready meal (around 300 cals). Eating Special K Cereal Choc-chip bars (83 cals) instead of a Cadbury's Boost (350 cals).

I've also upped the exercise. I burnt off 2,500 cals alone 1st 2 days of Jan as went on two 30 mile bike rides. Have been burning off 600-900 cals every night on the bike...my Garmin tells me I've done over 10,000 now for January so far (just a tad over 200 miles effort!)

So been running a quite significant calorie defecit each day and I do tend to have some toast around 9-10pm at night with some Philadelphia light if feeling peckish after a turbo session but still below what I should be consuming, thus have lost that little bit extra.

Once the cycling catches up with me and I start feeling tired, I'll need to eat a bit more but can allow for that and still make the target net calorie consumption for the required weight loss.

http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/
  • Options
    WEll thanks for the diet tips but....... but my point is you say you want to lose 1-2 a week but you lost 13.6 pounds in 10 days! That is a amazing but not the 1-2 pounds you say you are doing. id love to do that..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]WEll thanks for the diet tips but....... but my point is you say you want to lose 1-2 a week but you lost 13.6 pounds in 10 days! That is a amazing but not the 1-2 pounds you say you are doing. id love to do that..

TBH, I dont think thats unusual. Anyone who is hugely overweight (I was at least 3 stone more than I should be) can lose loads in the first couple of weeks, then it slows down. Since I lost that 13lbs, I've only lost 2lbs since...so sort of makes sense. I certainly wont be able to lose any more in a huge chunk like that!
  • Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself on this thread - I've been a Personal Trainer since 1997 and i currently work freelance out in Five Oak Green near Tonbridge in Kent. I'm not particularly touting for business since most people won't live close enough, but if I can offer anyone on here some exercise advice then please feel free to ask.
  • Options
    Ok, update as promised.

Drumroll please..............................

Last week 19, 8lbs This week 18, 10lbs

lost 12lbs in the first week :)
  • Options
    2 weeks in, I've lost 5.5lbs. Only wanted to lose about 11 so another 3 or 4 weeks max (2 hopefully) and im there. But i always find it harder to keep it off than i do losing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    18st2

4 LB lost just from eating healthier - chuffed with that tbh

Hoping to combine with some exercise soon but knee ligament troubles hindering that at the moment
  • Options
    Week 2 Update

Still 15St 11........No loss week 2

:-(

Note to self, Must try harder and get out running more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]Ok, update as promised.

That is staggering!! mind you i dont think its healthy to lose like tha!

i managed a whole 2 pounds last week... going to be a long old road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]Ok, update as promised.

That is staggering!! mind you i dont think its healthy to lose like tha!

i managed a whole 2 pounds last week... going to be a long old road.

from all the guff i've read 2lb/week is sustainable.

thats what I'm telling myself anyway
  • Options
    didn't join this last week - but did start my weight loss programme - Was 17stone 10lbs last Monday am 16 stone 12 pounds today. Cutting out rubbish and limiting calorie intake combined with bike turbo and dog walking (plus a bit of footy). Aim is to lose 3 stone by July and then a further 2 stone over the following year. Then I need to keep it off, am 48 and only 5 feet 8 ins, so far to heavy to be healthy.
  • Options
    The one major change i've made... i've swapped my pints of lager o pints of wine soda. I think that helps.
  • Options
    Squash (the sport) is good.
  • Options
    Hit 15st 9lb last night after yet another turbo session, despite absolutely destroying my calorie allowance with 6 pints on Sunday having been on another trip to WHL. Have got my daughter for the next two weekends running so thankfully wont be anywhere near a pub. Really need to knock the drinking on the head.
  • Options
    down to 14st on the dot, lost 10lbs in just over two weeks.

cut out the beer, snacks and well i'm doing a low carb thing..
  • Options
    5'8" and 14st5 down to 14st3 in 2 weeks... Am cycling to work and back each day; a total of 100 miles a week! God knows how I havent lost more but it may be to do with the weekend bacon binges...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I started a week later than everyone else

Week 1 update: 13st 7, down 4 lbs

This week, I'm going to stop eating crisps. I had an unbelievable amount of them last week.
  • Options
    Week 2 update down 1lb so back to starting weight - this is going to be hard work
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addicted[/cite]5'8" and 14st5 down to 14st3 in 2 weeks... Am cycling to work and back each day; a total of 100 miles a week! God knows how I havent lost more but it may be to do with the weekend bacon binges...

hmmm i was about to say are you sure re height (not weight obviously) but you're not Addickted. You got a very smilar name to another poster on here.
  • Options
    Haven't even come under starter's orders yet, still on crutches. Saw my surgeon last week, he's happy with my ankle and now allowed to put weight on it after 6 1/2 weeks. Back to yesterday, after 8 weeks off, not great. Woke up in the night with it swollen and throbbing and my ankle was hurting also. I need to lose some weight to make it easier for my ankle. It going to be a long road, I think.
  • Options
    Bang on 22st - lost 11lbs in two weeks. Gym, diet and reduced beer intake. I always find the first stone the easier bit then the real hard work starts. But so far so good.....
  • Options
    Im 6'1 and was 15'9 at end of September and was 13'4 yesterday morning. So lost nearly 2.5 stone in less than 4 months as i went to pot on the diet over xmas.

Was hard work but worth it. Ok strictly it was end of 2010 rather than 2011 but just to show it can be done (safely and healthily) in a way it will stay off.

So much misinformation about nutrition, dieting and exercise out in the public domain it is criminal.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I may be too late to join in the fun..

But I'm 13st 3 and aiming to get down to 10 st 9 by April 11th which I think is 3lb a week, total of (36lb) 2 stone 8lbs? Will hopefully be cycling roughly 100 miles a week too once I get my bottle back..

I'm using the weightwatchers thing via the Wife
  • Options
    15st 8lb as of this morning, lost a total of 1st 3lbs since 30/12/2010.

The rate of loss is around 1/2lbs a week now, as I expected.
  • Options
    HarryHutchens, be grateful for some advice please.

When i used to go gym regularly i never paid any attention to heart rate stuff, but now i've started up again a bit older and a lot more unfit / overweight, feel i should start paying more attention to it.

Just did a basis session, cardio was 15 mins on bike, 15 mins on the treadmill (0.5% incline, 6mph so nothing crazy). Noticed at the end of the run my heartrate was 183, which struck me (with no knowledge) as high. 2 mins walking it was down to 140, another min down to 130.

Though my legs were killing me, my breathing didn't feel too bad to warrant what i presume to be a very high reading, certainly a lot less out of puff than if i was to go for a 'proper run'.

Should i ignore the heart rate stuff and just excercise like i normally do (stop when knackered), or should i be a bit more controlled about it ?

I'm 34, weight about 85 kilos. cheers
  • Options
    18st dead this morning - 6lb in 2 weeks

Thanks Weightwatchers app on the iphone - you rock