Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Does anyone know if we actually offered him the job?

Yes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I am beginning to question the vision and backing the new owners really have if they could not sell that vision to a young manager like Howe? I was optimistic that there was big money and big plans behind these new owners. Now I am not so sure.

Why? We are the fourth club he has turned down. More to do with Howe than our board.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]Very disappointed, especially as I've wasted so much time transfixed by that bloody live blog

Quite. All very well Charlton now claiming that Mr Howe didn't waste their time, he was only one of several possible candidates, shortlist of 5/6 blah blah blah.

But he sure wasted my bloody time. A day and a half of it. I bet Dennis Wise wouldn't have put us through this circus!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I am beginning to question the vision and backing the new owners really have if they could not sell that vision to a young manager like Howe? I was optimistic that there was big money and big plans behind these new owners. Now I am not so sure.

Why? We are the fourth club he has turned down. More to do with Howe than our board.

Agree.....This was obviously not mainly about money for him and i respect him for that.

I thought i was a glass half empty type but some on here......
  • Options
    Ah well. Shows a lack of ambition on his part bynot leaving and remaining in his comfort zone albeit with a nice pay rise. He may never get the opportunity again. On the other hand shows considerable loyalty, not a bad trait in my book. Better than him moving to Palace anyway.
  • Options
    We need someone with NO HOWE.
  • Options
    I wouldnt be too sure on the not about money statements there a few rumours circulating that differ that opinion.

One thing is for sure he was not 100% ready to Join us and therefore was the wrong person for our club.

Time to move on looks like Sir Keithy and Damien will be in charge Saturday against the Hoots
  • Options
    Now Bournemouth have blown all their budget on upping Howe's salary and will probably have to sell a player or two as a result, who've they got who's worth nicking?

There's got to be some way we can find of making the last two wasted days work for us!
  • Options
    Bournemouth's chairman on SSN saying Howe was given permission to speak with us. No more on that from him.
  • Options
    hearing late change of mind.

Howe has asked for another two days to think over our offer but will keep Charlton Life updated on his progress and thoughts.

13.14 Having buyers remorse. Think I might have made a rick on this one.

13.16 Wife not happy as already viewing houses in Wilmington so as to be close to her sister and to Bluewater.

13.17 Jason T very pee'd of. The chairman had promised him the AFCB job when I went plus a big pay rise. Says he might start looking around.

13.19 No, staying is the right option. Why move the kids?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should we now try and get someone who is out of work and actually wants/needs a job rather than trying to steal someone else's manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]1 nil to the Fat tosser

get in there

Congratulations. Medals all round ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]1 nil to the Fat tosser

get in there

Congratulations. Medals all round ;-)

A corset more like! One lucky guess and now he's getting all cocky.

I always said Pepsi is better

: - )
  • Options
    I've no doubt Howe was the best candidate on the list, and fair play to him for not just taking the money. No good having a mercenary on board who will be off to the Premiership as soon as someone waves their chequebook.

Not too keen on Hughton, Johnson and some of the others. Holdsworth/Tisdale only ones that appeal to me. I'd be happier to keep Keith & Damian than take some of the others suggested. Curious that Dailly is looking to move into Sport Science, I assume that means he hasn't done his badges?
  • Options
    Currently under no pressure at Bournmouth and absolutely adored by their fans. Would have been under great pressure had he come to us or Nigels. Got himself a pay rise so probably the right move, good luck to him. We do need to get somebody who has experience of promoting teams though.
  • Options
    Never rated him anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Should we now try and get someone who is out of work and actually wants/needs a job rather than trying to steal someone else's manager?

I heard they are trying this tactic and are currently in talks with Phil Parkinson.
  • Options
    O'Driscoll or Davies for me now. If not Tisdale.
  • Options
    Wasn't really fussed either way about howe. I an impressed by the way our new owners have handled the situation. If it's true that we pulled out of the race, then there's further evidence that they're not afraid to make a decision. Reports would also suggest that we've got a pound note too.
  • Options
    50.50% win ratio i.e. 51 games out of 101 games, tis a pretty good record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    13 28 Guys from the Echo is still outside front gates. He's begging me to ring Burnley as his hits have gone from 700 an hour to 4 a day.

13.30 Kids are asking for help with maths homework. try to explain that Daddy was earning x and is now earning x + y how much is z but they don't seem to understand. Then again they are only 2 and 4 years old.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]50.50% win ratio i.e. 51 games out of 101 games, tis a pretty good record.

Who has?
  • Options
    When we next Bournemouth at home can we get BDL to play "Should I stay or should I go"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]O'Driscoll or Davies for me now. If not Tisdale.

Can't see Davies coming from Forest no matter how many rows he has with their board plus him turning us down before.

O'Driscoll, Tisdale, Scott

ABW
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]When we next Bournemouth at home can we get BDL to play "Should I stay or should I go"?

Brilliant!
  • Options
    Bothers me a bit that any potential manager may not see us a good bet because of the ownership issue, plus there will always be the spectre of Wise lurking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]50.50% win ratio i.e. 51 games out of 101 games, tis a pretty good record.

Who has?

That's Howe's record. Some people on here were saying that they didn't rate him but I think this record suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]When we next Bournemouth at home can we get BDL to play "Should I stay or should I go"?

Followed by Bucks Fizz' mega hit - "Making Your Mind Up"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]I thought i was a glass half empty type but some on here......

This is a forum. It is where, amongst many other things, people express views and feelings about what is going on at the club! Sorry if I have caused you any distress.
  • Options
    Not that I'm bitter about all this (even though that is one of my personality traits) but I do now hope that Bournemouth slide down the table and end up being relegated next season while we go from strength to strength.