Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Qatar fails first test.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Apparently the grounds in England's group are far away from each other and in the middle of no where with nothing to do, enjoy. :)
    That’s not the case at all. All of the stadiums for the tournament are located within approx 30-40 miles of each other. 
    Yeah, but you wouldn't wanna walk it would you - certainly not in THAT heat.
    From what I'm told, its not the sort of place you can really walk anywhere - not necessarily because of the heat either. Just the way that its laid out. 

The metro links together 6 of the 8 stadiums pretty easily. The remaining 2 will take a bit more planning - but its such a small place that you can get taxis anywhere without spending too much. 

Climate in November can get as high as 28/29 at most. Not excruciating like it would be in the Summer. 
    Apologies, I meant miles out of Doha.

Guess you could get taxis if there weren't 60k people wanting to do the same thing. Guessing they'll be buses, perhaps visit a nearby pub while you wait for the queues to die down?
    The two ‘out of town’ stadiums are a 10 minute bus ride from the nearest metro stop.

The trip to Wimbledon on Tuesday night from Plumstead was longer than what it should be in and around Doha.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Apparently the grounds in England's group are far away from each other and in the middle of no where with nothing to do, enjoy. :)
    That’s not the case at all. All of the stadiums for the tournament are located within approx 30-40 miles of each other. 
    From what I'm told, its not the sort of place you can really walk anywhere - not necessarily because of the heat either. Just the way that its laid out. 

The metro links together 6 of the 8 stadiums pretty easily. The remaining 2 will take a bit more planning - but its such a small place that you can get taxis anywhere without spending too much. 

Climate in November can get as high as 28/29 at most. Not excruciating like it would be in the Summer. 

Guess you could get taxis if there weren't 60k people wanting to do the same thing. Guessing they'll be buses, perhaps visit a nearby pub while you wait for the queues to die down?
    Win or lose, on the booze!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

Not as difficult as you might think!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

The two ‘out of town’ stadiums are a 10 minute bus ride from the nearest metro stop.

The trip to Wimbledon on Tuesday night from Plumstead was longer than what it should be in and around Doha.
    FYI...
    England v Iran at Khalifa stadium is has a metro stop outside (10-15min ride from corniche/fanzone) and is easily accessed by road too.

England v USA at Al Bayt stadium is a metro (10-15min from corniche/fan zone) and then 15-20min bus ride. Plenty of buses will be running. Also we hear there will be direct buses from fan zones to the stadium. This stadium is awesome, best of the lot i reckon. Was there for a match in December with 63k in attendance, atmosphere is great.

England v Euro play off winner at Ahmed bin Ali stadium has a metro stop outside (is the end of the line, around 20/25 min ride from the corniche/fan zone), good road links too.
  • Options
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s appalling situation, but it’s gonna go on regardles. But the World Cup is the pinnacle for me and there’s absolutely no way I’m missing a WC especially with our best team ever. People will abstain but it’s a piss in the ocean with all things considered. Like most things, do what you wanna do.
    100%, a vast majority of people will not give any of this a second thought whilst watching the games, and the fans of the teams that do well even less so.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

FYI...
    England v Iran at Khalifa stadium is has a metro stop outside (10-15min ride from corniche/fanzone) and is easily accessed by road too.

England v USA at Al Bayt stadium is a metro (10-15min from corniche/fan zone) and then 15-20min bus ride. Plenty of buses will be running. Also we hear there will be direct buses from fan zones to the stadium. This stadium is awesome, best of the lot i reckon. Was there for a match in December with 63k in attendance, atmosphere is great.

England v Euro play off winner at Ahmed bin Ali stadium has a metro stop outside (is the end of the line, around 20/25 min ride from the corniche/fan zone), good road links too.
    Thank you mate, much appreciated 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

Particularly if I knew a "local" who could tell me how it works.

All over to yours for the WC is it mate?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

;-)
    Just let us know when youre heading over  :)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

;-)
    Just let us know when youre heading over  :)
    So you can make sure you're out?!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:

FYI...

Excuse me, but there was a lengthy discussion in full swing here, until you decided to but in with some facts.
    Unbelievable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The mention of “fanzones” and “awesome” is enough to keep me well away.
  • Options
    If you have 45 minutes spare, watch this. Really interesting.

https://youtu.be/uvyA-iCNSaU
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Well our boys will be doing this for the next two weeks.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63160650.amp
    And it has F All to do with BLM? 5th paragraph for anyone interested.
    And the captain will wear a nice multicoloured captains armband at Qatar.
    That will show them all our detest for homophobia and the way they treated thousands who lost their lives building the various stadia.
    Hypocritical to say the least.
    I hate this whole symbolism and being taught respect from the likes of Collymore (wife beater), Sinclair (racist) and Ferdinand (drugs cheat).
    Just play fucking football.

Rant over.
    Were Collymore, Sinclair and Ferdinand in that article? 
  • Options
    A thread about Qatar with a bizarre introduction of the topic of BLM.

This one has got legs. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    That will show them all our detest for homophobia and the way they treated thousands who lost their lives building the various stadia.
    I hate this whole symbolism and being taught respect from the likes of Collymore (wife beater), Sinclair (racist) and Ferdinand (drugs cheat).

Rant over.
    You forgot about the Rio dick pics when his wife was about to kick the bucket. We've all seen them.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    R0TW said:

Rant over.
    No, but they're black MyOneLung. And if three black people have done something bad (to a very broad array of degrees), then none of them deserve equality. 
  • Options
    Very hypocritical of Gary Neville to spend half his life on Twitter talking about rights issues (fine, up to him) only then to take money from Qatar to commentate.
  • Options
    Very hypocritical of Gary Neville to spend half his life on Twitter talking about rights issues (fine, up to him) only then to take money from Qatar to commentate.
    Yeah, but his nan and grandad were "working class"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because he has a contract with the broadcasters? Wouldn't they have paid Fifa for the broadcasting rights? Then again apparently I'm a  hypocrite because I'll watch some of the games on TV. :neutral:

Unfortunately arm bands and taking the knee are the best you can expect. Hopefully it'll be the start of the modernisation of the region and I generally believe it could be.
  • Options
    Because he has a contract with the broadcasters? Wouldn't they have paid Fifa for the broadcasting rights? Then again apparently I'm a  hypocrite because I'll watch some of the games on TV. :neutral:

Unfortunately arm bands and taking the knee are the best you can expect. Hopefully it'll be the start of the modernisation of the region and I generally believe it could be.
    He's working directly for beIN sports which is Qatari government run.
  • Options
    Why are England playing in three different stadia and Wales get to play all theirs in the same one? South Korea and Australia also get to "adopt" a home stadium when they are there, while others are not playing two games in the same place. I appreciate the distances involved are not massive, just seems a bit odd?  
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    R0TW said:

Rant over.
    No, but they're black MyOneLung. And if three black people have done something bad (to a very broad array of degrees), then none of them deserve equality. 
    I would have said two of them are as black as they are white, but each to their own.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Why are England playing in three different stadia and Wales get to play all theirs in the same one? South Korea and Australia also get to "adopt" a home stadium when they are there, while others are not playing two games in the same place. I appreciate the distances involved are not massive, just seems a bit odd?  
    South Korea, Oz and Wales are all dictatorships
    It always comes down to that in the end. 
  • Options
    Why? 

I disagree with Conservative policy on education, still means I have to take 'their' money in order to do my job. Does that make me a hypocrite? Or just someone doing their job and offering an opinion on what they would prefer to happen? 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Managed to get one of the last fifty tickets for England vs Wales today. 

Got tickets to 15 games over the 10 days I’m there:

England  vs Iran 

USA VS Wales 

Argentina  vs Saudi Arabia 

France vs Australia 

Belgium  vs Canada 

South Korea  vs Uruguay 

Brazil vs Serbia 

Qatar  vs Senegal 

England vs USA 

Argentina vs Mexico 

Japan vs Costa Rica