Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++ACTION STATIONS+++LETS FILL THE GROUND FOR EXETER (Ed. 22,000+ sold)+++

Comments

• We take areas off the non-members booking system when there are too few tickets to sensibly offer.

10,560 @ £5 - Exeter 500 - gate 21,600
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]H block is more or less sold out

2 left.

When I went on there the other day the furthest back was row QQ which is now gone. If your in that row not only will you be clogging up my block, you'll also be clogging up my row!

Haha. If i'm in QQ I will keep an eye out for a true player.
  • One of the things we have to do in this situation is bulk print some areas to sell on the matchday for cash in the north stand ticket office. So there are more seats than will appear online.

There are potentially 3,000 plus seats available to Charlton fans tomorrow, allowing for what we expect to sell up to 8pm tonight.
  • Block D, in the West Stand is near enough sold out as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Will keep an eye out for you jazz, did i meet u with choice at the barnet home cup game? Phil was wearing his bert the chimney sweep outfit.

Nice one mate. Nah that wasn't me there lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: CatAddick[/cite]Can't remember the last time I sat in a full row...

Can't remember the last time anybody sat in my row
  • Airman, what was the "break even" on selling the £5 seats as opposed to standard match day prices? Assume we are now in profit?
  • [cite]Posted By: alanscoachdriver[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CatAddick[/cite]Can't remember the last time I sat in a full row...

Can't remember the last time anybody sat in my row
    I'm just waiting for a few Siddarns - we're normally fairly vocal (well actually very vocal for WU) and CatJnr quite often stands up to sing; he even joined in bouncing last week, but normally the row behind us is empty....
  • Does the Fiver offer include a travel rug?
  • Do we get clappers on the seats?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done to everybody, a great achievement. Be good if everyone did the bouncy thing.
  • Really pleased with the response to Airman Brown et al's efforts, would love to see a 25k plus gate there Sat.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Do we get clappers on the seats?

No, they were washed pre season ; )
  • H block is more or less sold out

"H" Block sold out years ago....real CAFC Fans go to JBlock !
  • Nice one TCE lol.
  • I'm in H Block with my son and another was gonna wait until Saturday but got paranoid there wouldn't be any tickets left and went to the Valley this afternoon. Can't wait now until tomorrow. I hope Powell get the boys playing as well.
  • Just picked this up on twitter - its about 25 mins old......looking good for breaking 24k i think!

Sales of £5 Exeter tickets have hit 22,000, including 500 away fans - but 3,000 places remain available (MW) #cafc #footballforafiver
  • On the OS it now says that the Jimmy Seed stand will definitely be open for Charlton fans. We will have 1,348 tickets available in there.
  • edited February 2011
    Absolutely amazing how this has caught the imagination of the general public.

I just had a phone call from my 72 year old aunt who lives in Maidstone, asking where I sit.
    Apparently her, my uncle & 2 of her grandkids are coming up on The Valley Express.
    Stunned, I said to her this must be the 1st time you've ever been to The Valley isn't it ?
    She replies no I've been loads of times.
    Oh really says I when was that then ?
    I used to go with my Dad after The Greyhound racing finished and we got in for nothing in the 2nd half.
    When was that then, presumably in the late 1940's.
    Who said we can't entice back our old fans :-)

NB I've got my football hating brother coming tomorrow, with his football loving 2 kids. They've only ever been before on a freebie / school offer as well.

Some folks do love a bargain.
  • So we only need a 2000 walk up tomorrow to sell all tickets apart from the Jimmy seed stand?

Uptake to this has been brilliant, well done airman and Co.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Absolutely amazing how this has caught the imagination of the general public.

I just had a phone call from my 72 year old aunt who lives in Maidstone, asking where I sit.
    Apparently her, my uncle & 2 of her grandkids are coming up on The Valley Express.
    Stunned, I said to her this must be the 1st time you've ever been to The Valley isn't it ?
    I used to go with my Dad after The Greyhound racing finished and we got in for nothing in the 2nd half.

NB I've got my football hating brother coming tomorrow, with his football loving 2 kids. They've only ever been before on a freebie / school offer as well.

Some folks do love a bargain.

Haha brilliant to read! Hope they all have a great time mate :-)
  • Didn't think we'd need the JS stand but very glad to be wrong
  • That's brilliant, Covered!

It's great how this has captured everyone's imagination. Airman and all the people at the club have done brilliantly (as well as everyone who has helped to promote it to their family, friends and total strangers they have never met!).

Top banana.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Didn't think we'd need the JS stand but very glad to be wrong[/quote]

Agreed but still sends good vibes
  • 24659 Preston North End final game division 3 1974-1975 would just love if we beat that attendants against Exeter.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]24659 Preston North End final game division 3 1974-1975 would just love if we beat that attendants against Exeter.

I was there too!
  • Just like to echo what people are saying.

In these difficult economic times and with the apathy shown by many these days, this is a fantastic achievement by the the club and I cannot wait for tomorrow. Might have 6 beers before the game instead of the obligatory 4.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]24659 Preston North End final game division 3 1974-1975 would just love if we beat that attendants against Exeter.

What a night that was!CAFC v PNE 1975
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]24659 Preston North End final game division 3 1974-1975 would just love if we beat that attendants against Exeter.

It's virtually nailed on. Airman said we had 3000 left to sell & Exeter have 1200 left to sell, with about 150 left unsold for segregation purposes.
    That means we've already sold about 22,700 in total & Exeter reckon they will sell at least another 500 on the day, bringing it to 23,200.
    I reckon we will sell out (barring the 150 or so for segregation) ie 26,950 sell out.
    If I didn't have a ticket for tomorrow I'd be down there not much later than 1.30pm. By 2pm you might get a ticket, but you'll be hitting a long queue. (Educated guess ).
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I just had a phone call from my 72 year old aunt who lives in Maidstone, asking where I sit.

What a fantastic story. I am sure Airman will have loads similar, but that is what the VE and this kind of promotion is about.