Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic 3-2 Peterborough - Post Match Views

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
All post match views and comments here!

Comments

• Utterly hapless for 55 mins.

Pavel Abbott made a huge difference.

That first 55 mins was as bad as we have been this season. Totally outplayed.

Bessone shouldnt be anywhere near our first team. Nowhere near fit.

More later.
  • i was so pissed off with cafc player that i couldnt really gauge the level of poor play first half, nss rang me and said we are being murdered,

wish there was no boos i really thought that we would have more patience than that not good show at all 3 wins on the bounce with a new man you have to be better than that fellas

2nd half get in there, great subs great finishing and width crossing if we dont get a baller just get it wide

BWP 3 in 3 that is an excellent start sounded like he only had 2 chances

Ecclestone offers more outwide

Jacko is in the goalscoring form of his life

Russ coming on and putting himself about took the pressure off the midfield and onto their ch's

Sir Chris Powell is waving a magic wand and his half time Team Talks must be fantastic
  • Clem the commentators both said that he was our best player first half and he certainly sounded like it on the radio
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Clem the commentators both said that he was our best player first half and he certainly sounded like it on the radio

Bessone?

I want some of what they were sniffing then. He was shocking.
  • I came in to see 0-1 down and as soon as I had turned player on Jackson 1-1, Bradley Wright-Phillips 2-1 and a few minutes of housework later deflected shot OG 3-1 then I hear 6 minutes and Makhail Smith makes it 3-2 and it was over.
  • yep both of them said it was disapointing he had to go off was head and shoulders the only ray of light in the first half and on the commentry everytime he got the ball we seemed to attack and the breakdown of play was not his fault
  • That goal has to go to Abbott.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Clem the commentators both said that he was our best player first half and he certainly sounded like it on the radio
    Some people love to have a whipping boy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]That goal has to go to Abbott.
    Showing as OG on Player
  • So how did Franny do? Quite good from the sound of it??
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Clem the commentators both said that he was our best player first half and he certainly sounded like it on the radio

Oh piss off.

Were you there? No.

First time I have slagged him off. He isnt fit IMO and was constantly caught out miles up the pitch.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So how did Franny do? Quite good from the sound of it??

Had a great second half.
  • Francis was excellent today, best game so far....

Mccormack was poor, the game passed him by...

Bwp took his goal well an abbott was excellent when he come on....

The posh do play v good football though
  • blimey, first franny and this week abbott getting the praise. different players by the sounds of it from just a few weeks ago, i wonder what has changed?
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Francis was excellent today, best game so far....

A little bit of confidence is often all it takes
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Clem the commentators both said that he was our best player first half and he certainly sounded like it on the radio

Oh piss off.

Were you there? No.

First time I have slagged him off. He isnt fit IMO and was constantly caught out miles up the pitch.
    LMAO
  • 4 successive wins.

A valuable win today .......keeps us nicely in touch, especially as all around us are also on good runs.
  • NSS said francis had a good game today defended much better and was better with delivery
  • Nice to see we've now got a manager who can see what's going wrong and make positive changes to personel and tactics to turn it around, rather than just sticking to all he knows and hoping for the best.
  • Not read this thread yet so my random thoughts are:
    We would never have had the same spirit to win that game under Parky in my view, kicking the right way helped.
    Pboro were always a goalscoring threat.
    We were hammered in the first half, we were below average, and they were very positive.
    Doc was god like in his brave never say pass, go in where it hurts defending in the second half.
    Oxo only really played the last 20 mins, otherwise pretty poor.
    Semedo played very very well for the whole match, even in the first half when we were crap.
    Robbie was pretty good, and I reckon he will gett better and better over next few years.
    Simon Francis was better than of late, actually quite good in the second half and a great cross for a very brave jacko goal.
    The second goal had an awesome build up, and was served up to BWP on a pretty plate with a cherry on top by Nathan.
    Pavel Abbots body has been occupied by a good footballer, who changed the game in our favour by being a willing target and holding on to the ball up front, his introduction made it possible for nathan to get into the game.
    Pboro had a nice excuse for losing because of the keeper on our third goal.
    The crowd were pretty generous to the injured ref.
    We got three very juicy points.
  • Sponsored links:

• hahaha the website it says something like " francis showed his supreme crossing ability "
  • seth explain the bit about the posh keeper for me mate please
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 wins on the trot!!!!!!!! 2-1 as quick as a flash!!!!!!!!!! Own goal was excellent!!!!!! Man I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Charlton dressing room at half time!! They say about good players making bad managers, would that make Mr Powell 2 legends in 1? Of course!!!!! I cannot wait for Exeter at the Valley next week!!!!!! COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • you seem very happy joe good lad get in there
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]seth explain the bit about the posh keeper for me mate please

From where I was sitting Pavels OK effort squirmed under their keeper for our third when he should have smothered the ball.
  • i thought you meant we had done someting wrong they said it was deflected could that have had anything to do with it
  • [cite]Posted By: Red and white Joe[/cite]YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 wins on the trot!!!!!!!! 2-1 as quick as a flash!!!!!!!!!! Own goal was excellent!!!!!! Man I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Charlton dressing room at half time!! They say about good players making bad managers, would that make Mr Powell 2 legends in 1? Of course!!!!! I cannot wait for Exeter at the Valley next week!!!!!! COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got Hrtlepool away on Tuesday first.
  • edited February 2011
    Francis best game ever, he improving somehow

Macormack absent and lacking when he got ball on rare ocassions

awful first half, bizzarre game with the ref again? Did he collide with someone or just trip, looked like he'd broken and ankle, hope Fry? I forget now who was stretchered off is OK too. should have been 10 mins added on first half and 3 second, perhaps they tried to even it up..

another good win, Powell seems to be learning on the job, but he does seem to learn and make the right changes.

lovely bit of football for our second goal particularly
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Francis best game ever, he improving somehow.

Might have something to do with an international full back now coaching him. Said ages ago Powelly would sort him out.
  • hope so, he made some critical challenges first half and kept us in it, great crosses too