Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic 3-2 Peterborough - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]

All the idiots booing at half time should note that winning easily was never the Charlton way.

Booing, which in the past was kept for abject performances which lacked even the requisite effort, sadly appears now to have become a knee-jerk expression of disappointment in the score, regardless of how deserved (not just at CAFC). Utterly brain-dead and hopefully rendered almost irrelevant by its tedious repetition. How many of us weren't disappointed at HT? How many of us booed? Just a handful of impatient cretins who don't have the ability to pause for thought before voicing their ill-considered negative crap. I don't boo myself but understand the sentiment on rare occasions. This wasn't one of them (very few matches probably are). Just try engaging your brain before potentially annoying players, management, and fans alike.
  • Maybe it's just me?
    Just skimmed through 121 posts and no mention of Semedo with the weak pass that set up their first real chance that Robbie turned onto the post. One mention of his being nutmegged for the first goal. No mention at all of him being lucky not to see a red card for retaliation when we were 3-1 up, chasing and upending their player who had clattered him. I like Jose but he IS human, not a god. Had he got us reduced to ten men I fear we would not have held onto that lead. I'm not slating him but lets get a grip on reality here, his temper does get the better of him at times and he needs to work on controlling it. Sits back and awaits the vitriol!
  • Semeeeeedo
    Ooooohhhhhh
  • [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]no mention of Semedo with the weak pass that set up their first real chance that Robbie turned onto the post.

possibly because that was Jackson's fault
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]no mention of Semedo with the weak pass that set up their first real chance that Robbie turned onto the post.

possibly because that was Jackson's fault

I agree that Jacko put him in trouble but felt he could have dealt with it better. As I said above I'm not anti Jose, just feel that he is being seen by some as more than the sum of his parts. To add some balance I thought that Jacko should have been subbed, right up until he scored! Then felt he could stay :-), moved on to BWP who didn't seem to be getting the ball in the right places, failed to start calling for Pawel's head though - can't win them all!
  • [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]I thought that Jacko should have been subbed, right up until he scored! Then felt he could stay :-), moved on to BWP who didn't seem to be getting the ball in the right places, failed to start calling for Pawel's head though - can't win them all!

Okay, there's a smiley in there ...... but why do you feel the need to call for a player's head?
    And when he proves invaluable move onto another?
  • Altho it isn't Abbotts goal but the relief showed by him was great to see! I really felt happy for him.
  • jazzy I have no doubt it will be given to him, how it can be down as an own goal I don't have a clue
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]jazzy I have no doubt it will be given to him, how it can be down as an own goal I don't have a clue

Yeah and rightly so. The win made me happy of corse but seeing Abbott strike that ball goalbound and in added to my happyness. I am not a fan of Abbott really to be honest but when a player drops to the ground like he did, it really ment something :-)
  • In the first half when we were being tonked Semedo kept on keeping on, didn't hide, tried, and was probably our best player then....lots here focus on the second half, but Jose put in a really good 90 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]I thought that Jacko should have been subbed, right up until he scored! Then felt he could stay :-), moved on to BWP who didn't seem to be getting the ball in the right places, failed to start calling for Pawel's head though - can't win them all!

Okay, there's a smiley in there ...... but why do you feel the need to call for a player's head?

Don't understand this '... moved on to... ' bit?

Are you unable to enjoy a game without having a scapegoat?
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]I thought that Jacko should have been subbed, right up until he scored! Then felt he could stay :-), moved on to BWP who didn't seem to be getting the ball in the right places, failed to start calling for Pawel's head though - can't win them all!

Don't understand this '... moved on to... ' bit?

Are you unable to enjoy a game without having a scapegoat?

Wasn't 'calling for' anyone's head. Or having a scapegoat. Just discussing the fact that I felt Jackson was not having a good game two minutes or so before he scored, leading us to try the formula with BWP. It worked. Pav was playing well some didn't come into the equation!
  • Not really sure what to think. On the whole, we didn't deserve the three points against a good attacking team but for a 20 minute period we were just awesome and for another 15 superb in defence and that's banished the memory of the dreadful 1st half.

Our second was a peach, wasn't it? Just like watching Brazil.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite] Our second was a peach, wasn't it? Just like watching Brazil.

Yes, yes it was.
  • You see, there's a lot of this "didn't deserve to win stuff" - mostly on the Peterborough telegraph website and Posh website. Lets get it straight. We scored the goals. The referee didn't favour us (either of them - is he ok by the way?) we didn't cheat, play dirty or as far as I know threaten to shoot their goalie. We played a game of football and we scored more goals than them. When we play well and lose (hasn't happened for a while, I know) we take it on the chin don't we - and we ask ourselves questions about staying power. To his credit that's what Ferguson seems to be doing now.
  • "winning ugly", I believe St Alan used to call it
  • Except - as you point out, it was like watching Brazil for a coupla minutes.

COYR!
  • That second goal looks better every time i watch it.
  • regardless of whether the game changing abbott sub was forced or not, cp seems to be able to pull the players out of a malaise and get them back on track during the game. This is something i never felt parky could do and is reason for optimism.
  • Summed up the dilema about Jackson for me- did absolutely nout that I can think of but got a vital goal. Reid surely would not have reached that header so I am no closer to making my mind up about Jackson! Can't drop the 2nd top scorer I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Im suprised no-one has mentioned this. But in the first half, Jackson kept drifting inside and so there was so much room at on the left. Poor old bessone was often left 2 vs 1 and how now outlet down the wing when he had the ball. I felt sorry for the lad. Jackson needs to up his game, otherwise he may find him self on the bench.
  • A slightly lighter note but did anyonwe else notice CP doing a waltz witht he 4th official.
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011