Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool v's addicks match thread

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Nothings changed

Is that what they call ''irony''?

Because a huge amiunt has changed.
  • It was coming, it's football. Hey ho.

Bring on Saturday, 23,000 and lots of beers :0)
  • dosnt get us 3 points though
  • Powell has got 12 points from 15. PLEASE nobody start moaning.

The one reason we aren't a complete team is obvious to me.

We are missing a creative midfielder to link up play between midfield and attack. We have BWP and Eccleston - 2 very talented players and Benson and Anyinsah who both score goals. McCormack/Racon/Semedo are NOT the type of players that can create that link. Hopefully Powell can work some magic in the loan window.
    3 points against exeter on saturday and this one will be forgotten. If someone had said CP will have 12 points from possible 15 in his first 5 games I would have said yes please. So not all doom and gloom.
  • POWELL OUT!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Nothings changed

Seconded

Same players, same bottle merchants

These are the games that we have to drag something out of
  • still a poor team and poor result
  • Substitutions have played a part in our last few games as well. There really wasn't anything to inspire you on the bench. Need to get one of Benson and Anyinsah fit asap. Assuming Joe will walk straight back into the team once fit.
  • Need to put today's defeat down as a bad day that's all. Have some sympathy for the fans who travelled to see it.

The only worry I have so far under Powell is not scoring in the first half.
  • 1 defeat in 6 who cares if you win pretty or ugly, yes it's a bad result but s@@t happens. Let's just make sure we vent our frustrations by getting behind the team and spanking Exeter on saturday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Language please gentlemen.

Squad looking very thin with losing Francis and Racon

Its a set back but CP wiining streak and the away run had to come to an end somewhere.

More worried by what seems to have been another not so great performance and two goals from set pieces but not going to get too down with the downs as we shouldn't get too high with the highs.
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Nothings changed

Is that what they call ''irony''?

Because a huge amiunt has changed.
    A little.

BUT, and I know it's only 5 games, other than some goodwill on message boards (not noticeable in the stands), performances and style don't seem that different to me to be honest. Will take time of course which we're prepared to give.
  • Oh well the luck had to run out eventually - defence not good enough and nor is the midfield - BWP will score if he gets service but there isn't enough creativity in the side
    Mathmatically we had a chance of promotion but you've got to win the games in hand like tonight - we're looking some way off the top 4 - can't see us going up unless they can get a couple of decent loanees in
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]both dazzler i reckon
    sad... we didnt have a clue when it went 2-1 as to what to do.

BUT i really think captain Dailly was our problem at the back today we need a young good CB.
  • All part of the learning curve.Be interesting to see how Powellys team reacts.
  • [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]Powell has got 12 points from 15. PLEASE nobody start moaning.

The one reason we aren't a complete team is obvious to me.

We are missing a creative midfielder to link up play between midfield and attack. We have BWP and Eccleston - 2 very talented players and Benson and Anyinsah who both score goals. McCormack/Racon/Semedo are NOT the type of players that can create that link. Hopefully Powell can work some magic in the loan window.
    3 points against exeter on saturday and this one will be forgotten. If someone had said CP will have 12 points from possible 15 in his first 5 games I would have said yes please. So not all doom and gloom.

Mate, please don't lump Semedo & Racon in with McOxo. McOxo is a Kent league standard player at best.
  • beat exeter and go another winning run
  • Exactly!
  • Obviously everyone expected that the winning streak would come to an end, but the most annoying point is that the commentators who watched our game said we played with no desire. And why does it seem we only come to life in the second half, we need to play for the full 90
  • Thanks for the updates lads. It's been a good ride. Lets get back on-track Sat. COYR!!
  • Sponsored links:

• FT text from father-in-law.

"It was basically the first 55mins against Peterborough for 90mins. Dailly looked to be carrying an injury and the midfield might as well have stayed in the hotel"
  • Honestly think we need to use this squad[align=center]Elliott
    Solly---Dailly---Fry---Jackson
    Wagstaff---Semedo---Reid
    Racon
    BWP---Ecclestone[/align]
  • will be very interesting to see how they react on saturday and in particular how they play first half having had poor 45's against yeovil, pboro and tonite. also praying i dont have to see abbott on saturday, hope anyinsah is back
  • Let's face it the automatics places are quite frankly beyond us. The playoffs are however well and truly on the cards and a little movement in the loan markets will lift us.
  • edited February 2011
    ah well.... if everyone is honest we should have lost to Peterborough, lady luck has left the building, bring on saturday.
  • we just aint very good,forget promotion this season,we are lucky to be where we are
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Language please gentlemen.

I was trying to spell Seat (as in the car brand) then my keyboard went wonky!

(It's Ok now tho)
  • Boooo Powell is tactically inept, clueless, players not showing passion, we create nothing, can't defend etc.

It's just one game. Not good enough but before tonight everyone was generally positive. You got the feeling we all felt with a good signing or two and we could challenge for the top 2. Now we're not good enough, we haven't improved under Powell etc.

It's somewhere in between as it usually always is, remember what Henry just said
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but not going to get too down with the downs as we shouldn't get too high with the highs.

There's a long way to go and anything can happen. More players fit we suddenly have more options from the bench, possibly a stronger starting 11, and of course a good signing can really improve a team.
  • edited February 2011
    Quote 515 Heaven Se7 says it best. The above quote is spot on too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Boooo Powell is tactically inept, clueless, players not showing passion, we create nothing, can't defend etc.
    It's not Parkinson lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!