Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And Powell says

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Tough game

We've had a good talk with the players (8 minutes after the game)

Not to be

We need to be better

Comments

• Options
    Your point(s) being?
  • Options
    PL54 you could see the frustration on Powell's face.

If it was Parky he would blame the ref.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]PL54 you could see the frustration on Powell's face.

If it was Parky he would blame the ref.[/quote]

Blaming someone is better than stating the bleeding obvious

"we need to do better"

No shit sherlock
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tell you something there playing some grim football still patsys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]PL54 you could see the frustration on Powell's face.

If it was Parky he would blame the ref.

"we need to do better"

No shit sherlock

Well what else do you expect lol

He knows it won't good enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Your point(s) being?

It wouldn't inspire or make me scared if I played for him

I didn't see anyone playing in the way we might have expect Powell to have played in the past

If he is here as a result of his "Charlton" then it might be out of date

If he is here for his technical ability then who knows
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Blaming someone is better than stating the bleeding obvious
    Why?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]PL54 you could see the frustration on Powell's face.

If it was Parky he would blame the ref.[/quote]

"we need to do better"

No shit sherlock[/quote]

Well what else do you expect lol

He knows it won't good enough.[/quote]

maybe a bit more than that

Or is that good enough
  • Options
    I seem to remember a certain Alan Curbishley coming out after matches and sharing with us inspirational & rousing speeches following poor performances, or did I?

You're talking out of your arse, whatever Chrissy is telling the Sky camera's he won't be saying the same thing behind the doors of the changing rooms.
  • Options
    Here we go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Again.

Sad.
  • Options
    what people have to accept losing in league one then?
  • Options
    It was shit, we were lucky to win 4 under him and the recent results reflect how good he is. Players being played out of position etc. He has to go as soon as the season ends. Lovely bloke etc but so are John Robinson and Steve Brown and they are never managers.

Hoddle my 1st choice
  • Options
    Yer, has that Benitez bloke got a job yet?
  • Options
    no im up for him staying and showing us what his got,i think the players we have are just crud
  • Options
    Who said football fans were fickle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]It was shit, we were lucky to win 4 under him and the recent results reflect how good he is. Players being played out of position etc. He has to go as soon as the season ends. Lovely bloke etc but so are John Robinson and Steve Brown and they are never managers.

Hoddle my 1st choice

FFS!
  • Options
    Chris Powell said what most managers would say to the camera's doesn't mean he doesn't give the players a rollicking all the way home on the coach. He would be mad to single out players and very rarely to managers just rant...in fact when they do I always think they have lost the plot.

Don't blame a manager for what he says in front of the cameras. You could see he was not happy.

He will come good but only when he has had a chance to bring some decent players to the club, not the try hard duffers we were lumbered with by Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]It was shit, we were lucky to win 4 under him and the recent results reflect how good he is. Players being played out of position etc. He has to go as soon as the season ends. Lovely bloke etc but so are John Robinson and Steve Brown and they are never managers.

Hoddle my 1st choice

FFS!

I agree pathetic comment. Give the guy a chance lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]It was shit, we were lucky to win 4 under him and the recent results reflect how good he is. Players being played out of position etc. He has to go as soon as the season ends. Lovely bloke etc but so are John Robinson and Steve Brown and they are never managers.

Hoddle my 1st choice[/quote]

The most over reaction comment I have ever seen on this website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I seem to remember a certain Alan Curbishley coming out after matches and sharing with us inspirational & rousing speeches following poor performances, or did I?

You're talking out of your arse, whatever Chrissy is telling the Sky camera's he won't be saying the same thing behind the doors of the changing rooms.

Agreed
  • Options
    I must have got it wrong then

He's really good then and the players have really upped their game .
  • Options
    Powell Out [it's taken 7 games!]
  • Options

Hoddle my 1st choice

I agree - we should be European champions by now!!!

What is is they say "if you haven't got anything intelligent to say then don't say anything"
    I don't expect to hear from you for a while
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]It was shit, we were lucky to win 4 under him and the recent results reflect how good he is. Players being played out of position etc. He has to go as soon as the season ends. Lovely bloke etc but so are John Robinson and Steve Brown and they are never managers.

Hoddle my 1st choice[/quote]

If you want to get the god squad in why not go for Rufus?
  • Options
    It's called dignity nolly. Like what I'm sure you had when you were pummelled in the ring. Nothing wrong with losing, as I'm sure you know, it's the way you handle it that separates the class from the crass. I'll back Powell to sort it out and sort it out the proper way. Shame some of us aren't as classy.

Reasoned criticism is fine, but a bit more respect is expected.
  • Options
    lol at this thread
  • Options
    We look exactly the same as under Parky.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I seem to remember a certain Alan Curbishley coming out after matches and sharing with us inspirational & rousing speeches following poor performances, or did I?

You're talking out of your arse, whatever Chrissy is telling the Sky camera's he won't be saying the same thing behind the doors of the changing rooms.[/quote]

Another no shit Sherlock, FFS
    but at least say something worth saying
  • Options
    Disrespectful. He cares as much as we do, give him a chance FFS. If you supported someone else I'd hope you got hoddle.