Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And Powell says

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Why analyse his post match snippets? What do you expect him to come out and say to the meeja after every game....this....

Post match analysis

He's contractually got to talk to the cameras and like most managers probably just wants to get in and talk to the team.
  • Options
    What are you on ?

My question was do you think he has achieved anything in the last 2 games having stated that we needed to do better. Not sure it has come to civil rights just yet.
  • Options
    Not on anything sunshine, what's your excuse?

My point was I dont see the point of analysing every minute snippet in these sorts of interviews. We are shite. We should have been better. I havent seen any improvement not but I dont see the point of analysing every banal comment a manager makes. Its not an in depth analysis of the game and how we need to change its a throwaway state the obvious to keep the muppets holding the mics happy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]My point was I dont see the point of analysing every minute snippet in these sorts of interviews. We are shite. We should have been better. I havent seen any improvement not but I dont see the point of analysing every banal comment a manager makes. Its not an in depth analysis of the game and how we need to change its a throwaway state the obvious to keep the muppets holding the mics happy.

This. Every time we perform poorly you'll hear the same things in post match media comments. It's the same with every other team. If there's anything stronger or more controversial or whatever to say, it'll be said in the dressing room, where it belongs, to AVOID unnecessary speculation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Not on anything sunshine, what's your excuse?

My point was I dont see the point of analysing every minute snippet in these sorts of interviews. We are shite. We should have been better. I havent seen any improvement not but I dont see the point of analysing every banal comment a manager makes. Its not an in depth analysis of the game and how we need to change its a throwaway state the obvious to keep the muppets holding the mics happy.

OK Treacle
  • Options
    PL54...time to start going on about the 80-20% comment don't you think? Go on, let it fly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]"we need to be better"

Is the 4th of the 4 halves since a sign that he has worked out how ?
    You're an imbecile. Why would you judge anyone new to any job based n such a tiny proportion of games unless you were serious impaired? What exactly is your solution other than pathetic, high pitched whining?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

You're an imbecile. Why would you judge anyone new to any job based n such a tiny proportion of games unless you were serious impaired? What exactly is your solution other than pathetic, high pitched whining?

You are funny man !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Why do we have to resort to pathetic name calling. Calling somebody an imbecile just because his opinion is different to your own.
  • Options
    "3 cheers for sireli bobo"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]

Why do we have to resort to pathetic name calling. Calling somebody an imbecile just because his opinion is different to your own.

Surely you're used to a spot of patheitic name calling by now though dick, given the content of other boards you frequent? (not that you yourself resort to that sort of thing - genuine comment)
  • Options
    We just really really must do better next time

Imbecile

Sunshine

80%
  • Options
    One of these days "we need to do better"
  • Options
    The Addicks Owners plan is working a treat. Appoint an inexperienced Powell, kill off the club and develop the Valley as Abbots Mead Premier Housing Develpment....
  • Options
    When asked if the club had reached rock bottom, he remained bullish, saying: "No, not at all. I would never say that as we have games to go.

Oh great - there is worse to come then...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]One of these days "we need to do better"
    He doesn't exactly inspire confidence in such comments, although there isn't much he can say really.
  • Options
    We'll be begging for Dennis Wise come May. Maybe that was the plan..
  • Options
    Interesting angle I guess.
  • Options
    He sounded miserable when being interviewd on radio london after the game,not good and although a couple of wins should make us safe he can't keep coming up with excuses.

We need to do much much better.
  • Options
    Hate to be rude but there are a percentage (and I’m sure its more than other clubs) of charlton fans that are just idiots people calling for Powell’s head after a bad run of form is just stupid.

I wasn’t sure about him at first even when we had those four wins but we have him now and i think he has a lot of potential as manager. I was at the game and thought that it was another lacklustre performance. Call me an optimist but things aren’t that bad. I know were not going up now but that’s that. If all people have to do when they go to charlton is moan and boo why bother going? As for the bloke standing next to me trying to kick off with other charlton fans why bother arguing with other fans, if he was that bothered he would have gone next to the tunnel and make sure that SCP heard him.

All we need now is a good run of form and confidence will pick up and everyone will jump back onboard the SCP bandwagon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]Hate to be rude but there are a percentage (and I’m sure its more than other clubs) of charlton fans that are just idiots people calling for Powell’s head after a bad run of form is just stupid.

I wasn’t sure about him at first even when we had those four wins but we have him now and i think he has a lot of potential as manager. I was at the game and thought that it was another lacklustre performance. Call me an optimist but things aren’t that bad. I know were not going up now but that’s that. If all people have to do when they go to charlton is moan and boo why bother going? As for the bloke standing next to me trying to kick off with other charlton fans why bother arguing with other fans, if he was that bothered he would have gone next to the tunnel and make sure that SCP heard him.

All we need now is a good run of form and confidence will pick up and everyone will jump back onboard the SCP bandwagon.[/quote]

Congratulations you have just won the most blinkered fan award.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]

Congratulations you have just won the most blinkered fan award.
    I can see where everyones coming from but i just think whats the bloody point in moaning about it and just knocking the teams confidence even more we dont have the best team as it is why make them even less confident by getting on their backs in the first minuite. we are definatley some of the most negative fans there are.
  • Options
    look mate cheer jeer openly dance in front of them,there useless and the tactics and motivation is worse than under parky.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]I wasn’t sure about him at first even when we had those four wins but we have him now and i think he has a lot of potential as manager. I was at the game and thought that it was another lacklustre performance. Call me an optimist but things aren’t that bad.

All we need now is a good run of form and confidence will pick up and everyone will jump back onboard the SCP bandwagon.[/quote]

Seriously you are not a descendant of the captain of the titanic are you?

I don't want Powell out, I would rather an experienced head with recent Div 1 knowledge were brought in now to help him, but how bad do things have to be to be "That Bad" we've just lost 7 out of 8!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    fair enough may be im just being too optimistic i agree with you about them showing no passion and not looking as though they want t play for the club but this seasons over and theres nothing we can really do about it you lot might be turning me negative but wait till the summer and see what happens next season i dont think he is a great manager but the board say hes in it for the long run and i think they seem like theyre going to stick by him so one of those make do with what youve got situations in my opinion.
  • Options
    Alex Ferguson couldn't get this lot to play decent footie at the moment imo. We are missing the injured players and when we have them back results will come, just gonna have to be patient.
  • Options
    yes he could
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Alex Ferguson couldn't get this lot to play decent footie at the moment imo. We are missing the injured players and when we have them back results will come, just gonna have to be patient.

So if Alex Ferguson couldn't, does this mean Parkinson is a better manager than Sir Alex? Is this all smokes and mirrors, and the sacking of Parky was actually him facilitating a lucrative move to Man United in the summer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Alex Ferguson couldn't get this lot to play decent footie at the moment imo. We are missing the injured players and when we have them back results will come, just gonna have to be patient.

So if Alex Ferguson couldn't, does this mean Parkinson is a better manager than Sir Alex? Is this all smokes and mirrors, and the sacking of Parky was actually him facilitating a lucrative move to Man United in the summer?
    But Parky didn't get this lot playing decent football either. But he did get them (mostly) difficult to beat, and winning a reasonable proportion of games.