Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And Powell says

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes I just roll my eyes to the heavens and shrug my shoulders.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    he has to speak to SKY it's part of the deal with the tv companies
    to all the doughnuts moaning about what he said what would you have liked him to say .... exactly

the same people who hang on every word he says or doesn't say were probably critical of Sir Alan Curbishley not being exciting enough in interviews and were running round with their dicks out when alan pardew was announced as our manager cos he had a bit more of a personality
    clueless so many of you it's scary
  • Options
    But were you part of the crap away support Oohaa ?
  • Options
    Its true, the quality of football was no better than parky's. Scp needs to have the chance to get his own players in, that have the attitude/ability he's looking for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]But were you part of the crap away support Oohaa ?

of course not .....half term with the kids and all that

don't think it was crap tonight prolly 700 , although a new ground for some i suppose
    already been there a few times , when football wasn't so fashionable
  • Options
    Guys why don't you look at the OS to see what Powell had to say.

His quotes:

On the goal we let in

"It was a poor goal conceded by us, and we then get a chance to get back in it and after that we are chasing the game"

Asked about the poor pitch

"No not at all. You have to adjust to it, that's what it's about.It's not for me to say if it is good or not. We turn up representing Charlton and you have to play the game to the best of your ability you have got to adapt to the conditions."

On our chances

""You can play and hang on for 90 minutes, get one chance take it and win 1-0 or you can create chances like we did tonight - and we did create a few - but you have to take them."

If that is not good enough then I seriously don't know what is...................
  • Options
    madness to turn on powell - can't believe that post by charltonfan isn't a wind up from another club. CP can't wave a magic wand but he can act in the loan market which will be his first test in my opinion, assuming he couldn't quite get what he wanted in the jan window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: milne[/cite]We look exactly the same as under Parky.

Maybe its because bar a couple of players we are the same squad.

A dose of realism has kicked in really.....goes to show that parky wasnt so bad as many (including me) thought he was. He got as best out of a rag tag squad of mainly third division players that he could. So lets lay off Parky and more importantly CP, the blame for our poor standard of play lays firmly with the players at our disposal, until they change (yet again) then we will win a few, lose a few, but promotion this season will remain a pipe dream unless we change the squad around...our back four collectively are poor with a glimmer light thrown by Jenkinson and perhaps Solly once he is fully fit....we have one CB in Dailly, the others are error prone...we lack a Bailey style centre/right midfielder.....we have plenty of forward options.....we just need to find the right formula with the loan additions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: milne[/cite]We look exactly the same as under Parky.

I'd agree with that. Makes you wonder what's going on. We've seen a good manager in Pardew fail, poor Reed's reputation destroyed, Powell turned on and Parkinson's head called for. I wonder if it says more about the club than the managers actually.

Don't turn on the fans who expect more or are impatient. It's been a tough few years and anyone still committed, talking about the club they care about on a forum deserves an opinion whatever it may be.
  • Options
    Parky left us with a bog slow centre half partnership that CP hasn't been brave enough to change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Parky left us with a bog slow centre half partnership that CP hasn't been brave enough to change.

'Brave enough' is a bit harsh, Powell is lacking no courage imo. It's no skin off his nose to drop Docherty, no matter how much experience he has. The squad Parky left us with was good enough to get into the play offs last season in a league much tougher than this one, and Powell has added BWP and Eccleston to that, thus in theory making it even better. Whilst I agree that the CB partnerhsip needs improving, we need to be doing much better with what we have
  • Options
    The team is very deficient in two key areas and everybody can see what they are. Until we address those areas no manager, not even Fergie, could produce a promotion winning side. Powell is still evaluting his squad and he has had to show a certain amount of respect to some of the more senior players by not dropping them immediately. However by now he too will have come to the conclusion that changes need to be made. The best we can do as fans is get behind him 100%.
    He has a big advantage over Parky in that the fans wanted him as manager and he was a hero as a player. How about we stop talking about changing managers all the time and put our energy into supporting the team, win, lose or draw. Curbs was allowed to lose ten on the trot and nobody started calling for his head!
  • Options
    I disagree that we look the same as we did under Parky. Yes some things are the same, set pieces, dodgy defense BUT we actually look like scoring at times. Under Parky we had games where we created nothing, in contrast with Exeter when we hit the bar twice and had shots off the line. Slater has said that promotion isn't important this season because Powell will be given time to produce during the summer. Of course i would love promotion, but with the squad we have got i don't see that happening, we can have a shot at it, get in the play-offs, but fans need to be patient, give CP time, i wonder if people were saying this after the first 4 wins?
  • Options
    This may sound silly, but if we are exactly the same now as we were under Parky, then what's the point in sacking him for Powell? I'd be willing to bet that we would be no worse off now if we had Parky at the helm, with the backing from Slater and Co.

To be honest we actually created more chances tonight and Saturday than we did in the 4 wins. However I feel that Powell has already made some very poor decisions. Starting Abbott on the basis of one good half and then lumping it to him whilst he was isolated is one of them. Playing BWP and Eccleston on the wing is another. Starting Macca ahead of Racon, playing Jenkinson Left Back, letting Francis take all the set pieces, subbing players when the game is already lost (Exeter game) are several more that spring to mind as I type, and I know he's literally only just started the job, but I would have preferred these mistakes to be ironed out in pre season friendlies and the very start of the season, not at the start of the run in of the season.

But seeing as he is in and we can't go back, how about Powell shows us exactly what he's made of and try to turn this mediocre team into something more cohesive and more consistent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]I disagree that we look the same as we did under Parky. Yes some things are the same, set pieces, dodgy defense BUT we actually look like scoring at times. Under Parky we had games where we created nothing, in contrast with Exeter when we hit the bar twice and had shots off the line. Slater has said that promotion isn't important this season because Powell will be given time to produce during the summer. Of course i would love promotion, but with the squad we have got i don't see that happening, we can have a shot at it, get in the play-offs, but fans need to be patient, give CP time, i wonder if people were saying this after the first 4 wins?

All very well, but we have failed to score just 4 times in the league this season, which I think you'll agree isn't exactly misery in front of goal. Not to mention the fact that we have scored the most goals away from home too.
  • Options
    Yes put against teams like Brighton home, we had no chances at all, which explained the scoreline. Not denying we scored goals under Parky, but now we seem to be creating more chances even if we get beat.
  • Options
    im happier that powell is here rather than parky i more of the thought its the players who are to blame at present,but if people have reason to fault powell regarding team matters etc then should feel free as nobodys sacred from bad perfomances whoever they are,early days promotions a bonus after all.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've held my tongue for long enough.

Powell's inherited a shit team, has spent any money he had on the division's leading scorer (for a song, I might add) and is playing to a fanbase that is 80% made up of utter, utter tossers. Any of you who seriously think we are worse off under him, or are seriously suggesting he should be sacked/quit are either Palace mugs on a wind-up, have the intelligence of garden furniture, or are a c***.
  • Options
    I actualy thought today we played quite well but the fnal ball was lacking. Powell has been challenged with having abbott joe and benson out o er the period he has been here so his attacking options have been limited. For me. The exeter and not
    ts games in terms of football were much better, the players need to push on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]This may sound silly, but if we are exactly the same now as we were under Parky, then what's the point in sacking him for Powell? I'd be willing to bet that we would be no worse off now if we had Parky at the helm, with the backing from Slater and Co.

To be honest we actually created more chances tonight and Saturday than we did in the 4 wins. However I feel that Powell has already made some very poor decisions. Starting Abbott on the basis of one good half and then lumping it to him whilst he was isolated is one of them. Playing BWP and Eccleston on the wing is another. Starting Macca ahead of Racon, playing Jenkinson Left Back, letting Francis take all the set pieces, subbing players when the game is already lost (Exeter game) are several more that spring to mind as I type, and I know he's literally only just started the job, but I would have preferred these mistakes to be ironed out in pre season friendlies and the very start of the season, not at the start of the run in of the season.

But seeing as he is in and we can't go back, how about Powell shows us exactly what he's made of and try to turn this mediocre team into something more cohesive and more consistent

sorry but how was playing Jenkinson at LB a very poor decision?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe it is some of the fans that follow Charlton that cause negativity for the team...Fuck me, some of the posts are unreal...get a life some of you. He's just started and has a shit team. We dont play like we used to in the premier. We are not that team anymore and are light years away from it too. What good would being "scared" of a manager be? Un bloody real.
  • Options
    I blame the fans .......
    Once again no booooing and we lose
    It worked against peterboro
    And we failed to booooo for our recent losses
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I've held my tongue for long enough.

Powell's inherited a shit team, has spent any money he had on the division's leading scorer (for a song, I might add) and is playing to a fanbase that is 80% made up of utter, utter tossers. Any of you who seriously think we are worse off under him, or are seriously suggesting he should be sacked/quit are either Palace mugs on a wind-up, have the intelligence of garden furniture, or are a c***.

Pretty much this.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Keep the forward line we have now , add two midfielders and two centre backs to the squad in the summer and I belive we will be promoted next year. Once they sacked parky it was always going to be bonus for promotion , with the turds in the squad at present , we might even get a gllimpse of what next season could be like , with a couple of decent loan players.
  • Options
    Leroy Ambrose...you talk sense. We must have some of the worst fans in football.
  • Options
    Ffs give the man more than 7 games you loons. I am amazed by the reaction of some on here
  • Options
    CHARLTONFAN OUT!

He's already had one post, HOW MANY MORE CHANCES DO WE NEED TO GIVE HIM?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]Maybe it is some of the fans that follow Charlton that cause negativity for the team...Fuck me, some of the posts are unreal...get a life some of you. He's just started and has a shit team. We dont play like we used to in the premier. We are not that team anymore and are light years away from it too. What good would being "scared" of a manager be? Un bloody real.

Well if it was a shit team for, no wins in three games Powell, ergo it must have been a shit team for Parky. I would have liked some of you to have given Parky the same support that you are giving Powell.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]The team is very deficient in two key areas and everybody can see what they are. Until we address those areas no manager, not even Fergie, could produce a promotion winning side. Powell is still evaluting his squad and he has had to show a certain amount of respect to some of the more senior players by not dropping them immediately. However by now he too will have come to the conclusion that changes need to be made. The best we can do as fans is get behind him 100%.
    He has a big advantage over Parky in that the fans wanted him as manager and he was a hero as a player. How about we stop talking about changing managers all the time and put our energy into supporting the team, win, lose or draw. Curbs was allowed to lose ten on the trot and nobody started calling for his head!

Agree 100% with this post.

It's also hard to argue with some of Leroy's points too.
  • Options
    LeroyAmbrose for Charlton Life post match loss supporter spokesperson