Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And Powell says

Comments

• Options
    Pray well MOG and you may find redemption
  • Options
    Charltonfan!

A blast from the past, this clown used to use every single post on netaddicks to slag off Jason Euell - if he's set his sights on Powell I hope admin do the decent thing !!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]You're clearly on the cusp dickplumb - how much have you spent in the club shop over this season ? That could swing it for you.

A king's ransom, both on me and my family.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]You're clearly on the cusp dickplumb - how much have you spent in the club shop over this season ? That could swing it for you.

OK, you're in the 20% then. Just be sure not to air any opinions again - especially if they don't concur with Leroy's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]

OK, you're in the 20% then. Just be sure not to air any opinions again - especially if they don't concur with Leroy's

I will try not to. My wife is always complaining that i am too opinionated. In future i will just go along with the crowd.

POWELL IS SPARTACUS!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Don't go along with the crowd mate - 80% are tossers

Edited, I meant utter tossers
  • Options
    This just sums up the reason I dont really post on here anymore, you must tow the party line, disagree with certain posters at your peril.

Powell should be given the time (even Shakin Stevens Slater admits promotion is not a given this season), however, he is also not beyond criticism, and I for one dont go in for the kiss his arse, blind loyalty shown by some, he is human, not superman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]This just sums up the reason I dont really post on here anymore, you must tow the party line, disagree with certain posters at your peril.

Powell should be given the time (even Shakin Stevens Slater admits promotion is not a given this season), however, he is also not beyond criticism, and I for one dont go in for the kiss his arse, blind loyalty shown by some, he is human, not superman.

don't let them deter you DA9, i've found it to be a great bit of sport when you get turned on for questioning the party line.
  • Options
    PL54...mate, say the 80% thing one more time, pleeeaasssseeee
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]This just sums up the reason I dont really post on here anymore, you must tow the party line, disagree with certain posters at your peril.

There's criticism and then there's saying he should be fired at the end of the season & replaced with Glenn Hoddle !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This all got very political very quickly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

There's criticism and then there's saying he should be fired at the end of the season & replaced with Glenn Hoddle !!!!!

Yes but that is his OPINION and he is entitled to it. If Charltonfan thinks that he should be sacked then other posters should then post a cogent reason why that wouldnt be a good idea. They shouldnt just post 80% of Charlton fans are tossers and C****. Reasoned debate is what football forums are all about. I agree with DA9 when he says disagree with certain posters at your peril.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

Yes but that is his OPINION and he is entitled to it. If Charltonfan thinks that he should be sacked then other posters should then post a cogent reason why that wouldnt be a good idea. They shouldnt just post 80% of Charlton fans are tossers and C****. Reasoned debate is what football forums are all about. I agree with DA9 when he says disagree with certain posters at your peril.

And so say all of us, opinions are not about right or wrong, they are exactly what they say they are......opinions.
  • Options
    tow the party line ? why so its only left to people that agree !!!! f**k that i disagree with it !

DA9 we need people with voices of reason like me an you fella. I cant burn em all onme own !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]tow the party line ? why so its only left to people that agree !!!! f**k that i disagree with it !

DA9 we need people with voices of reason like me an you fella. I cant burn em all onme own !!

LOL....ps......deanos back for a 10 days in August.....beer time?
  • Options
    Would just like posters opinion on why Lee Bradbury is doing so well at Bournemouth in relation to Chris Powell. Both are rookie managers, both have played for the clubs they are managing. As far as i know he has not spent any money.They also lost their top scorer Josh mcQuoid. Are Bournemouth players that much better than ours? Is the team a more cohesive unit? Are the expectations of Charlton supporters weighing down the Manager and the players. Just thought it was an interesting comparison.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    'Just thought it was an interesting comparison'

Lol, no you didn't, someone else did and told you to post it on here.

That person and a few others have already decided after 7 games that Powell is going to be a failure as a manager, so its a debate that is not even worth having.
  • Options
    I think you will find that Lee took over a well organised and cohesive situation, whereas Chris walked into a confused and inconsistent situation. It appears that the management of Bournemouth have done an excellent job, and executed the change without rocking the boat.
  • Options
    No comparison at all. Bradbury, being a Bournemouth player before being appointed manager, would have known every single player in their squad. Powell was at Leicester and would have known maybe Fortune and Elliot from his time at Charlton. Bradbury also took over a Bournemouth team that was playing well and has maintained the momentum, Powell came in with Charlton on a downward slope.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]'Just thought it was an interesting comparison'

Lol, no you didn't, someone else did and told you to post it on here.

That person and a few others have already decided after 7 games that Powell is going to be a failure as a manager, so its a debate that is not even worth having.

I have been rumbled, its a fair cop but society is to blame!!! I on the other hand have said before that Powell should be given time( two Seasons) to get it right.
    What i don't appreciate is the view that people who take a contrary view to the Powell love in are Tossers and C*****. As moderator AFKA Bartram is that acceptable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol, I'm sure it didn't say that before? :0)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What i don't appreciate is the view that people who take a contrary view to the Powell love in are Tossers and C*****. As moderator AFKA Bartram is that acceptable?

Probably not. Certainly not the terminology i would use or encourage, but it has been taken completely out of context. It was in response to someone (registered under a false name) saying the manager should be sacked and was one of three options. Have no problem in saying it is a sentiment i agree with though. It was certainly no worse than for example someone else elsewhere stating that the new chairman is a w***er, which you didn't seem to have any problem with.

I'm intrigued why you read things as a 'love in'. Is wanting to support a new manager, whoever they are, viewed as a love in ? Is refusing to judge a manager after just five weeks viewed as a love in ? Is refusing to write a season off with 16 games to go viewed as a love in ? Is wanting one of our best ever players to be given a fair chance to go on and become a successful manager viewed as a love in ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Probably not. Certainly not the terminology i would use, but it has been taken completely out of context. It was in response to someone (registered under a false name) saying the manager should be sacked and was one of three options. Have no problem in saying it is a sentiment i agree with though. It was certainly no worse than for example someone else elsewhere stating that the new chairman is a w***er, which you didn't seem to have any problem with.

I'm intrigued why you read things as a 'love in'. Is wanting to support a new manager, whoever they are, viewed as a love in ? Is refusing to judge a manager after just five weeks viewed as a love in ? Is refusing to write a season off with 16 games to go viewed as a love in ? Is wanting one of our best ever players to be given a fair chance to go on and become a successful manager viewed as a love in ?

Beware the cult of the manager and the cult of hating the manager. Two sides of the same coin.
  • Options
    Let him manage the club im glad his here over parkinson or a pardew not my choice but then i doubt many could get this lot in to the automatics,at the same time he will judged on what he does not being a nice guy or being called Sir,the fact is were one of the biggest clubs in this poxy league so the play offs is not a bonus but is what is expected like it was when parkinson was at the helm.
  • Options
    Let' s see what happens this evening against a good benchmark Div 1 side.

The team still lacks what it's lacked for years .. passion & commitment .. if CP can engender that into a decent bunch of players it'll be a job well done.

Elliott (for lack of anyone else) .... Francis Dailly Doherty Jenkinson .... Wagstaff Semedo Mccormack Jackson .... Wright-Phillips Benson (if fit) .. let's get STUCK IN
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Bump

Yep, 1 more game has changed everythiing. He's had more than enough time now in 8 games instead of 7.

Are you going to bump this only every time we lose or when we win and draw as well?
  • Options
    Reminder from the post match Sky interview (where this all started) at Notts County:

"We've had a good talk with the players (8 minutes after the game)
    Not to be
    We need to be better"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Reminder from the post match Sky interview (where this all started) at Notts County:

"We've had a good talk with the players (8 minutes after the game)
    Not to be
    We need to be better"

Yes i know why you did it, my point was that things not miraculously changing after 1 more game doesn't prove or mean anything.
  • Options
    "we need to be better"

Is the 4th of the 4 halves since a sign that he has worked out how ?