Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benni McCarthy

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We should have signed him when we had Shaun Bartlett if we were going to.

Far too late now in my opinion and his only worthwhile contribution would be to challenge Bobby Hunt, JFH, David Whyte etc for the fattest arse of all time in a Charlton kit.

Did Curbs not try to at one stage?

There will never be a bloke play for us with an Aris bigger than Jimmy's IMO but Benni could run him close with a few more pies in him.
  • Options
    He hasnt even signed for us yet and people are slagging him off! Fair enough he is a lil bit podgy, but considering the "charlton life weight loss thread" it would seem we are all carrying a bit of timber. As for him being in a club till 4.30 am: that again means nothing. I go clubbing at the weekends until crazy o clock (im sure alot of do on here) but we can still put in the effort in our day jobs....

Give the guy a break...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Interestingly, Mark Morrison ( return of the mac) was at the same place, and was acting with a bit more class!

Was he handing out the aftershave in the toilets?

"No splash no gash"
  • Options
    Ronaldo was fat but was still shit hot in front of goal. Some players just don't do so well when they lose too much weight. Andy Reid is an other example. I don't go for all this 10-15% fat ratio stuff or whatever they call it and even Avram Grant said McCarthy was slower after losing weight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Interestingly, Mark Morrison ( return of the mac) was at the same place, and was acting with a bit more class!

"No splash no gash"

No he was standing there with that same gold chain dressed in all black, with black leather gloves nodding his head. I was almost tempted to tell him that as he was short of money nowdays ( or so reported he is) that the gold necklace will probably be worth alot on that cash 4 gold places!

I could see him coming up with a decent lyrics for the no armani no punarni toilet attendants
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

"No splash no gash"

No he was standing there with that same gold chain dressed in all black, with black leather gloves nodding his head. I was almost tempted to tell him that as he was short of money nowdays ( or so reported he is) that the gold necklace will probably be worth alot on that cash 4 gold places!
    I could see him coming up with a decent lyrics for the no armani no punarni toilet attendants

Best you didn't, he probably would have tasered you.
  • Options
    If you think Benni McCarthy is big, just wait until you see Enoch Shouwni on Saturday for Tranmere. He's a big guy, but he does score some goals.

Lets hope Benni McCarthy, if he arrives, can put the ball in the back of the net. And doesn't get injured recovering match fitness. Would he drop down x2 leagues though ?
  • Options
    West Ham striker Benni McCarthy offered to Addicks

Monday, 28 February 2011

By Richard Cawley

WEST Ham misfit Benni McCarthy has been offered to Charlton on loan.

The South African striker is not in the east London side's 25-man squad and recently spent time on trial at QPR.

Charlton boss Chris Powell said: "Benni McCarthy has been offered to us and he's one of many that we've looked at.

"Trying to tie up a player like that there are all these sort of different financial factors before a deal like that would come off. It would take a lot of work."

Get tomorrow's South London Press for the full story.

Follow me on Twitter - @RichCawleySLP.
  • Options
    FFS well lets hope WHU are paying his wages-- buying his xxxxxxxxL kit and paying for his grub. Makes JFH look like a size zero ! Is it allowed to play in one of those electric carts that OAPs use in ADSAs? because thats they only BiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiG Benni would even beat Docherty in a sprint !!
  • Options
    Hopefully good but could be 3 years and 3 stone too late
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon hed score shit loads of goals
  • Options
    what was it, 6 years ago he won the champions league?
  • Options
    'Been offered but some financial issues' reads like 'being touted to everyone to get him off WHU wage bill but we aint paying that much'
  • Options
    http://www.offthepost.info/2010/08/fat-west-ham-striker-benni-mccarthy-threatened-with-fine-over-waistline/
  • Options
    No thanks!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]No thanks![/quote]

Think most feel that way but looks like he is on the way

god knows why
  • Options
    Could work out really good if he gets the form he had pre-west ham. Or he could turn out to be another Jimmie Floyd Hasslewank. Used to be an absolute quality finisher... as long as he loses the weight it could work out, if not he wont get in them scoring positions
  • Options
    Well it will be a good exuse to sing "Bouncy, Bouncy..alalala" more times!!!
  • Options
    Disaster waiting to happen.

He'll turn up, strut about letting everyone know how much he earns, eat everyones lunch, block the training room bogs and piss off back to Wham having contributed a missed penalty and a withdrawal of the clubs credit facilities at Domino's Pizza, Kebab Ye and Big Boys Cafe.
  • Options
    Give him a chance perhaps if we're not paying much towards his wages I think he has the ability to be an awesome player especially at this level and he's better than Benson/Anyinsah imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Admittedly he's not what he once was but his flair and skill could be entertaining in this league
  • Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=7552&headline=West+Ham+striker+Benni+McCarthy+offered+to+Addicks
  • Options
    We need a target man for a different option and a bit of variation. McCarthy won't give us that.
  • Options
    Now on Football Rumours

LOL

28 Feb 2011 21:37:08

Benni McCarthy will join charlton on loan by the end of the week. The addicks could not afford to pay a slice of his 60K p/w wages, so they have agreed to pay him in pies instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]We need a target man for a different option and a bit of variation. McCarthy won't give us that.

He'd make a perfect targetman......even our players couldn't fail to hit a target that big.
  • Options
    Simply because I know nothing about him in footballing terms....what kinda striker is he? is he a target man?
  • Options
    Does this guy like his food or something?
  • Options
    benni from crossroads looks fitter .
  • Options
    Would now be a good time to resurrect the old fav. "who ate all the pies"?